Internet Charges on the Glory

ToddWelch

Does anyone know the current internet package costs for the Glory. We are on her in a week or so and I just wondered what the options and costs were like to use the internet cafe on the ship.

Does anyone have any good advice on making LD calls back to Canada from the Bahamas, Belize or Cozumel? Use youcell phone from the dock or use a local source?

Thanks

Todd

Internet Café Price List :

To utilize the internet service, the below options are available. Please note that the internet pricing options are identical, whether an Internet Café terminal is utilized, or a laptop. All internet access charges will be billed directly to the guest's onboard “Sail & Sign” Account:

An initial one-time Activation Fee of $3.95 applies to each user.

A basic time charge of $0.75 per minute (“Pay-As-You-Go”) is available. Minutes are rounded to the next full minute.

Discounted “Time Plans” offer guests the opportunity to enjoy a lower per-minute rate. These Time Plans do not have to be used in a single session and can be used anytime throughout the cruise until debarkation; No refund for unused minutes; Upgrading selected pricing option is not available. Plans are subject to change.

Cruises 6 days in length and longer:

100 minutes for $55.00 ($0.55 per minute)

250 minutes for $100.00 ($0.40 per minute)

Cruises less than 6 days in length:

30 minutes for $16.50 ($0.55 per minute)

60 minutes for $24.00 ($0.40 per minute)

To rent a Wireless Radio Card for a guest's personal laptop, the rate is $10.00 per day; Optional insurance is $3.00 per day. This allows guests to connect their laptops to the ship’s wireless signal and is in addition to the internet price plans.

A limited number of laptops are available for rent with a Time Plan purchase; optional insurance is $10.00 per day.

The last time we were on The Glory they ran a special on Embarkation day for 50% of internet time IF you bought it on the first day. I didn't do it and then could have SHOT myself for NOT doing it. I WILL do it this time if they offer it when we board next week.

I think the easiest way to keep in contact with our kids is by email. They emailed us a couple of times/day and I just set aside about 15 minutes/day to reply to their emails and find out all that was going on. I did have service on my cell phone in Cozumel though and used it to call home from The Navigator last March. I did not notice any outrageouly expensive charges on the bill.

Hope that helps

Cyndi

This may be a dumb question, but what if you texted each other. That wouldn't create roaming charges, right ? You may be able to tell that I don't use the text option on my cell phone very much. I just realized this thread is really about internet access. I read through it really quickly.

The last time we were on The Glory they ran a special on Embarkation day for 50% of internet time IF you bought it on the first day. I didn't do it and then could have SHOT myself for NOT doing it. I WILL do it this time if they offer it when we board next week.

I think the easiest way to keep in contact with our kids is by email. They emailed us a couple of times/day and I just set aside about 15 minutes/day to reply to their emails and find out all that was going on. I did have service on my cell phone in Cozumel though and used it to call home from The Navigator last March. I did not notice any outrageouly expensive charges on the bill.

Hope that helps

Cyndi

I have to remember and look for this in June - that would be a great savings for us! We don't need much but an occasional lifeline for our teenagers and me to work to make sure all is copacetic at a cheaper rate would be great! :)

This may be a dumb question, but what if you texted each other. That wouldn't create roaming charges, right ? You may be able to tell that I don't use the text option on my cell phone very much. I just realized this thread is really about internet access. I read through it really quickly.

They would be roaming if they even worked (Verizon recently didn't work for me in Western caribbean on the RCCL Liberty of the seas) as roaming doesn't mean if you are near the person you are texting but where you both are in your overall network :) Likely though I have heard texting isn't hugely expensive if done in moderation (do not count on your unlimited plan to be unlimited in this case if you have one) and available.

Does anyone know if you buy one of those wireless access anywhere it is available cards from verizon for the laptop, do you still have to get the wireless radio card on the ship and pay for the minutes also. Can you use your own card if you have one and they have access and just buy the minutes. Thanks in advance. We'll be on the Glory in April.

Archived