Cruise Director List 2008

MrPete

Is it true you can email your Cruise Director? I would like to email the one for the Pride, but the Carnival call center was not helpful.

Unfortunately, emailing a CD would create a logistical nightmare. Can you imagine 2,000+ passengers a week for 52 weeks that just want to say HI? :D

Any updates to the list? Is Wee Jimmy the current CD on the Conquest?

Ralph (Wee Jimmy) is the cd on the conquest now but he must have gotten a make over because I can count on one hand how many times he said wee jimmy so he is just ralph and he was quite funny and he was around all the time he also has a great staff working with him his Assistasnt cd Hennie then Jamie,Chicken Little,and Izzy.Ralph took about 45 min to have a q&a session with all of us and answerd any questions that we had and for the ones that wanted when it was over he stayed in the back of the room for about 20 more min till everyone was out of questions so Ralph tried to do everything he could for everyone on the ship the whole week

I apologize for using another CC member's review / description of him (cannot find the name of the member) on a recent Glory cruise, but it tells you like it is.......(I sent this to him before he left for vacation and he was VERY pleased to read this)!

"The cruise director, Wee Jimmy, was pretty darn good! His schtick is amusing and he is able to deliver lines you know he must use every week with genuineness and candor. I noted that both old and young liked him, and that's a large span of individual taste to appeal to, so I was quite impressed. The long and boring 'debarkation talk' on the day before leaving the ship was actually enjoyable and felt like I was watching a comedy show, while hearing all the important 'stuff'."

Hope you enjoy your cruise with him on the Conquest.........

We had Wee Jimmy as our CD on the Glory in April ’07. I really enjoyed him a lot. He has this beautiful Scottish accent that I found to be very soothing, especially first thing in the morning over the loud speaker. I never found him to be loud or obnoxious, but at the same time he was never boring either. He just seems like a genuinely NICE guy. Someone who likes to have a good time, and wants others too as well. He ends every announcement with a ‘Weeee!!!!” It’s sounds like it would be annoying, but I found it to be fun and kind of cute. I have to agree with the above review. He always seemed very genuine while speaking and he does make the debarkation talk entertaining!

Does any one know any thing about Shawn Bussey and will he be on for Easter March 21 . Thank for your help

We had her for 12 days going Vancouver to Hawaii in 2006 & I really enjoyed her. Talented in the shows, informative, friendly, personable & outgoing BUT not in your face.

She told us of a place to park our rental overnight in Honolulu. The crew used it on past cruises.

THEN ask about the honeymoon couple with all the luggage & Tow Jams towing service.

el tigre

I was on the Miracle in March and Lenny Halliday was the CD. I guess he was okay, I didn't really see him much, I thought the Asst. CD was great (I wish I could remember his name). He was very funny and really kept the crowd entertained during the activities.

• 3 weeks later...
I was on the Miracle in March and Lenny Halliday was the CD. I guess he was okay, I didn't really see him much, I thought the Asst. CD was great (I wish I could remember his name). He was very funny and really kept the crowd entertained during the activities.

We just got off the Miracle and the CD is Brent Mitchell. He was okay, but we didn't see much of him except at the shows and talks in the lounge.

The Asst. CD is Josh, also known as Big Sexy. He was absolutely great. I'm thinking that he was the one you referred to from your March cruise. I hope he gets promoted to CD soon. He deserves it.

The Miracle came out in early 2004 in Jax and I think Todd Whittmar was the orginical cruise director. However, the end of March we sailed on her(still out of Jax) and we had another guy - bald, personable, especially good w/ memory games. Does anyone know who that was?:) :)

We just had Matt Ross on the Triumph. Others have posted here that they liked him, but I found him to be nothing special. His jokes were predictable, but I guess that's the norm. I'm still trying to figure out what cartoon character his voice reminds me of. It's something of a cross between Cartman and Woody Woodpecker.

I noticed on this list that I didn't see any "female" names. Now, I'm not trying to start something, and it doesn't really matter to me...just curious as to why there isn't one. I don't need a female in the white house, and I don't need a female cruise director...just wondered.

I noticed on this list that I didn't see any "female" names. Now, I'm not trying to start something, and it doesn't really matter to me...just curious as to why there isn't one. I don't need a female in the white house, and I don't need a female cruise director...just wondered.

Risa Barnes - great

Shawn Bussey - great

Tina Noble - never sailed with her

And some more I am sure I have missed...but yes, they are there!! ;)

We just got off the Miracle and the CD is Brent Mitchell. He was okay, but we didn't see much of him except at the shows and talks in the lounge.

The Asst. CD is Josh, also known as Big Sexy. He was absolutely great. I'm thinking that he was the one you referred to from your March cruise. I hope he gets promoted to CD soon. He deserves it.

~

We sailed Miracle September 08 and Lenny Halliday was there then but we did NOT care for him .. we barely saw him and when we did, quite frankly he was drunk !!! Big Sexy was the assistant and we LOVED him and Pee Wee very much .. they genuinely tried to be sure that everyone's needs were met. They would always take the time to answer questions, and give out little tid bits of information. We hope they are there this September

~

We sailed Miracle September 08 and Lenny Halliday was there then but we did NOT care for him .. we barely saw him and when we did, quite frankly he was drunk !!! Big Sexy was the assistant and we LOVED him and Pee Wee very much .. they genuinely tried to be sure that everyone's needs were met. They would always take the time to answer questions, and give out little tid bits of information. We hope they are there this September

Sounds like Lenny wasn't the only one hitting the bottle...since this is only JUNE!! :D

Seriously, we have never sailed with him, but I have not heard a lot of positives.

Hope your Miracle cruise in Sept is MUCH better!!

~

I'm not sure who Pee Wee is. Big Sexy had 3 women assistants. Samantha (Sam), Amanda (Archie) and Theresa (Lulu.) I'm not sure how Archie and Lulu got their nicknames. All four of them were wonderful.

We were told that Big Sexy was going to be acting CD in July when Brent went on vacation. I'm not sure what is happening after that.

Sounds like Lenny wasn't the only one hitting the bottle...since this is only JUNE!! :D

Seriously, we have never sailed with him, but I have not heard a lot of positives.

Hope your Miracle cruise in Sept is MUCH better!!

~

Ooops my bad.. we sailed Miracle September 07 and will again THIS September.. geez tough group

• 4 weeks later...

Tory Secoy is also female. She was on the Miracle in March of 2007.

I'm not sure who Pee Wee is. Big Sexy had 3 women assistants. Samantha (Sam), Amanda (Archie) and Theresa (Lulu.) I'm not sure how Archie and Lulu got their nicknames. All four of them were wonderful.

We were told that Big Sexy was going to be acting CD in July when Brent went on vacation. I'm not sure what is happening after that.

Who is the CD now on the miracle and how often do they change?

Josh (Big Sexy) is a great guy! I believe he is currently CD on the Miracle, but not sure where he is going next.

Any chance there is a list that contains October sailings out there?

I just got off the inaugural sailing of the Splendor where I had hoped to talk to John about who would be the CD for the Legend in Oct. but we never saw him unless he was on the tv or the stage. I guess his blog thingy is overtaking his time???

Any chance there is a list that contains October sailings out there?

I just got off the inaugural sailing of the Splendor where I had hoped to talk to John about who would be the CD for the Legend in Oct. but we never saw him unless he was on the tv or the stage. I guess his blog thingy is overtaking his time???

The blog thingy is not the only thing tying John up. They christened the Splendor yesterday morning.

They have spent the last month onboard getting her loaded, ready to sail and "Christened". (on top of doing the blog thingy and his regular CD job).

Hopefully things will get back to normal soon and we will ask for the rest of the list.

Archived