My boyfriend is hoping we'll see the season premier of Lost....

Hi,

So, apparently, Lost, a show we're both addicted to, will be premiering while we are aboard. We don't have a dvr, so are wondering - do regular channels come into a cruise ship or is it just closed circuit? I don't know if they have satellite or what? If not, we'll get a friend to do it....

Thanks!

Hi,

So, apparently, Lost, a show we're both addicted to, will be premiering while we are aboard. We don't have a dvr, so are wondering - do regular channels come into a cruise ship or is it just closed circuit? I don't know if they have satellite or what? If not, we'll get a friend to do it....

Thanks!

Do you have a VCR (you know, one of those archaic type things from the eighties)? :o I have 2 combo DVD/VCRs as I tape everything I watch. No one actually lets me watch a show when it is on, so I have to.

I am sure you can find someone to tape it for you. But I guess you would need a VCR to watch it, lol!

Hi,

Thanks!

Ohhh..don't worry about it. I can guarantee you that you will miss it while on the ship. But you can DVR it, tape it or, if all fails, go to abc.com and watch it. It is usually up the same day it aired. Awsome quality. And its free.

;)

Ohhh..don't worry about it. I can guarantee you that you will miss it while on the ship. But you can DVR it, tape it or, if all fails, go to abc.com and watch it. It is usually up the same day it aired. Awsome quality. And its free.

;)

Only viewers living in the US can watch the shows. *sigh* Dinged again.:(

;)

It may be available on iTunes as well - but I've also watched many shows online and except for the commercials you can't get out of it isn't bad.

I love my DVR though, and my slingbox :)

It may be available on iTunes as well - but I've also watched many shows online and except for the commercials you can't get out of it isn't bad.

I love my DVR though, and my slingbox :)

Good Luck to the Lost Fans. I am also a fan and have watched on ABC.com and it is not bad.

My advice. They do have satellite on board and they regularly have satellite coverage of football and other sporting events in the bars. Make friends with the Cruise Driector right away and then beg for a satellite channel to watch it on. I am sure there will be other LOST Fans on board.

Never tried this, but it might be worth the try. Anyone else ever tried this.

Good Luck

Dave

I feel your pain! I will get to see the premier on the 31st but what a tease because I will be sailing the following week! The easy part is figuring out where you can see it, lots of good answers here for that. The hard part is getting your friends/family/fellow addicts not to tell you what happened on the show while you were gone! I was on vaca last season and missed ONE SHOW and everyone was all talking about it and I totally knew what happened on the ep I missed before I even got to watch it! Sort of anticlimactic watching it after :(

I'm gonna see if anyone else sailing with me is a fan and if so I plan to use Cincy-David's suggestion.

Only viewers living in the US can watch the shows. *sigh* Dinged again.:(

or cruisers on carnival :eek: Carnival picks up denver stations, so you get abc, nbc and cbs.

Too bad rccl doesn't pick up a satellite for inroom tv.

We have a dvr system and do record certain shows for when we are away but sometimes we just feel like watching our favorite shows. And carnival does offer the ability to do so. I always wondered why rccl didn't.

Archived