Best PG shore excursions?

Hi Rebecca: It looks like we'll be on the same cruise together. I am also starting to sign up for the excursions. I wish I knew what times the Paul Gaughin has its parties so I'm not out on an excursion at the same time, but I don't see anything that outlines what the ship's schedule for get-togetherss is. Is their Motu Mahana party the first day and does it last all day. I thought I heard that they also host a party on Bora Bora but don't know when so I can book the excursions around it. Hope we bump into each other on the ship. My DH and I can't wait. Does anyone else know what the ship's schedule is or where I can find it?

Hi Rebecca: It looks like we'll be on the same cruise together. I am also starting to sign up for the excursions. I wish I knew what times the Paul Gaughin has its parties so I'm not out on an excursion at the same time, but I don't see anything that outlines what the ship's schedule for get-togetherss is. Is their Motu Mahana party the first day and does it last all day. I thought I heard that they also host a party on Bora Bora but don't know when so I can book the excursions around it. Hope we bump into each other on the ship. My DH and I can't wait. Does anyone else know what the ship's schedule is or where I can find it?

Here are a few more thoughts to confuse you! June 25 will mark our 5th PG cruise and even though we have taken many others, this package is unbeatable.

You might consider the Lagoonarium on Bora Bora ... NOT the one on Tahiti. They boat you totally around the island and end up on a private motu. There, they have made "channels" in the water with chain link fencing. The channels are loaded with all types of sea creatures (sharks, rays, turtles, etc) and you drift amongst them. (Buy a cheap, disposable underwatrer camera.) Then there is time on the beach with a great view of Bora Bora, some fruit and ,usually, a funny lecture.

Motu Mahana is all day with constant shuttles back and forth. Please, don't miss it ... it is terrific! Two huge huts house the "restaurant" and the other is the bar. Don't want to walk to the bar?? Not to worry! They constantly cycle through all of you loungers asking for refills. Don't want to get out of that lovely water? Now to worry, either. There is a guy toting a floating bar for your pleasure.

The Bora Bora motu is the same, but, scaled down. Just an open bar with fruit. Upon request, they will pack you a box lunch, however, a constant shuttle allows you to come and go whenever you want. So, we go back for lunch, then return.

Hope this helps ... Bob & Ellen

Rebecca

Sorry to butt into your thread, but I am desperate for info on this ship!

As you can see we are used to travelling on the larger ships, but have an option on PG for 1st March. I am so pleased to see so many people enjoyed there trip. As we are travelling onwards to Australia, I want to limit my cruise packing, so can you please tell me how formal the ship is especially on Captains night and how casual you can be on other nights:confused:

First of all, no formal night at all, no need for jackets or ties. Or cocktail dresses, for that matter.

Just nice resort-wear. Long pants, no jeans in the evening for guys. Simple summer dresses or pant outfits for the ladies.

Motu Manaha--just look at your schedule to see what day it is, and book your excursions around it.

Bora Bora, as another poster said, is just a beach escape, not a party. Very pretty beach, lovely swimming, great view of Bora Bora.

Archived