Help, Nachi is full

mipo777

I'm a little upset because they told me they had availability @ 1st & now they are saying that a private party booked & they are full. I am currently trying to insist that they taus but if they dont, I need a backup beach. We are looking for seclusion & a nice beach w/ umbrellas or papalas. Dont need snorkeling or hobie cats. Would really prefer All inclusive but good food at a decent price is good too. The less kids the better. Leaning towards Reef Club but thats really the only thing else Ive found. Ideas?

Perhaps you might consider contacting some of the AI resorts on the island. Occidental Grand, Occidental Allegro, and Iberostar all come to mind.

If you don't really have to have the AI thing, I'd consider Playa Palancar. It is unlikely to be crowded or have many (if any) kids. The food has been good for me.

I'm a little upset because they told me they had availability @ 1st & now they are saying that a private party booked & they are full. I am currently trying to insist that they taus but if they dont, I need a backup beach. We are looking for seclusion & a nice beach w/ umbrellas or papalas. Dont need snorkeling or hobie cats. Would really prefer All inclusive but good food at a decent price is good too. The less kids the better. Leaning towards Reef Club but thats really the only thing else Ive found. Ideas?

Have you checked out Playa Uvas?

I would suggest the Wyndham Resort (formerly the Reef Club). You can book an all-inclusive pass for $40 through Island Marketing (same place you book Nachi Cocum). They also restrict the number of day passes there so it won't be overly crowded. It's worth a shot! We are booked there for March, so hopefully it will be enjoyable.

I would suggest the Wyndham Resort (formerly the Reef Club). You can book an all-inclusive pass for $40 through Island Marketing (same place you book Nachi Cocum). They also restrict the number of day passes there so it won't be overly crowded. It's worth a shot! We are booked there for March, so hopefully it will be enjoyable.

Hopefully you are correct, but the mixed reviews I've read are encouraging. Choose your food carefully at the buffet.

Thanks for the info so far. I think I'm either leaning towards the Wyndham or Uvas. They both appear to have the same deal ($40) so I'm not sure which way to go yet. I'm still trying to see more photos of the Wyndham since the reviews I've seen on tripadvisor are wierd. Apparently there are different pools scattered throughout the complex & I;m not sure you get access to all of them. Anyone with a detailed look or reivew @ either, I'd love to see it. Thanks again for all the replys so far!

The former Reef Club is now a Wyndham, and the formerly mixed reviews were from its previous ownership. I have no doubt that under the Wyndham name that everything is great. We'll be heading there Thurs for an all inclusive week so I will post afterwards about it.

But for a cruise ship day, I second the notion of Playa Uvas. The perfect beach day, and a little closer to the cruise docks. They have many packages with all inclusive food and drink. The grounds were manicured and spotless. The freshwater pool was clean and no one was in it other than us! They have wonderful 'beach beds' which are heaven on earth. The staff are wondeful and greet you by name when you enter.

GREAT PLACE!

bruce-r, what do you mean by "choose your food carefully at the buffet"? That sounds kind of ominous.

People worry about getting the revenge in Mexico from the water. In Cozumel, all the water used in food prep, including the ice, is purified. The food at some buffets would be more of a worry for me. You don't know how old it is or what kind of environment it has been kept in before being brought out to sit in the table. Personally, I'd rather get to choose my food from a menu rather than eat at a buffet in Cozumel.

• 1 month later...

Nice pictures. This was from 9/07? Hearing extreme differences of opinions about uvas but your pics look great! My husband and I want a quiet time. We have 4 kids and are not bringing them with us and really want to enjoy each other and environment free of screams and misbehaved kids intruding on our time alone. What is your take on the quietness of uvas and it sounds as if it is really the closest beach to the port, is this true?

I would suggest the Occidental Grand. Gorgeous place. Breakfast in the restaurant was really good, lunch buffet by the beach was awful. Fill up on breakfast when you get there before you even go to the beach. It was beautiful, quiet and all inclusive. I think our day passes were 50pp. Pina coladas good, but beach service slow. There is a bar on the beach if you don't use beach service. Almost no kids and not at all crowded. Had several palapas on the beach. Had a quiet and regular pool which looked great but weren't being used. Maybe they were cold??? I enjoyed our day there.

They have wonderful 'beach beds' which are heaven on earth. The staff are wondeful and greet you by name when you enter.

GREAT PLACE!

Did you have to rent the beach beds? I saw some photos and they were all empty. What type of material are they made out of? Seems a little gross in a way. Do they seem clean?

Nice pictures. This was from 9/07? Hearing extreme differences of opinions about uvas but your pics look great! My husband and I want a quiet time. We have 4 kids and are not bringing them with us and really want to enjoy each other and environment free of screams and misbehaved kids intruding on our time alone. What is your take on the quietness of uvas and it sounds as if it is really the closest beach to the port, is this true?

I think you're asking about my photos. If not, sorry. Yes, they are from Sept of last year. We left the kids at home too. I know exactly where you are coming from. There were no kids there when we visited. Playa Uvas is not as kid friendly as some of the other beaches. They don't have water trampolines or jet ski rentals. The beach is a little rocky. I would describe it as quiet. If you just want to lay out and enjoy the view, eat, drink and relax, I think you will enjoy Playa Uvas. I think there are several beaches closest to the port. It took about 15 minutes to get there.

• 10 months later...
WE were very disappointed with Nachi last march. I was really looking forward to it too.:(

Pool was cold. Service was horrible!

We were there last March--had a fantastic time. Great service, pool was nice. It was better than we were expecting. But the weather was also great and there was no crowd.

We've been to Nachi twice now, going back in 19 days. Loved it. Food great, drinks great, service great. Pool is a bit cool in the winter. But once we were 4 of about 15 and the other 4 of about 30 people on site. Felt like our own beach resort.

We've been to Nachi twice now, going back in 19 days. Loved it. Food great, drinks great, service great. Pool is a bit cool in the winter. But once we were 4 of about 15 and the other 4 of about 30 people on site. Felt like our own beach resort.

Do you have any suggestions on what to order? I am going there in January and looking forward to being waited on. :D

Also, did you take part in any of their other activities offered like jet skiing, parasailing, snorkelling etc?

Archived