Uh Oh.....I think I screwed up this time!

I too was surprised at Skyking's answer. I personally have gotten last minute insurance for myself as well as clients. It's not cheap with the pre-existing clause removed but that's not the issue. If a person needs/wants insurance even after final payment, they can get it.
I just did price comparisons on insuremytrip.com for a $5000 one week cruise starting on either January 2, 2008 or June 2, 2008. 25 of 28 package policy prices were the same, two were higher in June and one was lower.

Insuremytrip quoted without asking about final payment. To collect on a preexisting condition you would have to reconcile your insurance purchase date with your travel payment dates.

Yes, you can get insurance from your TA & others...just not once an event happens. For example, once a hurricane is announced/named/whatever...you are on your own if your trip was disrupted & you want to have help then. As far as seemingly healthy people that need emergency medical assistance (who does plan that?:eek: ), not many of our policies have coverage outside of the US & some are surprised by this. I just hope my insurance money is money that I've wasted.

Thanks for the input :)

Hi,

I have about 30 days to go for my paid in full cruise and I forgot to get insurance!! I have looked on that great site for travel insurance but nothing seems to tell me whether they cover me in this instance - short notice and paid in full. I don't want to purchase it and then find out - does anyone know if I can still buy insurance??

Hi luckyprincess,

It's true you get trip / travel / cruise insurance as late as the day before you leave on your trip.

However, if you are interested in covering any cancellations or delays due to bad weather you'll need to get a policy before any bad weather is in the forecast or else it won't be covered.

I suggest you go to www.google.com and search for " travel insurance bad weather ". You'll find some good information.

I hope this helps.

Archived