My wife wants to change cruise ships after i've already payed in full??!!! HELP??!!!

JDubSC

I have problems with anxiety, but it's more agoraphobic (never want to leave the house). Vacations are very tough for me - I have a very tough time leaving the house.

One thing has really helped me ... Ativan. Xanax puts me to sleep, but Ativan really, really lessens the anxiety.

It's well worth it to see a doctor and get a prescription.

I don't like small airplanes either. It is funny, when I was a young girl, preteen, I would go up in gliders with my dad!:eek: I hate takeoffs! Once the plane levels off, I am fine, and landings don't bother me either. I have a friend that lives near Houston, and after twice driving 8 hours to see her, I have started flying to see her. It is just TOO nice to get there in an hour and 15 minutes vs. 8 hours!!:eek: I just tell myself that there are a lot of planes in the sky all over the world, and what are the odds that something is going to happen to MY plane? Flying is not something I enjoy doing, but I have at least learned to tolerate it. I must be getting better because we are signed up for another EFtour next June to London!!:D

In September, my wife and I traveled in Alaska, which included a land tour, some days on our own, and ended with a 14-night cruise on the Radiance. The residents of Alaska are dependent to a large extent on small float planes which communicate between the cities; in fact, it is sometimes said that because the road communication is so underdeveloped, one often learns to fly before learning to drive. Following our land tour, and just prior to flying to Vancouver to meet the Radiance, my wife and I flew by float plane to a lodge deep in the mountains near Anchorage. There, we spent the day bear watching, until we flew back to Anchorage. One of our shore excursions involved flying in a small plane, and another flying in a helicopter, including landing on a glacier. These trips were some of the highlights of our trip:) ; we would have missed so much had either or both of us had a fear of small aircraft.

One of our shore excursions involved flying in a small plane, and another flying in a helicopter, including landing on a glacier.

Your trip sounds wonderful, but I think at this point in my life, I would not be able to get into a small plane, and I have never been in a helicopter. Maybe I will do those things eventually, but for now, just getting on a large plane is good for me!:o :D

Your trip sounds wonderful, but I think at this point in my life, I would not be able to get into a small plane, and I have never been in a helicopter. Maybe I will do those things eventually, but for now, just getting on a large plane is good for me!:o :D

We may have been of these same feelings prior to our trip, but unfortunately we are constantly reminded that life is too short. :(

I have never flown with my three children. We are supposed to do so this fall (Los Angeles to NYC). The mere thought of my babies in a plane has lead to some anxiety (Flight is not booked yet, so it is not too bad). I joked with my DH that he will have to put me on a separate plane 'cause there will be no dealin' with me, LOL!:p

My g/f is afraid to fly (having never done so) and refuses to do it without her babies. I once tried to ask her about the logic of those feelings ... boy was that a stupid move.:o

To the OP ... I've gotten RCCL to switch ships after final payment without a change fee, but it took a little work. I called Crown and Anchor first with the request (different ship, same sail dates). Denied. Called again a few days later and said I wanted to make the change so I could upgrade from an inside to a balcony (more money) and it was done. I'm sure it depends on the person you get on the phone.

We may have been of these same feelings prior to our trip, but unfortunately we are constantly reminded that life is too short. :(

Life's even shorter for those who crash in those small airplanes and helicopters which seems to happen with some regularity. Certainly much less safe than an airliner.

I have never flown with my three children. We are supposed to do so this fall (Los Angeles to NYC). The mere thought of my babies in a plane has lead to some anxiety (Flight is not booked yet, so it is not too bad). I joked with my DH that he will have to put me on a separate plane 'cause there will be no dealin' with me, LOL!:p

That's probably a very good idea. It would be a shame to communicate your anxiety to your children. Flying alone with three children is likely to cause panic in your husband, however. ;)

I noticed you said Vicodan. Don't you mean Valium? Vicodan is a pain medication. Valium is to calm your nerves and help you relax. I would much rather take the latter for a plane flight! I also took it for an MRI. I can't stomach Vicodan, anyway...even if I was in pain! :)

Call Royal Caribbean and ask them. They might help you out, but it can't hurt to ask.

11 hours of driving to Miami, and then you have to secure your car for the duration of the cruise.

Tell the wife to get herself in gear and get on the plane to San Juan and stop being a PITA. I hate flying myself, but I do it anyway. Give her a few drinks, followed by a few Vicodin. It works for me. Before she knows it you will be landing in P.R.

Worse comes to worse..............take my wife. Drum roll............

I took the same cruise in 2006 aboard the Serenade. You will have a great time. Even spent a few extra days after the cruise in San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if the OP is going this weekend,,,,,,,after all their "hurdles" they have faced along the way..:confused:

Who knows??? The whole situation was a bit questionable and the whole thread is not unabridged. Then the OP started a short lived thread about taking something that he shouldn't, presumably to have a good time since he was now going by himself because it had been h..L around his house.

Who knows??? The whole situation was a bit questionable and the whole thread is not unabridged. Then the OP started a short lived thread about taking something that he shouldn't, presumably to have a good time since he was now going by himself because it had been h..L around his house.

REALLY?? I must have missed that........taking something he shouldnt?? and shes not going??Oh my imagination is going into overtime now........

Last I heard he had a errrrrrrrr:rolleyes: "medical condition"..:eek:

REALLY?? I must have missed that........taking something he shouldnt?? and shes not going??Oh my imagination is going into overtime now........

Last I heard he had a errrrrrrrr:rolleyes: "medical condition"..:eek:

Yep, you missed it. The thread had a VERY short run. We got powdery snow today.:p

h*e*m*o*r*r*h*o*i*d*s, according to the OP :D :eek: :D

Last I knew he went ballistic and dared me to print my picture. He insisted I was a giant of a person who stuffed whoppers in my mouth all day and night while posting on here. And, of course he was a health freak. :confused:

So, as I was posting my 117 lb, 5'4'' picture, I think it "snowed" and he was floated off to dream land.

I never quite figured out if he was a Martian. He definitely had his own little white cloud. ;)

EDIT:That is why I had this in my signature for a few days. I never pass up a dare. ;)

h*e*m*o*r*r*h*o*i*d*s, according to the OP
I had read that one,but I thought there was more I missed...........see the highlighted are above.......taking something he shouldn't? to have a good time??:confused:

Last I knew he went ballistic and dared me to print my picture. He insisted I was a giant of a person who stuffed whoppers in my mouth all day and night while posting on here. And, of course he was a health freak. :confused:

So, as I was posting my 117 lb, 5'4'' picture, I think it "snowed" and he was floated off to dream land.

I never quite figured out if he was a Martian. He definitely had his own little white cloud. ;)

EDIT:That is why I had this in my signature for a few days. I never pass up a dare. ;)

hahahahaha...........Wow,I really missed the good stuff.......

PS.what kind of Whoppers?? Burger King kind or the candy??:p :p

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I purchased the insurance does that make a difference?

and maybe she will just go so you dont loose the money. I use to be afraid of flying and one day I just did it cuz I knew you cant see the world if you travel by car or train. There are some afraid of flying threads in here. Search them and have her read them. It may help...Good luck.

No not for this reason, you would also be out the money you paid on insurance.

I was able to change my insurance coverage to a different date and ship at no additional cost. (Insurance not purchased thru cruiseline) Of course, it was before final payment on the original cruise.

I had read that one,but I thought there was more I missed...........see the highlighted are above.......taking something he shouldn't? to have a good time??:confused:

Alright Kathy......you obviously missed the clue so I'll post it again for you.;) :p :D Heck I'll even bold it for ya!:D

Yep, you missed it. The thread had a VERY short run. We got powdery snow today.:p

hahahahaha...........Wow,I really missed the good stuff.......

PS.what kind of Whoppers?? Burger King kind or the candy??:p

No idea, I never eat them.:D True story. Years ago in CI, you might remember the Jack in the Box by the train station. I pulled in to the drive in to get my kids hamburgers. I asked the "clown head" for x amount of Whoppers and it YELLED back at me that they do not sell whoppers. I was traumatized for life. :eek: The kids in the back seat had to finish the order. :o Never went in another drive in.

Back to this,

No, that was on this thread. Then a lot of us had all our posts pulled from this one and I could not get the picture on it. So I got it into my signature and others. I saw his light on one time after that day. :confused:

Archived