Tiami Disappointment

geoherb

We were on the Emerald Princess's Christmas cruise. The excursion we did through Princess was our least favorite. There were way too many people on our catamaran. This was the cheaper excursion that just stops for snorkeling at the turtle site and then at a beach. The catamaran that was doing the more expensive excursion that included another snorkeling stop and lunch was not overcrowded.

Because of the Emerald's schedule, we couldn't book any of the independent trips. They all leave too early. There was one company I contacted that tried to encourage me to book with them--saying we could meet them at the dock at 9:30. Fortunately, I had better sense. We were not able to get off the ship until almost 10:00--and then there was a wait for a shuttle bus or the long walk to land. Our ship was docked as far away as possible it seemed.

TIAMI stands for, "This Is A Moving Investment"

They will pack them in once they come and once there

limits are inline with Coast Caurd regulations. They do push

a kind of party excursion. I have been on several of the Tiami boats and always had alot of fun but I know what to expect. Free grog:):)

Aplmac How yuh goin mon? Hope you had a good Christmas and all the best for the New Year

... but I know what to expect. Free grog:):)

Aplmac How yuh goin mon?

Hope you had a good Christmas and all the best for the New Year

Boy? de usual 'sufferin', nah! :)

Plenty ham an turkey, an de yutes an dem in de house!

At my age ah get chocolates and some USmoney fuh de cruise ah have coming up Jan.2nd. on Ocean Village Two - so ah cyan' complain.

In fact ah glad no ass, an ah counkin de days an dem!!:):)

Wife and I went Trinidad late Nov. and come back Dec. 5th.

Sweet too bad, yes?

All-yuh real rockin dong dey. Money fuh so!

and all de white lines in de road paint!

12 skyscrapers goin up in PoS and not one in Barbados

who so feel dey ha' someting goin on:D

Life is good, an ah still lookin to go live in Sweet Trinidad some day.

Check mih piktcha an dem on de CruiseCritic Photo Gallery.

Ah put some nice one dey lately

fuh de touris an dem to see Trinidad how nice

even though not many cruise ship doh pass thru allyuh.

check dis..

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/TRINIDAD/

Check mih Trini holiday below nah.

Ah gone. later up.

Happy New Year 2008!

BambooRaft3.jpg.2de1d4af9d0a8d24fd128b13a8234e4e.jpg

We were on the Emerald Princess's Christmas cruise. The excursion we did through Princess was our least favorite. There were way too many people on our catamaran. This was the cheaper excursion that just stops for snorkeling at the turtle site and then at a beach. The catamaran that was doing the more expensive excursion that included another snorkeling stop and lunch was not overcrowded.

Because of the Emerald's schedule, we couldn't book any of the independent trips. They all leave too early. There was one company I contacted that tried to encourage me to book with them--saying we could meet them at the dock at 9:30. Fortunately, I had better sense. We were not able to get off the ship until almost 10:00--and then there was a wait for a shuttle bus or the long walk to land. Our ship was docked as far away as possible it seemed.

Geoherb,

I am currently booked on this excursion (I believe it is the one that is aprox 60 pp, and is from 8:45-1:15?) It presents itself as the "shorter version" of the 5 star turtle snorkel and sail? What was the schedule on this? How long to sail to the turtles, how long snorkeling, and what beach do they drop you off at? What is the transportation home from the beach? I havent read much about this excursion, and I am considering cancelling based on what you posted. I am not as concerned about the number of people on the boat, more about the schedule.

Do you or anyone else have more details about this? I really want to see the turtles, but if this seems like a waste of 120 dollars for two people, I will do something different with my day on Barbados!

I guess I need more opinions on this particular excursion! Do any of the folk who live on Barbados know how this excursion runs?

Thanks!

Does anyone know how many people are on the Tiami? I found another company (El Tigre) but am still waiting to get some feedback from anyone who has done their trip. They take a maximum of 40 which is more than Silver Moon and Running Waters but those 2 were already both booked and full.

I'm on the smaller "ghetto" version of the sail to see turtles then beach. I'm wait listed on the better more expensive catamaran one.

Hoping that more people for crown princess sailing feb 9 wait list for this tour because maybe they'll sail another catamaran!!!

Anyone that can help give insight, I'm also really worried about this less good version tour

OK, I'm a little confused. I took the "more expensive" Tiami 5-1/2 hour Sea Turle Swim and Beach Stop (with more snorkling). The beach stop IS the more snokling. It's kind of a one or the other proposition, although I managed to get both in as we were stopped for over an hour. This is also when the serve lunch (a nice spread, mostly chicken and flying fish and all the fixins). This is also when the booze bar opens. Up until then they try hard to keep you happy with fruit and juice and soda and coffee, but no alcohol until after lunch.

The swim with the green turtles was, well, interesting. Of course, both Tiami boats plus 2 of the private boats pull up at the same place at the same time, so 120 people are in the water and I got some great shots of legs and fins. But I figured out to just follow the turtles as the glided away from the fracas and took some amazing shots.

When we anchored at the beach, I climbed down the ladder to lay on the beach for a while and then just put on my snorkle gear and swam out to the reef (not far). It was some great snorkling with lots of interesting and vibrant fish in large amounts (and we had just done BVI, St. Johns, Dominica & St. Maarten).

They did a slow ride back and pointed out some houses as I proceeded to get sloshed (hey, I gotta get back some of my investment), and it was a great ride. I didn't feel ripped off too much although it was pricey (I think we paid something like $100 a person) and there were people from the Noordam and the Galaxy on our cat.

I would give it a B+.

Patrick

Nice Pics Aplmac,

yuh cud wuk for D TT tourist Board. ===> Thanks! - a nice wuk, if yuh cud get it!

Have a great cruise and give us the scores when you get back.

Pics of the Ocean Village Two cruise to be seen at

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/aplmac/OCEAN%20VILLAGE%20Two/

Also look in the upper left column for sub-folders named

DOMINICA

MARQUEE Theatre

St. Kitts

The Ship

and click on those, for more photos!

Ocean Village is all right, let me tell you.

I'd go again..for sure.

Hey Aplmac, Welcome back. Happy New year.

Good to see you had a great time . I went to that fort

in St Kitts also. I believe we saw Saba island to the west from there. Drove around the island in about two hours. Spent most days at a beach bar on the eastern peninsular in a remote area. You could see Nevis across the channel.

Your face looks familiar, Most lilely passed you somewhere at some time.

Here are some of my pics from our Alaska cruise and old years with some friends at home.

http://community.webshots.com/user/goneclear

Hey aplmac,

I'm from Trinidad and I would like to thank you for those wonderful shots which highlight the many good aspects of my country. Kudos to you! I know not many cruiseline dock here because of the many negatives that they here of Trinidad. Right now we're in the middle of some major development of our capital and many surrounding areas, but there are still so much to do outside the capital that I'm quite sure many tourists would love it they're given the chance to do so......

I'll be cruising out of Puerto Rico aboard the Carnival Destiny leaving on Feb 2nd. I'll be in Barbados on 6th feb....tha's a Wed. Haven't decided what i wanted to do at Barbados yet. I really wanted to go to the Harrison Cave but I realised that it closed immediately after it's re-opening on the 2nd Jan of this year. :( I would like to go to a a beach.............was thinking of Rockley? What are your thoughts on this beach.

Any advice would be appreciated.........

Keep highlighting lovely Trinidad.....I'll also do my civic duty to do so also.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I wanted to post back on this link because I posted a week or so ago with concern regarding the Tiami snorkel with the turtles that was the "less expensive" version of the 5 star sail. We just got back, and this trip was fantastic, so no one should have any worries. My husband and I had a great time, we were offered non alcoholic beverages prior to snorkeling, and we spent about 1 hour with the turtles. After we got back on the boat, we were offered the rum punch. We sailed to the beach in front of the Sandy Lane resort (cheapest room is $3,000 a night, 5 night minimum- YIKES!) and swam there for about an hour. The tour concluded in the early afternoon. We had a great time, the boat never seemed crowded to us, (but we were not up on the "netting" at the front).

I had a bunch of questions before I left, so if anyone has any specific questions please feel free to post and I will try to respond!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived