Orient Beach advice

aandb

Wow the beach was really uncrowded when we were there! I didn't realize until I saw everyone elses photos how busy it can get. We stayed right in front of the Kon Tiki area and had great drink service and the loungers weren't very much at all. We observed lots of nudity but we obviously don't mind it - otherwise we woun't have gone there! That beach is just gorgeous and I can't wait to go back in two weeks!!! :D

008_8_03.jpg

011_11_00.jpg

019_19_03.jpg

Thanks for all the great info on Orient Beach!! We will definitely take a cab and not the ship excursion. We were actually thinking of the St. Maarten Sensation? tour, but this is probably not a great idea. By the way, what is the best time to go to this beach? My daughters want to do the waverunner. Any info on this?

Thanks again for great advice!!!!!!!!

Best wings I have ever had were at a little restaurant but can't remember the name...

We rented a waverunner right by where we had our chairs. One of the longest times we had for I think 45.00. Not any more than that. After I rode for awhile they let my DH drop me off so he could go back out and go really fast. (I didnt want too!!)

This is the best beach!! You will have a great time, it is beautiful!!

Great info. The wife and I are looking forward to Orient Beach as part of our cruise on the Radiance in 2 weeks. I have not been able to find out what the ocean temperature should be at that time. Also looking for any recommendations regarding beach bars. At this point thinking either Bikini or Baywatch.

We were on Orient Beach in July during our Mariner cruise. It is a "not to miss" spot in my book. We camped out at The Pirate. We highly recommend this place. Great food and very accomodating for us. Just take the taxi and not the ship's tour. You will save a bunch of money.

OK Here is my question. how did you get a picture this big posted in CC. I can only get one about 4x5 to post. What is your secret.

Thanks

Dave

To be honest I'm not sure. I downloaded my original to Photobucket and then pasted it to my Cruise Critic response. I didn't think it would come out that big.

Instead of downloading your picture to CC as a small file (max. 19KB I believe on CC so they don't have to store large picture files), you place a link to your much larger photo file on Photobucket or any other photo sharing web sites. When a member opens a thread containing a link, they also connect and download the photobucket file photo thus see a larger picture. The larger the photo file you have linked to on the sharing site, one below was 52KB, the larger the photo appears on CC.

Here is a shot from the north end of Orient Beach.

Orient003.jpg

Here one that is 70KB

adventure11Large.jpg

Just looked at our pictures and we hung out at the Pirate then we walked down to pedros to eat. Wow, the wings were great there!!! The people at the Pirate took real good care of us. I walked behind the restaurants and there were little shops set up also. Walked around there and bought a few things. They were not busy so really bargained!!! Have fun everyone, still my favorite beach....

My son's ex-girlfriend lives at 17th and St. Georges.;)
`

I don't think he went out with my wife ;-)

I see you were just on the Vision. We're going Feb. 10. Nice to have the short flight to LA instead of the cross continent haul to Florida

[quote name='eetonaee']`

I see you were just on the Vision. We're going Feb. 10. Nice to have the short flight to LA instead of the cross continent haul to Florida[/quote]

I LOVE the Vision! I will sure miss her when she goes. I will be going again with critterchick in the fall. Look out Vision!:p

[quote name='eetonaee']`

I see you were just on the Vision. We're going Feb. 10. Nice to have the short flight to LA instead of the cross continent haul to Florida[/quote]

Plus, he is only 15. I would hope to h*** not!!!:eek:

[quote name='red knight']Carol, and Etonee nice to see 2 other North Van types here! Matter of fact, Carol, nice to see another Lynn Valley type here, I am in nosebleed country fairly far up on Hoskins.[/quote]

I see that we have the same birthdays.

Is there a way to exchange contact info so that we can have a meeting of the North Vancouver chapter of Cruise Critic?
Significant others invited too of course

This is a great thread! DH and I plan on going to Orient in a couple of weeks. We'd like to see some nudity....well, not really - but we both decided that we would give it a try for a few minutes. I've always wanted to run into the ocean with nothing on :) Hasn't anybody else? Where would be a good spot for that? After we can hang out anywhere on the beach but I don't want to be in an area where people are going to be like "omg" and we get arrested or something.

The area where people who wish to swim and lounge in the nude is to your right as you arrive by car or taxi. You will feel very comfortable there.

If you want to eat or drink I suggest you put something on and walk to the area to the left of the main entrance. I don't think you will get arrested anywhere but you will stand out in the eating and drinking area.

Archived