Bermuda Aquarium

maria1122

What is the best way to get from Kings Warf to the aquarium? 2 adults and one child. Time is not an issue. Thank you

I highly recommend that everyone get a 3-Day Transportation Pass (All Zones). or a 1-Day Pass if you are only in port for one day. This entitles your to unlimited travel on all the buses and ferries in Bermuda for three days and it is very easy and safe to get around this way. Check at the Visitors Service Bureau in or Transportation Center near where you will be at anchor/docked. Taxis can get quite expensive. The buses and ferries do not usually run later in the evening, though, so if you are out late you may need to take a taxi for the return trip. Children under 15 ride at a discounted rate. I am not sure if a taxi would work better, if you are all staying together, if taxis would be cheaper. http://www.bermuda.com/transportation/ferries/

http://www.ca.gov.bm/portal/server.p...=2&cached=true

You can check the route maps on line.

Thank you for your reply, I am aware of the transit in Bermuda. I was really asking for the best way to travel to the aquarium. I should have explained that walking is a problem for me. Last Aug. we took the ferry and then had to walk to the bus. For me it seemed like a very long walk uphill. Is there a bus at the dockyards that goes to the aquarium?

HOW TO GET TO BAMZ

BAMZ is located at 40 North Shore Road in Flatts Village, which is near the geographic centre of the Island, as you’ll see on our Bermuda map.

If you’re using Public Transportation:

From Dockyard (near King's Warf)

Take the #7 or #8 bus towards Hamilton.

From Hamilton or St. George's

Take either the #10 or #11 bus. The bus stops directly in front of our facility. For bus schedules and fares, call (441) 292-3851.

If you prefer the scenic route, take the ferry from Somerset/Royal Naval Dockyard to Hamilton and take a #10 or #11 bus to Flatts.

Group Tours

Several tour operators include BAMZ on their schedules. Check with your hotel’s front desk, cruise ship activities co-ordinator or one of Bermuda’s convenient Visitors Service Bureaus to discover how you can see BAMZ as part of a bus or boat tour.

Taxi

Every Bermuda Taxi Driver knows the way to our doorstep! Ask the driver to take you to “The Aquarium”. That’s how most Bermudians refer to BAMZ!

Visiting BAMZ by Moped:

From St. George's

Go west over the Causeway and take North Shore Road to Flatts.

From Hamilton

Follow Middle Road to Flatts Village.

Average Travel Times:

By Moped or Taxi

Allow about 15 minutes to get here from Hamilton or St. George's.

By Bus

Allow 20 minutes.

By ferry/bus from Somerset/Royal Naval Dockyard allow about an hour.

http://www.bamz.org/find_us.aspx

Archived