Rome hotel pre cruise

Donna,

I knew as soon as I saw 4 * hotel, that this would not be a moderately priced hotel, and for October they want almost $400 per night. The hotel does look lovely, but that's a lot of money too! Glad you enjoyed your stay there. It's a lot more than I'm willing to pay to visit Rome. Fortunately there are probably over 1000 hotels, B&Bs in Rome for all of us to choose from and end up with something we can live with and enjoy.

I just checked the Britannia for our cousins who will be there in high season in early July and found a rate of 175 Euros per night on the http://www.hotelbritannia.it/en/index.htm web site. That's a heck of a deal for a 4-star in Rome. As I've said before in response to your numerous posts complaining about prices and expenses visiting Europe, it's expensive to travel there, so you have the choice to stay home or to stop complaining and make the best of it. As for us, we choose to keep traveling there and are thankful that we can deal with the high prices while staying in nice places that we enjoy.

Donna

I just checked the Britannia for our cousins who will be there in high season in early July and found a rate of 175 Euros per night on the http://www.hotelbritannia.it/en/index.htm web site. That's a heck of a deal for a 4-star in Rome. As I've said before in response to your numerous posts complaining about prices and expenses visiting Europe, it's expensive to travel there, so you have the choice to stay home or to stop complaining and make the best of it. As for us, we choose to keep traveling there and are thankful that we can deal with the high prices while staying in nice places that we enjoy.

Donna

Donna,

Yes we differ greatly in what we are willing to pay.

I'm still going on the trip even with the high costs, as we fear this will be my friends last trip to Europe. She will be 79, her passport expires in '09 and she doesn't plan to renew it, as she doesn't feel her age and health will allow anymore big trips. However, we do still plan to budget as best we can. We don't stay in Hiltons, Sheratons or Marriotts here in the States and we certainly aren't going to pay $300+++ for hotels in Europe.

We can enjoy 2 ** hotels at a much more modest $113 per night as much as we can 4 **** hotels at $400 per night.

And again, we disagree. If I'm paying for the trip, I can certainly complain about the high costs. I have to pay for gasoline here at $3.19 per gallon and you can bet I'm complaining plenty about the high costs of gasoline.

I'm glad you can afford to travel and stay in places you want to stay in. Unfortunately, not everyone is so blessed. My friend lives on $1100 per month. I'm trying to cover as much of the expense as I can, or she wouldn't even be able to go at all. But if she finds out what I'm really paying for things, she will have a fit.

And as I have stated before, there are many different hotels, cruises, airlines, so that everyone can make their own choices as to what they are happy with at a cost for their budget.

I hope you continue to have happy travels.

Agabbymama,

I like the looks of this place, we will be going in late June. Do you remember if this hotel has air conditoning in the rooms. We are looking for three main things, cleanliness, private bathrooms, and air in the rooms. That is as frilly as we need it.

As I've said before in response to your numerous posts complaining about prices and expenses visiting Europe, it's expensive to travel there, so you have the choice to stay home or to stop complaining and make the best of it. As for us, we choose to keep traveling there and are thankful that we can deal with the high prices while staying in nice places that we enjoy.

Donna

I completely agree.

Agabbymama: There is a difference between 1) responding to a thread by providing a cheaper alternative and 2) responding to every recommended hotel that is out of your price range with a comment and a vent about the cost.

I think it's great that you've done your research and found a reasonably priced place to stay in your range. But there's no call for constantly reporting back on the *high* prices for hotels posted by others. Let the person asking the question determine for him/herself what is affordable.

Agabbymama,

I like the looks of this place, we will be going in late June. Do you remember if this hotel has air conditoning in the rooms. We are looking for three main things, cleanliness, private bathrooms, and air in the rooms. That is as frilly as we need it.

The website doesn't say whether they have air conditioning or not. As I will be there in October, I didn't even think to ask. I did ask if the have an elevator and private bathrooms, and they do. You might email them and ask if they have a/c, they were really friendly when I emailed them with my questions.

info@domusaurelia.com <info@domusaurelia.com>

Good luck and have a great trip!

Archived