Cowboy hat

jbjarko

I've never seen one, but heck - wear whatever you want. It's your vacation!! :D You see a bit of everything whenever a big group of the public gets together. I wear whatever is comfortable for me and I enjoy. That's the point of the cruise - to relax and enjoy yourself. Go for it.

Since i am more or less a cowboy, would it be better if I left the hat at home? I dunno, I'm gonna miss it, and don't know how often i would wear it on a cruise. See em much?

Thx

Josh

One cruise out of Galveston I saw more than one guy wearing a western suit, cowboy boots, bolo tie, and cowboy hat - and that was on Formal night! The whole outfit looked good.

Here in Texas there are plenty of folk who wear cowboy hats as part of their "dress-up" clothes. We don't really see them on cruises much - I don't think salt spray would do good things to a Stetson. Our Emerald Princess cruise had several bands that played country/western - so dancing with your lady wearing a cowboy hat would work well for two-steppin'. She might even let you wear it too!

I would say a cowboy hat is pretty much perfect for shore excursions! It will provide shade which is much needed sometimes.

But as far as aboard ship, I don't know where you would wear it much. You certainly won't wear it inside, will you? And POSITIVELY not at the dinner table, please tell me! So what does that leave? I don't know how it would look around the pool.;)

Have a GREAT cruise!

Since i am more or less a cowboy, would it be better if I left the hat at home? I dunno, I'm gonna miss it, and don't know how often i would wear it on a cruise. See em much?

Thx

Josh

I would much rather see you in your cowboy hat than the guy on my last cruise to Alaska....who was wearing a pair of overalls. But they were clean:rolleyes:

i think it would look nice, but please remember to remove when watching the shows so that the people behind can see. Same goes to anyone who is wearing a big, obstructing hat. Now if only we could do something about the big hair syndrome that blocks views.

Hello,

Wear your cowboy hat anywhere you want to on the ship, even on formal night. On formal night though you should have a jacket and a tie as well as your cowboy boots and a pair of pants.

On a cruise to Alaska this summer I met a real cowboy who did not go anywhere on the ship or off the ship without his hat...he was a very nice person and I enjoyed talking with him about Montana and ranching.

Hope that this helps.

Fred

only if you share your cabin with your horse. Otherwise your will look like the back part of the horse.

Awe come on that wasn't nice.:eek: He should wear the cowboy hat if that is what he is used to. Give him SOME credit !!!!! I'm sure there are places in Arizona that the hat comes off. We have been on cruises where the men have on Kilts. We didn't think of them as wearing a "skirt". Customs vary greatly around the U.S. and other countries as well. So go for the hat if you want. It's your vacation as too .;)

My DH LOVES his cowboy hat and brought it with him on one cruise. After that, he decided it was to much effort, for the following reasons:

While on deck, it would blow off.

His good manners dictated that he not wear it while indoors.

On excursions, he was concerned that it would be damaged.

Considering all of the above, he did not wear it very much. If you would feel naked without your hat, invest in an inexpensive one, so that you won't mind if it gets damaged or lost.

The problem with hats of any type is that men forget to take them off in the dining room and in the shows. We had a little guy-and I mean he was 5' 5"-wearing a cowboy hat bigger than he and there were plenty of negative comments from the rest of his table mates. He was also seen in the theater with his stupid hat blocking the view of those behind him.

Thx

Josh

Yes, I have seen them on cruises! I also see 'cowboy' type formal wear, to include the 10 gallon hat!

Of course, the 'straw' type is also seen in some tropical climate ports of call.

My problem with them is what do you do with them on an aircraft, in shipboard dinning rooms, the shows on board, etc. Storage could be a problem for such a large hat. :D

I doubt that you would be very popular if you decided to wear them in these circumstances. :eek:

Archived