Nile River Cruise

lrmorris

I believe the Philae is a sister ship. We did a trip with www.maupintour.com a couple of years ago. A truly wonderful trip and there were only 7 for our 16 day tour. What was nice about the Oberoi boat is the fact that you don't have to dock tied to other cruise boats and walk through them to shore. So, maybe Oberoi does have their own dock. I really enjoyed the longer length cruise.

We did a Nile River cruise with Uniworld that ended on Nov. 17,2007. You can find my review of that trip by using the search facilities on this forum. We had a wonderful trip, and Egypt is a truly breathtaking experience! Let me know if you have questions that I can help with. Also, I have photos at Kodak Gallery. If you would like to see them, send me your email to this address:

pjppaula@comcast.net

Hello...

Yes, Oberoi does have their own docks...a real plus.

The Zahra is not really a sister ship to the Oberoi Philae (which is an amazing ship on it's own...all done in period decor...think Agatha Christie).

If you go to the Oberoi site, you'll see the new Zahra...ultra luxurious, modern rather than period furniture, BUT, the downside for me is that only the two suites have balconies. I wouldn't do a Nile cruise without a balcony as I love the open air and sitting out at night. If a window will do and you like modern luxury, the Zahra will be an excellent choice.

Happy sailing!

murphysmum;)

Hi,

We leave on the 7th of January for our Nile cruise with Amadeus Waterways. Will let you know when we return (the 22nd) - can only expect that it will be spectacular!

Please do let us know about your Amadeus Nile cruise. We will be doing it in September and have been anxious to hear from folks who have done it.

Archived