Questions about the Gem if anyone can help

Mich1121

I am sailing on the Gem on March 22, 2008 and have a couple of questions:

Are there DVD players in each room or do the tv's have dvd capability if your brought one?

What are some prices for alcoholoc beverages? Beer, mixed drink etc.

Is there a charge to play Nintendo Wii?

How is the kiddie pool area and the kids club?? I enjoyed it on the Spirit and hope to on the Gem as well?

Also, any suggestions on show to attend and games would be helpful. I don't want to miss out on anything?

Are there DVD players in each room or do the tv's have dvd capability if your brought one? You stumped me on this one...I viewed all the rooms and I remember thier being a DVD in some of the Suites, I stayed in a Balcony room and dont remember seeing one. I will be on 1/5 and will check again.

We checked around $8 a drink. We got $150 in SBC on we figured we could have about 18 drinks / 2 people = 9 comp drinks each.

Is there a charge to play Nintendo Wii? We played for free it was really cool. Hubby is looking forward to this on our Jan 5 cruise.

Bowling was $5 for shoes and 1 string.

How is the kiddie pool area and the kids club?? I enjoyed it on the Spirit and hope to on the Gem as well? We dont have kids but it looked nice, we went in played some video games.

Also, any suggestions on show to attend and games would be helpful. I don't want to miss out on anything? Dont miss the Second City Improv they were great! The shows were good. Heard the magician was excellent.

Are there DVD players in each room or do the tv's have dvd capability if your brought one? You stumped me on this one...I viewed all the rooms and I remember thier being a DVD in some of the Suites, I stayed in a Balcony room and dont remember seeing one. I will be on 1/5 and will check again.

We checked around $8 a drink. We got $150 in SBC on we figured we could have about 18 drinks / 2 people = 9 comp drinks each.

Is there a charge to play Nintendo Wii? We played for free it was really cool. Hubby is looking forward to this on our Jan 5 cruise.

Bowling was $5 for shoes and 1 string.

How is the kiddie pool area and the kids club?? I enjoyed it on the Spirit and hope to on the Gem as well? We dont have kids but it looked nice, we went in played some video games.

Also, any suggestions on show to attend and games would be helpful. I don't want to miss out on anything? Dont miss the Second City Improv they were great! The shows were good. Heard the magician was excellent.

I am sailing on the Gem on March 22, 2008 and have a couple of questions:

Are there DVD players in each room or do the tv's have dvd capability if your brought one?

Is there a charge to play Nintendo Wii?

How is the kiddie pool area and the kids club?? I enjoyed it on the Spirit and hope to on the Gem as well?

Also, any suggestions on show to attend and games would be helpful. I don't want to miss out on anything?

We were on the Gem 12 day cruise out of Barcelona in November. To answer your questions:

1) There was no DVD player in our inside cabin. I've heard that suites & up have DVD players. Our TV was a 15" flat screen HD so it probably had DVD capability if we had brought one along.

2) Mixed drinks vary from $6 to 8; $6 if you just want a plain drink, no frills, no souvenir glass. DW had frozen margaritas & it cost us around $6.50. My Bass ale was around $5.50. There are drink specials daily for around $7 or so. Bear in mind the prices I'm quoting are without the 15% gratuity automatically added to your bar bill.

3) There was no charge to play Nintendo Wii in the Crystal Atrium. Knock yourself out. There IS a $5 per game charge for bowling in the Bliss Lounge which includes your shoe rental.

4) Our kids are old (TG!!) but we did have a look at the kids area up on deck 12 & it looked pretty spectacular. There's fully functional kids eating area in the garden cafe buffet with kid-sized tables & chairs. the Kids Club area itself looked really good. There's also a teenager night club & video games.

Your shows will probably be quite different so I cannot speak to that. Do NOT miss the Liars Club or The Quest. they are a hoot.

Have a great cruise, 'berger!! lol

Tom & Eileen

Archived