New to Princess...I have questions!

Euphemus

Thanks in advance for any advice or information you can supply...I'll be sailing on the Dawn Princess on March 9th and I have some questions about Princess particulars...

1) The Ultimate Balcony Dinner is listed almost everywhere as costing a "nominal fee." Does anyone know how much the ambiguous "nominal fee" is? Is there a Balcony Breakfast option (and fee?)

2) Does anyone know if the Chef's Table Experience will be available on the Dawn by then?

(Can you tell we are foodies?) :D

3) Other than the Holiday Inn at the port in San Diego, are there other hotels that you know of that a) provide transport to and from the airport and the pier and b) have a view of the harbor?

4) Anything else I should know about the Dawn?

We're excited to try Princess...after all the snow we're getting in the Northeast, we're going to need a warm getaway in March!

ORV: The Dawn leaves from San Diego

E:

Ultimate Balcony Dining is $100/couple

Ultimate Breakfast is $27/couple

I doubt the Chef's Table will be on the Dawn by March, but I don't know.

Go to the West Coast departure page on CC and you'll learn alot about hotels.

We spent 3 weeks on the Dawn in November and love her....I'm sure you will too!!

ORV: The Dawn leaves from San Diego

E:

Ultimate Balcony Dining is $100/couple

Ultimate Breakfast is $27/couple

I doubt the Chef's Table will be on the Dawn by March, but I don't know.

Go to the West Coast departure page on CC and you'll learn alot about hotels.

We spent 3 weeks on the Dawn in November and love her....I'm sure you will too!!

I think it's time for bed, duh, I knew that. I'm on the Golden out of LA.

San Diego is a great place, go a day or 2 early if you have a chance and enjoy it.

The Dawn is a fabulous ship' date=' you will have a wonderful time.

Make sure you take your time exploring the ship. Swim in all the pools, eat in all the dining areas, including the pizza in the atrium.[/quote']

...on the first day,right after boarding ...;)

You have to try the pizza! It is wonderful.....they have other things beside the pizza too. Sometimes we just wanted to stay casual but didn't want buffet so we ate the pizza several times. Its the best I have had on a ship. Enjoy!

Comment on the hotel question. The airport and cruise pier are very, very close by, closer than in Ft.Lauderdale. We stay at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina on Harbor Island Drive, which has a shuttle from the airport, and the cab ride to the pier is really a short. You can see the cruise pier from the balcony of the club rooms in the hotel.

The room prices are pretty high, but if you have any membership association, you may be able to reduce the rack rate between 33 and 50%.

There are a number of other properties very near the cruise port - if you check one of the travel websites for San Diego hotels they do show map locations.

Thanks in advance for any advice or information you can supply...I'll be sailing on the Dawn Princess on March 9th and I have some questions about Princess particulars...

1) The Ultimate Balcony Dinner is listed almost everywhere as costing a "nominal fee." Does anyone know how much the ambiguous "nominal fee" is? Is there a Balcony Breakfast option (and fee?) $100 per couple.

2) Does anyone know if the Chef's Table Experience will be available on the Dawn by then? They just announced that it will be going fleet wide but Im not sure if it will be on the Dawn by March.

3) Other than the Holiday Inn at the port in San Diego, are there other hotels that you know of that a) provide transport to and from the airport and the pier and b) have a view of the harbor? I am goint to be on the Dawn on 1/13/08. This will be my second time and I cant wait!!! I will be staying at the DOUBLETREE MISSION VALLEY for 2 nights pre cruise. they have a free shuttle to and from the airport and they also will take you to the pier. they also give you nice warm chocolate chip cookies when you check in! DW likes that part.

4) Anything else I should know about the Dawn? check out the oasis spa hot tubs. In my experience they are NEVER PACKED and always nice and HOT. make it a daily habbit to go to Lascalla's Pizzaria. great pizza made to order as well as other italian dishes.

We're excited to try Princess...after all the snow we're getting in the Northeast, we're going to need a warm getaway in March!

Enjoy!

1) The Ultimate Balcony Dinner is listed almost everywhere as costing a "nominal fee." Does anyone know how much the ambiguous "nominal fee" is? Is there a Balcony Breakfast option (and fee?) You will have to have a Mini or Full Suite to take advantage of this.

2) Does anyone know if the Chef's Table Experience will be available on the Dawn by then?

3) Other than the Holiday Inn at the port in San Diego, are there other hotels that you know of that a) provide transport to and from the airport and the pier and b) have a view of the harbor? We stayed at the Embassy Suites (4 Blocks from the Ship), the shuttle picked us up from the Airport and dropped us off at the Dawn Princess on cruise day for free (Tips). We also walked to, and from Ruth's Chris Steakhouse for dinner the night before the cruise.

4) Anything else I should know about the Dawn? Enjoy, Enjoy.

Enjou San Diego.

Don't have to have a mini or suite to do the UBD, although a tight fit any balcony will do on the Grand Class and Coral/Island. :)

This person is sailing on the Dawn, the outside balconies on the Dawn are way too small.

Archived