Is NCL Crazy??? - Sticker shock for Gem Cruises

cruisewmn

I truly appreciate everyone's opinions. I have checked with a few TA's, but no one is able to get me any real discount. We're going to reconsider the Jewel 9-day out of Miami and look at some other cruiselines which offer a hot tub on the balcony as another option.

I think I can say this because it's not a specific TA. Have you tried cruise compete. I was surprised at the range of prices I was offered and that was on an inside room.

Kindred souls!

Trailer trash of the USA... UNITE! We are not elephants! We are HUMAN BEINGS! Stand up and be counted!

:)

I think every neighborhood has its trash. I'd rather be on a cruise with a respectable person who lives in a trailer than a 'trashy celebrity' from Beverly Hills.

Actually, I don't want to be on a cruise with any trash -- whether it is 'trailer park trash' or 'park avenue trash'!

It's not where you live -- it's how you act and behave that makes the difference.

I think every neighborhood has its trash. I'd rather be on a cruise with a respectable person who lives in a trailer than a 'trashy celebrity' from Beverly Hills.

Actually, I don't want to be on a cruise with any trash -- whether it is 'trailer park trash' or 'park avenue trash'!

It's not where you live -- it's how you act and behave that makes the difference.

Thank you. Bravo. And thank you again.

The higher fares are charged to people who want to be assured of sailing in their preferred category. They upsells are for people who booked a lower category and presumably would not have paid the original asking price for the high end suite.

To the OP, I suggest booking a lower-cost suite and hope for an upsell. That puts you in the position of those who got the better deal, at the risk of sailing in a lesser suite. Pretty small risk to me, but maybe not to others.

I agree, there are relatively few people who will pay the rack rate for the top end suites, but they are out there - people with more money than they can spend. NCL wants some of that cash.

When sail time nears and the suites are not sold out, they will discount them, that is certain.

NCL only upsells when they need rooms at a lower category. If the lower rooms aren't sold out they won't discount the higher categories. In their mind there is no need to. I know all the arguments against that but that is their policy.

I just returned from my second NCL cruise on the 12/14 Pearl in Courtyard Villa #14508. While we loved it, we were upset to find out how few of our fellow Courtyard level guests actually paid full fare for their cruise. It appeared that only two or three of the families did -- others were offered upsells. In fact, the family in the cabin next to us paid HALF as much as we did. I hate to think that I'm subsidizing other peoples' cruises.

Still, we enoyed our cruise enough that we decided to book a January 2009 sailing of the Gem out of New York. I just priced it out and am in total disbelief. None of the Courtyard Villas appear to be booked, yet NCL is asking for an unbelievable amount of money for these cabins. We paid about $10,500 for our Pearl suite. They're asking almost $16,000 for the same suite on the Gem. I expected a slight increase because the cruise is 10 days as opposed to 9 days, but not $5500!

I checked the Jewel cruises for the 9 day itinerary and they are still in the $10K range. Why is NCL charging such a premium for the Gem cruises? Do they really think they're going to find that many customers willing to pay $16K for a cruise? No way. As a result, they're going to have to fill the cabins with upsells.

Why doesn't NCL just charge a reasonable amount for their suites? It's not smart business. The courtyard guests become friends and talk about prices. People who pay full fare resent NCL for charging them such high prices and others such low ones. They're going to start losing their high end guests if they keep this up. My DH and I are now looking at other cruise lines. It's a shame because NCL offers a great product. They just need to overhaul their pricing.

You are not "subsidizing" anyone else's cruise! You paid what you were willing to pay (and what you must have assumed to be fair) to be assured of a specific level of suite. Fine. The people who were fortunate enough to either book when fares were discounted (which happens during slow times) or who got a call from the upsell fairy paid less than you did. You have a problem that they took advantage of these other offers. That's your problem, not theirs and not NCL's.

Did it ever occur to you that the people who booked, for example, a mini-suite aren't necessarily "poor" or less than "high end"? Many very wealthy people are actually quite frugal. My parents' best friends are multi-millionaires (I say this not to brag just as fact; my parents worked hard, but let's face it, teachers don't usually become millionaires). They cruise several times a year, usually on Princess. They do not book the high end suites. They book cabins that they are happy with and enjoy every minute of their cruises. Oh, and they've also remained best friends with my parents for about 65 years. They and my parents used to travel together all the time and when my dad died, they still travel with and spend as much time as possible with my mom. No one ever had a problem with the obvious disparity in travel budget. A friend's daughter and son-in-law are well off, but see no need to flaunt it or to book a higher category than what they'll be happy with. They love NCL and have been offered upsells from AFs (their "bottom line" category and one they truly enjoy) to AEs and above. They usually accept. Does this make them less "worthy" of the suites?

Have you considered that someone can be extremely well educated (both school and life), have excellent social skills and many friends, attend music/theater/art events, be well traveled and speak more than one language, and yet still work in a profession that offers less tangible benefit than others? It doesn't take money to make someone classy. I will now brag on myself and DH: We are both college graduates with post-graduate degrees. We both worked extremely hard in our white collar professions. By avocation, we're musicians and theater people. We're well traveled, articulate, well spoken, friendly, and honest. While we're not perfect (far from it), I think we're pretty high class. Frankly, I'd rather spend time with a nice, honest, friendly person with less money than an arrogant idiot with millions (I am not referring to you; just wanted to make that clear).

For crying out loud! If you resent paying the full fare, don't book the suites OR do what others do and book a lower category (assuming you will be happy with it) and perhaps you'll get a call from the upsell fairy. One thing we would never, ever do (and always advise against for others) is to book lower than we want and hope/expect an upgrade/upsell. For us, the "bottom" line is a balcony cabin. We are quite happy with that. I guess I should feel bad then that we accepted the third upsell offer for last December (this was one of the slowest weeks of the year) and moved from our AF (great fare because of senior discount--but I expect you don't want to "subsidize" the older crowd either) to an A4. We scored for sure, and we loved the whole Courtyard experience.

Some of the most obnoxious, rude, and arrogant pax in the Courtyard Villas that cruise had paid full fare. I only know this because they trumpeted it loudly as "We can afford to spend as much as we want, you peasants!" Hardly the "high end" demographic you reference. And why on Earth would you sit around discussing what others paid for their cruise? That is the height of tackiness/rudeness. Miss Manners, et al, would not consider that appropriate behavior in a civilized setting. Do you ask others or do they simply vounteer the info? Do you go around telling people that you paid full fare and feel you are somehow more worthy than others? As the saying goes, get over yourself!

To address your other frustration, I agree that the disparity between fares for the Gem and for other ships is unfathomable. I think that's a ridiculous amount and certainly a $5500 difference makes no sense. OTOH, I'm assuming that NCL's Revenue department must have a reason for it. (What that reason might be, I can't imagine.)

IMHO, the biggest problem with the price variations and upsells is that NCL has sold the Courtyard as an "exclusive ship-within-a-ship", thereby commanding the prices for the privacy and alleged superior service from those who wish to pay for it.

This completely falls apart when those who originally choose to pay far, far less for base units are upgraded at cheap rates. Consequently, the area is no longer "exclusive" or "stylish" or "elegant".

I know, I've sailed with the "Joad Family", four and an infant in their cv - I paid $11K for two, they paid a $1500 fee in addition to their minisuite. Nice.

Pretty soon, NCL will be hawking the Courtyard to the National Trailer Park Assn.

You are aware that mobile or manufactored homes in "trailer parks," as you call them, can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, aren't you? Or are you simply rudely disparaging an entire segment of the population with a sweeping generalization? Being "trailer trash" has less to do with where someone lives than it does to do with how someone behaves. Do you really believe that the very wealthy are better people? How sad. Take a look at the lives of some of the most highly paid "entertainers" and the behavior of many of our typically wealthy politicians. Heck, look at Donald Trump. He's a complete jerk, money doesn't change that.

You had a bad experience with those neighbors, I don't doubt that a bit. But getting an upsell had nothing to do with it. Of course the area is just as exclusive, elegant, and stylish as it would be if everyone there paid full fare. People aren't classy because they have money, and they aren't "trashy" simply because they don't. I'd just as soon not cruise with someone who has an attitude like yours. Your contempt for those who do not have or do not choose to spend as much as you do would no doubt make the experience miserable for everyone who you don't deem "worthy" of being there. I pride myself on not judging people based on how much money they have or how they choose to spend it. I judge them based on their behavior and attitudes.

beachchick

Amen! I agree totally with everything that has been said by beachchick. It's really NOT on how much you spend showing if you are classy or trashy. It's how you act and approach life. I try not to judge those around me on how much they do or don't have. Money isn't everything.

You are not "subsidizing" anyone else's cruise! You paid what you were willing to pay (and what you must have assumed to be fair) to be assured of a specific level of suite. Fine. The people who were fortunate enough to either book when fares were discounted (which happens during slow times) or who got a call from the upsell fairy paid less than you did. You have a problem that they took advantage of these other offers. That's your problem, not theirs and not NCL's.

Did it ever occur to you that the people who booked, for example, a mini-suite aren't necessarily "poor" or less than "high end"? Many very wealthy people are actually quite frugal. My parents' best friends are multi-millionaires (I say this not to brag just as fact; my parents worked hard, but let's face it, teachers don't usually become millionaires). They cruise several times a year, usually on Princess. They do not book the high end suites. They book cabins that they are happy with and enjoy every minute of their cruises. Oh, and they've also remained best friends with my parents for about 65 years. They and my parents used to travel together all the time and when my dad died, they still travel with and spend as much time as possible with my mom. No one ever had a problem with the obvious disparity in travel budget. A friend's daughter and son-in-law are well off, but see no need to flaunt it or to book a higher category than what they'll be happy with. They love NCL and have been offered upsells from AFs (their "bottom line" category and one they truly enjoy) to AEs and above. They usually accept. Does this make them less "worthy" of the suites?

Have you considered that someone can be extremely well educated (both school and life), have excellent social skills and many friends, attend music/theater/art events, be well traveled and speak more than one language, and yet still work in a profession that offers less tangible benefit than others? It doesn't take money to make someone classy. I will now brag on myself and DH: We are both college graduates with post-graduate degrees. We both worked extremely hard in our white collar professions. By avocation, we're musicians and theater people. We're well traveled, articulate, well spoken, friendly, and honest. While we're not perfect (far from it), I think we're pretty high class. Frankly, I'd rather spend time with a nice, honest, friendly person with less money than an arrogant idiot with millions (I am not referring to you; just wanted to make that clear).

For crying out loud! If you resent paying the full fare, don't book the suites OR do what others do and book a lower category (assuming you will be happy with it) and perhaps you'll get a call from the upsell fairy. One thing we would never, ever do (and always advise against for others) is to book lower than we want and hope/expect an upgrade/upsell. For us, the "bottom" line is a balcony cabin. We are quite happy with that. I guess I should feel bad then that we accepted the third upsell offer for last December (this was one of the slowest weeks of the year) and moved from our AF (great fare because of senior discount--but I expect you don't want to "subsidize" the older crowd either) to an A4. We scored for sure, and we loved the whole Courtyard experience.

Some of the most obnoxious, rude, and arrogant pax in the Courtyard Villas that cruise had paid full fare. I only know this because they trumpeted it loudly as "We can afford to spend as much as we want, you peasants!" Hardly the "high end" demographic you reference. And why on Earth would you sit around discussing what others paid for their cruise? That is the height of tackiness/rudeness. Miss Manners, et al, would not consider that appropriate behavior in a civilized setting. Do you ask others or do they simply vounteer the info? Do you go around telling people that you paid full fare and feel you are somehow more worthy than others? As the saying goes, get over yourself!

To address your other frustration, I agree that the disparity between fares for the Gem and for other ships is unfathomable. I think that's a ridiculous amount and certainly a $5500 difference makes no sense. OTOH, I'm assuming that NCL's Revenue department must have a reason for it. (What that reason might be, I can't imagine.)

You are aware that mobile or manufactored homes in "trailer parks," as you call them, can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, aren't you? Or are you simply rudely disparaging an entire segment of the population with a sweeping generalization? Being "trailer trash" has less to do with where someone lives than it does to do with how someone behaves. Do you really believe that the very wealthy are better people? How sad. Take a look at the lives of some of the most highly paid "entertainers" and the behavior of many of our typically wealthy politicians. Heck, look at Donald Trump. He's a complete jerk, money doesn't change that.

You had a bad experience with those neighbors, I don't doubt that a bit. But getting an upsell had nothing to do with it. Of course the area is just as exclusive, elegant, and stylish as it would be if everyone there paid full fare. People aren't classy because they have money, and they aren't "trashy" simply because they don't. I'd just as soon not cruise with someone who has an attitude like yours. Your contempt for those who do not have or do not choose to spend as much as you do would no doubt make the experience miserable for everyone who you don't deem "worthy" of being there. I pride myself on not judging people based on how much money they have or how they choose to spend it. I judge them based on their behavior and attitudes.

beachchick

beachchick

I wonder if you read any of my other posts on this thread? I have made no attacks on anyone from any financial or social background. Nor do I feel I have to defend myself for my background.

Also, when I said "high-end", I was not referring to class, simply those who book suites.

In regards to my comment about "subsidizing" other peoples cruises, let me explain. If NCL is charging me an excessive amount of money to stay in a cabin, yet others are paying literally half that amount, either NCL is taking a huge loss, or they are over-charging me to make up for the $5000 difference in revenue per upselled minisuite cabin.

Once again, I do not have a problem with anyone who gets an upsell (GOOD FOR THEM), I just wish NCL charged a more reasonable fare in the first place so that there was not such a disparity in pricing. No one wants to feel as if they were taken advantage of financially, no matter what they're buying (a computer, car, or cruise). We all want to know that we got a fair deal.

This is a very interesting question. Why does NCL or for that matter any cruise ship charge so much more for its luxury suites and almost never willing to compromise.

This is not unique as many have stated before to NCL or cruises. The same exact practice exists in airlines and hotels. First class tickets in flights irrespective of whether the flight is full or not is always a very high premium. And same goes for 5 star hotel prices. A shot of whiskey is well over $50 in certain bars in several 5 star hotels. The idea is to give the impression that they are pricey and expensive and unattainable items. And one way or the other they do subsidize the fair others pay because this is where airlines, hotels and cruises make their money and profit.

And ofcourse in a captalist economy no two will ever pay the same price for anything.

Well, if that's how you're gonna act all I can say is.....I'm glad to call you my "neighbor" :D

OP:

I understand where you're coming from. It can be irritating to realize you paid X and someone else paid Y for the same thing, no matter what the reasoning is. And I agree that because the Gem is new, in NYC, blah blah, is probably why the prices are so high right now. Makes you wonder what they'll charge for the next generation of ships that are coming!

My question to everyone here is why on earth one would pay so much for a Cruise line like NCL? We love NCL and cruise with the kids on NCL but if we want luxury, sans the kids, we do something like Regent Seven Seas which would be less than half the price of a Courtyard Villa and far more exclusive. Also all drinks are included on a smaller ship like that. Just wondering!

Angie...

Good question.

We can afford the 'luxuary lines', but being only 45 and 37, and a little funky-alternative, my wife and I greatly dislike both the formality and stuffiness of traditional cruising. I can't ever see us sailing on the likes of Seabourne.

Also, though we enjoy the co of older people, we also don't enjoy sailing

ONLY with older people. So, the likes of HAL is out, unless we are travelling with our parents. I'm not sure what to make of Cunard, etc..

We also much prefer to be travel with people of all classess, race, ethnic background, and all classes of wealth, not just americans or brits, etc. An ideal situation would be to have the likes of scientists, strippers, farmers, manufacturers, conservative americans, bankers, a race acrd river, a punk rocker, latino europeans, and crazy australians all up in the courtyard. Ok, it's an extreme example, but you get my drift? On a HAL cruise, for example, generalizing, we found the pax to be very stodgy 'white' 'british' OLDER (mid 70's) 'american', pseudo wealthy. For us anyway, a tad BORING. Bring on the personality please, let's mix up with some more eclectic pax backrounds, etc...

We leave for our first NCL cruise next Friday. Sure, we're in a villa. Why not, we can afford it, we like all the extra's. At the same time, we're really looking forward to the no frills part, the people of all ages, the freestyle aspect, the not dressing up in prom dress, etc...

Though we've cruised HAl and X, at the end of the day, we prefer Princess, X second. We think we will like NCL just as much as Princess, we will see...

Makes sense?

jc n tara

toronto

2007 Sept X Xpedition Galapagos

2006 Sept X Galaxy Europe

2006 Jan Princess Star Caribean

2004 Jan X Millenuim Caribean

2003 Oct HAL Oosterdam Europe

2002 May X Constellation Europe

2001 Jan Carn Fascination Caribean

My question to everyone here is why on earth one would pay so much for a Cruise line like NCL? We love NCL and cruise with the kids on NCL but if we want luxury, sans the kids, we do something like Regent Seven Seas which would be less than half the price of a Courtyard Villa and far more exclusive. Also all drinks are included on a smaller ship like that. Just wondering!

As NoPradaPiratesPlease stated, it's marketed as a "ship within a ship" environment. Regent ships are lovely if you want a really low-key vacation, but a lot of people (and their kids) prefer the go-go-go atmosphere of an NCL ship. At the same time, they want to return to their private space to be able to cocoon in peace and elegance.

A fair amount of celebrities choose the Garden Villas, Deluxe Owners' Suites and Courtyard Villas so their families can enjoy the run of the ship while they can peacefully remain away from the hordes of fans.

Jana

I'm sure you all know that an AB is exactly the same floorplan as a CV. We book AB's because of the space and the second mini-cabin witihn. The CV's don't appeal to me for the same reason Freestyle does. I don't want to be on a lounge chair, up close and personal with people I might prefer not to be in close proximity to. I also find it difficult to sit across from strangers at a table for 4 at dinner. Table of 10 maybe. The CV travelers are a little too close for comfort for my taste. ( although the Deluxe Owner's Suite with it's own hot tub looks pretty cool!!! :D

We should all be very grateful to even be talking about any of this. Instead of a real Prada bag, I'd rather send the money to Feed the Children or St. Jude's!! The New Year is almost here and I hope we all think about the many who have way less than we do. Instead of that extra souvenir or bottle of liquor, I'm going to put my money where my mouth is and send a check to St. Jude's!!!

Just to add my little $.02....we enjoy sailing out of NYC cause it's 1/2 hour from home and we're on vacation. No missed flights and no lost luggage to worry about. Most of our trips are during cooler weather and the kids are in school. Most of the time we book a year in advance. It's a winter break and we don't have to worry about missing a flight due to the weather. Our Gem cruise coming up has gone up more than $1000 since we booked it. We enjoy that first cold day at sea. There are many activities onboard or we can just start to relax and enjoy the trip and the ship.;) Diane

Hey Diane!!! Wish we were sailing with you guys. :D We don't mind those cold sea days either. They're our 'drinking to warm up days'.... ;)

Hope you have a wonderful cruise. Best to Monty...

Jackie

I wonder if you read any of my other posts on this thread? I have made no attacks on anyone from any financial or social background. Nor do I feel I have to defend myself for my background.

Also, when I said "high-end", I was not referring to class, simply those who book suites.

In regards to my comment about "subsidizing" other peoples cruises, let me explain. If NCL is charging me an excessive amount of money to stay in a cabin, yet others are paying literally half that amount, either NCL is taking a huge loss, or they are over-charging me to make up for the $5000 difference in revenue per upselled minisuite cabin.

Once again, I do not have a problem with anyone who gets an upsell (GOOD FOR THEM), I just wish NCL charged a more reasonable fare in the first place so that there was not such a disparity in pricing. No one wants to feel as if they were taken advantage of financially, no matter what they're buying (a computer, car, or cruise). We all want to know that we got a fair deal.

I did read your other posts, but I thank you for this one because it's the first one (for me) that really explains your frustration without sounding (again, to me) as if you feel you are somehow "better" than those who get an upsell or discount or whatever.

I can't argue that we all want to know we got a fair deal, but the fact is that it's still not your business what others paid for their cruise. Why anyone would feel the need to "brag" to you about the deal they got is beyond me. Prices in the travel industry fluctuate wildly. The same type of suite at a hotel that cost person A $1000 per night might cost person B half as much because the hotel wasn't filling and the revenue department decided to offer a special (say, a two-nights-for-one). And don't even get me started on airfare! It's all over the map, all the time. I've found it's best to book at a price point that we're comfortable with and then not spend that much time worrying about what others have paid. You bet that I check fares (air, cruise, hotel, car) even after we've booked on the off chance that a special or discount has been added to our specific time frame. Often it is and we can often get the lower price (assuming we qualify). If we don't qualify, we'll be disappointed, but not let it get to us too much because we booked a price we can live with.

We'd love it if the basic fares for suites were lower, but I still don't consider it subsidizing others. The high end (and thanks for clarifying your definition; that helped) suites have many benefits and perks, so the cruise lines charge substantially more for them. I think that NCL has gotten wise to the number of people who book lower categories than they want and then wait for the upsell call. I also believe that there were people who would "reserve" suites (while simultaneously having an actual reservation in a lower category) and then "cancel" the suite booking at the last minute so that NCL would "need" to fill the suite(s). It's my opinion (solely a guess) that this is a primary reason NCL instituted the no-refund deposit on the higher suite levels. That way, people are far less likely to book a suite just so they can cancel it later or book a suite just in case they want one (even if they have no real plans for taking the cruise). The thing is though that the non-refundable deposit might also keep people from booking a suite for the fear that something will happen and they won't be able to go. Even before final payment, they'd be out that quite hefty deposit. I'd think that would make even some well to do folks hesitate.

beachchick

beachchick-

I hate to harp on the issue, but your personal attack and assumptions about my character are just so disturbing and offensive. Did you happen to read my post near the top of this page (#50)?

Yes, I did, and I admit that I didn't read it with as much compassion as I could have. And I did and do agree with you that the extremely higher fares for Gem make no sense. The thing is that if the other ships with Courtyards don't have the vastly inflated fares, then it cannot be a matter of the cruise line charging higher full fares so that they can offer lower fares to fill the suites. If the fare issue is confined solely to Gem, there must be something else going on specific to Gem. I have no idea what that could be.

For me, your OP was the one that absolutely bothered me. You've explained what you really meant to say, which is very helpful. I do understand your frustrations, and I think that in your OP you might have let them "lash out" in a way that you didn't really intend. It was that lashing out that I reacted to.

No matter what, I hope you are able to find a cruise at a fare that works for you. (Come to think of it, that's what I hope for all of us.) If I reacted harshly in a way that offended you, I apologize. I don't take back any of my sentiments regarding those who feel they are "better" than others or those who spend a lot of time getting angry when others pay less than they do, but I will say that I can see now that your first post wasn't a true representation of what you meant.

beachchick

Some of the most obnoxious, rude, and arrogant pax in the Courtyard Villas that cruise had paid full fare. I only know this because they trumpeted it loudly as "We can afford to spend as much as we want, you peasants!" Hardly the "high end" demographic you reference.

-----

Do you really believe that the very wealthy are better people? How sad.

People aren't classy because they have money, and they aren't "trashy" simply because they don't. I'd just as soon not cruise with someone who has an attitude like yours. Your contempt for those who do not have or do not choose to spend as much as you do would no doubt make the experience miserable for everyone who you don't deem "worthy" of being there. I pride myself on not judging people based on how much money they have or how they choose to spend it. I judge them based on their behavior and attitudes.

beachchick

The comments above and the swift and articulate apology to the OP show that you have real class. It's appreciated.

The poster who called out "the Joad family" can take a lesson from you. It's gratifying that the arrogance, elitism and contempt has been met with reactions like this, not just from you but others as well. You just managed to articulate it with near perfection.

Thank you.

Jana

I think OP was rude, and later tried to cover it up. Your puppies are adorable however!

Thank you, Mrs. B! My "family" is just awesome, mother and daughter, Pippi and Zit. Love 'em to BITS!

Actually, I didn't think the OP was rude, I thought her question had legitimacy. But the comments from the poster NoPradaPiratesPlease was shocking in their contempt and arrogance. Why she would think that others would find them acceptable or agree with her is beyond me.

NCL doesn't appreciate those sentiments either.

Jana

PS What chew doin' up so late???

The comments above and the swift and articulate apology to the OP show that you have real class. It's appreciated.

The poster who called out "the Joad family" can take a lesson from you. It's gratifying that the arrogance, elitism and contempt has been met with reactions like this, not just from you but others as well. You just managed to articulate it with near perfection.

Thank you.

Jana

What a very nice thing to say. I appreciate it.

I think OP was rude, and later tried to cover it up. Your puppies are adorable however!

Perhaps, but even so we've all been in a place where we lash out in anger and then later regret what we've said. Whichever the case, I don't mind admitting that I may have been somewhat harsh with cruisewmn. I do not, however, take back one word or even temper my reply to NoPradaPiratesPlease. That is an attitude I simply can't stand and don't really understand.

beachchick

Jana, thanks for the nice reply. You can read why I'm still up on the "bed bug" post. I've lost two of my "children" this past year. Now have another that seems to be going down hill. The more you have to love...the more you have to lose, unfortunately.:(

Jana, thanks for the nice reply. You can read why I'm still up on the "bed bug" post.

OK, I bit. Your post on that thread made me --literally-- laugh out loud. Thank you for that!

I've lost two of my "children" this past year. Now have another that seems to be going down hill. The more you have to love...the more you have to lose, unfortunately.:(

Yes, but would we ever be happy without them? Pippi was my "empty nest" baby and I cannot imagine life without her. When that time comes, (ouch!) I'll have the memories and hope I can find another to love just as much.

(She doesn't get fleas because I can't let her -or Zit- because she's so allergic she gets infections from just one bite. Try Frontline Plus. It works.)

Jana

Archived