Hyatt Place 10th ave

JOHNXU84

We just returned from our Christmas cruise on NOS and I wanted to thank everyone especially Bequia for all of the hotel/dining info for our short stay in Lauderdale before and after our cruise.

Here is a brief review. We arrived Thursday the 20th and were picked up by the shuttle provided by the recently renovated Hyatt Place on 10th ave. This service worked perfect for our group of 15 and we all fit in one trip. The drivers were great. We stayed two nights and I must say that the Hyatt was perfect for us. It is not 100% finished but probably within a week or so it will be ready. It definitely when finished will be a very nice hotel. The rooms were spacious and the 42" flat screens were a added bonus. The continental was adequate especially since we were cruising and food intake was not going to be a problem. They have free internet service,outdoor pool , workout area and a laundry facility.

There are plenty of restaurants and stores within easy walking distance. After we got settled the kids walked to Taco Bell. The adults went to Outback which was very close were we had HORRIBLE service. I dont complain much but in this case we had to. The manager did not seem to be to concerned about this and did not even offer any apologies. Would not recommend this place. On friday we took the trolley which we picked up at The Harbour Shops(within walking distance) and took this to the strip were we hung out on the beach, had drinks at The Elbo Room and had lunch at Sloppy Joes(great view, great food and drinks especially the margarita bucket that we all drank from using straws.) The trolley system made it very easy for us to get to and from the beach plus it only costs .50. Friday night we ordered pizza for the Kids from Papa Johns which was delivered to the hotel. One of our group on Friday morning while picking up supplies for our cruise spied a local seafood restaurant that was behind Waxys and acrossed from the liquor store I think it was call the Seafood House. It looked like a dive but when we went in it obviously was a popular local hangout. We ate out on a deck overlooking the waterway very cool and the food was good. Saturday morning we had our group and luggage out front by 10:00. They do not have a sign up for saturday shuttle runs they just constantly run to and from the pier. We got to the pier by 11:00 and on the boat by 12:00. So far everything was running smooth. We enjoyed 5 days of perfect weather on our cruise. We returned back to port on the following Thursday morning went thru customs and imigration. That is a whole another story. Watch for my review on RCCL'S board for my cruise review.

This is now when my kudos goes out to the Hyatt for the services they provided us post cruise. We were picked up by their shuttle within miutes after we called them, they allowed us to use a courtesy room to store our luggage for the day because our flight did not leave until 8:00 that night.

This was a homerun. We hung out at the pool for the day which was a great way to wind down from the cruise. We were able to take showers if needed and check our emails. This made our departure day stress free.

To end our stay in Ft Lauderdale we had an early dinner at Grumpy Gators over at the Harbour Shoppes were we ate outside and had tremendous service and excellent food. I would definitely recommend this place to eat.

Afterwards we loaded up the shuttle and headed to the airport.

I must say that our family trip was definitely enhanced by our stay at the Hyatt Place and because of there location, services ,friendliness and helpfulness I will stay at Hyatt Place in the future. I will definitely give them a thumps up. Hope this info helps.

Johnxu84:)

Thanks so much for your review:) We're staying there two nights pre-cruise in February. We stayed at the Embassy Suites in September and I understand they are close together, can you tell me how far of a walk it is to the Publix and Total Wine which was behind the ES?

Also good to hear that the renovations are almost complete, and we will try to avoid the Outback:eek:

One other question, their website to me is a little confusing, when you check in is there someone at the front desk to check you in? It says something about a self-registration kiosk? Anyway thanks again, finally with Christmas over starting to get excited for this upcoming voyage, our second on HAL:)

yes you can walk to total wine (maybe 2 blocks or less....i think it is right behind the Embassy!) and yes, they have humans...i took a tour of another location...they showed me all the neat stuff you can do on your own, but the agent told me that they can check you in as well.....

the place looks just like the website....i would stay there but i got a room at the courtyard for less than half of the rate at the HP.....but there is one near me, so maybe i will be able to check it out in the future.

We just returned from our Christmas cruise on NOS and I wanted to thank everyone especially Bequia for all of the hotel/dining info for our short stay in Lauderdale before and after our cruise.

Here is a brief review. We arrived Thursday the 20th and were picked up by the shuttle provided by the recently renovated Hyatt Place on 10th ave. This service worked perfect for our group of 15 and we all fit in one trip. The drivers were great. We stayed two nights and I must say that the Hyatt was perfect for us. It is not 100% finished but probably within a week or so it will be ready. It definitely when finished will be a very nice hotel. The rooms were spacious and the 42" flat screens were a added bonus. The continental was adequate especially since we were cruising and food intake was not going to be a problem. They have free internet service,outdoor pool , workout area and a laundry facility.

There are plenty of restaurants and stores within easy walking distance. After we got settled the kids walked to Taco Bell. The adults went to Outback which was very close were we had HORRIBLE service. I dont complain much but in this case we had to. The manager did not seem to be to concerned about this and did not even offer any apologies. Would not recommend this place. On friday we took the trolley which we picked up at The Harbour Shops(within walking distance) and took this to the strip were we hung out on the beach, had drinks at The Elbo Room and had lunch at Sloppy Joes(great view, great food and drinks especially the margarita bucket that we all drank from using straws.) The trolley system made it very easy for us to get to and from the beach plus it only costs .50. Friday night we ordered pizza for the Kids from Papa Johns which was delivered to the hotel. One of our group on Friday morning while picking up supplies for our cruise spied a local seafood restaurant that was behind Waxys and acrossed from the liquor store I think it was call the Seafood House. It looked like a dive but when we went in it obviously was a popular local hangout. We ate out on a deck overlooking the waterway very cool and the food was good. Saturday morning we had our group and luggage out front by 10:00. They do not have a sign up for saturday shuttle runs they just constantly run to and from the pier. We got to the pier by 11:00 and on the boat by 12:00. So far everything was running smooth. We enjoyed 5 days of perfect weather on our cruise. We returned back to port on the following Thursday morning went thru customs and imigration. That is a whole another story. Watch for my review on RCCL'S board for my cruise review.

This is now when my kudos goes out to the Hyatt for the services they provided us post cruise. We were picked up by their shuttle within miutes after we called them, they allowed us to use a courtesy room to store our luggage for the day because our flight did not leave until 8:00 that night.

This was a homerun. We hung out at the pool for the day which was a great way to wind down from the cruise. We were able to take showers if needed and check our emails. This made our departure day stress free.

To end our stay in Ft Lauderdale we had an early dinner at Grumpy Gators over at the Harbour Shoppes were we ate outside and had tremendous service and excellent food. I would definitely recommend this place to eat.

Afterwards we loaded up the shuttle and headed to the airport.

I must say that our family trip was definitely enhanced by our stay at the Hyatt Place and because of there location, services ,friendliness and helpfulness I will stay at Hyatt Place in the future. I will definitely give them a thumps up. Hope this info helps.

Johnxu84:)

Thanks for that review! They finally got Amerisuites turned

into Hyatt Place? I remember reading over the last 2 years about it

and wondered if and when they were ever going to finish it.

Sounds great:). I love the location!!!!!

Thanks Meg, for the information!!! Looking forward to a few days there, wanted to stay at the ES but the price was a little too much for us this go round, got the Hyatt Place at a government rate and it's doable:) :) Seems like there is nothing that is cheap in FLL in February:eek:

How long did you have to wait for the shuttle to the hotel ? I assumed you used one of the phones at the airport.

Do I understand that they picked you up after the cruise, took you back to the hotel without any reservations, and let you leave your luggage there, use the pool, hang out, and then took you to the airport ??

Will be staying there 1/11. Have a late flight out after the cruise also....

thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived