What's the name of that chemical ?

Aplmac

Many Thanks.

Is this what Carnival Cruises uses, in commercial quantities?

About 6 months ago, someone in here mentioned the actual chemical compound name for this magic spray that transforms 'smoking ashtray' cabins in Spring Fresh clean-air wonders.

Ocean Village cruises (a British offshoot of CCL)

doesn't seem to be aware of this wondrous technology

- that's why I need to know.

Many thanks to anyone who can help.

No-one has the name of that magic chemical??

I trawled thru the Search function using likely key words,

but nothing much came back..

I'm thinking that what you're searching for is Ozium. Here's the description:

Ozium air sanitizer is the best way to keep the air in your home or work space clean and smelling fresh. Ozium does not cover up the odors associated with sewer, pets, cooking and smoking - it eliminates them!

Ozium, the original air purifier, is a chemical agent that actually eliminates smoke and unpleasant odors and reduces airborne bacteria. Ozium actually cleanses the air through glycolized action. The Ozium glycolized formula acts directly on odor causing particles in the air. Ozium is distinguished from other products that simply mask odors. Ozium is an EPA registered air sanitizer and is safe to use residentially or commercially in homes, rental property, hospitals, nursing homes, hotels, veterinary clinics, restaurants, bars, laundry rooms, cars, mobile homes, offices, and just about anywhere there might be an odor problem.

Did that help?

I know what you are talking about but can't remember the name.... you may have to just jump on a Carnival ship and find out :) Ozium does work well, I always keep some handy at home... good luck though, perhaps someone will remember and help you out. I don't know if they make Ozium in commercial quantity, but I am 95% sure that isn't what they use.

No-one has the name of that magic chemical??

I trawled thru the Search function using likely key words,

but nothing much came back..

I remember the post where a CC member said that they worked for a chemical company and posted the exact name of the chemical that is in the products that eliminate the odor. After searching back to October 2004 and reading through tons of posts, I couldn't find it. :( I'm sure it's the same product that is in Ozium and the other sprays used to get rid of smells.

Wonder if that thread where he posted the name could have been poofed due to getting too volatile?

I know that smell you're talking about, it does get bad.

Along those same lines, does Carnival have smoking/non smoking rooms? It seems like they wouldn't let smokers stay in non-smokers cabins and stink them all up. Eventually they would all be smelly, since deodorizer only goes so far.

• 2 weeks later...
What's the name of that chemical used to eradicate tobacco and other smells, in cabins???

Ozium

Component CAS# OSHA PEL ACGIH TLV Other Limits % by wt

Isopropanol 67-63-0 400 ppm 400 ppm 500 ppm 45-55

ACGIH STEL

n-Butane 106-97-8 N.E. 800 ppm 800 ppm TWA 5-15

Non-hazardous components N/A N/A N/A N/A 5-15

Perfume Oils-Supplier Trade N/A N.E. N.E. <5

Secret

N.E.

Propane 74-98-6 1000 ppm N.E. 1000 ppm 15-25

TWA

Triethylene Glycol 112-27-6 N.E. N.E. N.E. <5

In the automotive section of Walmart with the detailing stuff and other odorizers.

I read about it on the boards here and now my DH always uses it in the bedroom during the winter to try and hide his smoking in there instead of going out into the cold.:rolleyes: It does work!

I picked up a can of this tonight at walmart.

it is great!!!

just the thing that I needed for the drive from Iowa to Texas for our next cruise.

my brother is a smoker and I am not. I wanted something to freshen the air in the car for the long drive.

From what I have seen and smelled, a little of it is all that is needed to clean up the air.

thanks for the great info.

Archived