QM2 Jan 3, 2008 - voyage so far . . .

cruisinpsudude

Hi everyone,

On the 10 day Caribbean run right now. Everything is going very smoothly, the only thing not up to the usual vacation standard is the weather. Looks like its supposed to rain in Tortola tomorrow . . .

2nd of 3 formal nights was tonight, food has been good - nothing fantastic or innovative, but good.

Passanger mix has been fantastic, less than 1000 Americans on board with many, many nationalities taking up the bulk of the ship - it has a very nice, international feel!

Any questions for those coming on soon, while I am on and have time to check them out?

ryan

Hi everyone,

On the 10 day Caribbean run right now. Everything is going very smoothly, the only thing not up to the usual vacation standard is the weather. Looks like its supposed to rain in Tortola tomorrow . . .

2nd of 3 formal nights was tonight, food has been good - nothing fantastic or innovative, but good.

Passanger mix has been fantastic, less than 1000 Americans on board with many, many nationalities taking up the bulk of the ship - it has a very nice, international feel!

Any questions for those coming on soon, while I am on and have time to check them out?

ryan

Hi Ryan,

We did this cruise last November. It also rained when we arrived on Tortola but we did the trips to the Baths at Virgin Gorda which was spectacular. We swam in hot sunshine over there! Later that day everyone else we spoke to said thay had rain everywhere else!

Ryan,

We are on the same cruise 2/19. Did you go to the baths with the ship or did you go on your own? We have been to Tortola before but never did the baths and was thinking of doing it this time. Not sure if we should take tour or go on our home. Hows the shopping? One of my many habits!

Thanks

pat

Been to tortola before - never to the Baths. Not going today, just taking advantage of the spa and the empty ship. A couple we met were going on the tour to the Baths today, but it was cancelled due to the weather that was forcasted . . . Its Sunday in Tortola and a sleepy port is even sleepier . . . Going ashore after lunch for a look around and then back on board for St. Kitts.

No news on the meeting of the three queens. Ray (Cruise Director), every morning makes the same announcement that they are all going to try and meet on the way into NY harbor. Yet, its all dependent on the weather crossing the north atlantic (mainly the worry is the Queen Vic making it in time). Keep you posted on that.

So far, everything is going very smoothly :)

ryan

Hi Ryan

Nice to see you are enjoying the cruise. We are following you next week, can you let me know the order of dinner dress ech night please. lexity has posted this previously, but I am unable to locate it

thanks

Teri

Clearwell your clock is wrong! Or is that when you are flying out? If so that's when we fly too!

Evening wear is 3 formals, 3 semi-formals and 4 elegant casuals. I know this because I just PACKED! WOOHOO! I forget which is which night though.

What sore of temperatures are you experiencing down there? It better not rain or I'll very possibly have a breakdown. All it has done is rain and be rubbish weather in the UK. We went on holiday to Spain in March. It rained there for 5 out of 7 days! Plus we have the White Squall booked in Tortola so IT WILL NOT RAIN!

My parents are on the QE2, they have met up with several other crusiecriticers and declare their cabin to be lovely! We are looking forward to seeing them next Sunday! Oh, it's all so exciting.

Hi

Sorry have changed it now to the 12th which is when we fly out. Will be with you on the 13th on the QM2 Have been sorting dresses today, hence the panic about what is when........

Not sure I will be black and white though oh dear may have to buy another one

see you soon

excited of a very wet cold lincolnshire

Teri

The black and white ball was the first formal night out of NYC.

1st night - elegant casual

2 - 3rd nights - formal

4th night - elegant casual

I have left the rest of the nights in the room and will post later - thats what it has been so far.

Weather will hopefully improve for tomorrow in St. Kitts - on our way over to Nevis tomorrow. Rained off and on in Tortola today - not much of a port stop - but nice to hit land for a little.

We have just left . . .

What sore of temperatures are you experiencing down there? It better not rain or I'll very possibly have a breakdown. All it has done is rain and be rubbish weather in the UK.

Lex, But if it rains, it will be raining in the Caribbean on the QM2! Much different from Manchester in January rains! (And I haven't even BEEN to Manchester! Just know I'd rather be in the Caribbean!)

And yes, I've been in Tortola on a Sunday. Pussers and Sunny Caribbee only things open in the morning!

Lucky you! Less than 1,000 Americans on board!

Well, heck! As someone born in East Brainard (before it was a part of Chattanooga) I rather resemble that remark!

Are we really that tacky that it is a good thing to have less than 1 thousand Americans aboard?

(Hmm, just saw today there will be a new reality show- something about a Red neck wedding. Can they really show that on TV?)

Karie

We have received our info for 29th Feb trip and were told 3 elegant casual and 4 semi-formal. Not what is on the present cruise!

We also were told that day 4 (Tortola) was semi-formal but it seems it is now elegant casual.

Does it change from cruise to cruise? Is there much difference between semi-formal and elegant casual?

On a semi formal night I would wear a short cocktail dress or something of that sort. For elegant casual I would wear a pretty dress which is dressy or smart trousers with a nice top.

I am on the 29th Cruise also and I have been told 3 formal 4 semi formal and 3 elegant casual. Maybe be different when we get on board and the sooner the better from my point of view.

Happy packing!

Sue

01/13: Elegant Casual

01/14: Black & White Ball (Formal)

01/15: Formal

01/16: Buccaneers' Ball (Semi-Formal)

01/17: Semi-Formal

01/18: Elegant Casual (Deck Party)

01/19: Semi-Formal

01/20: Semi-Formal

01/21: Masquerade Ball (Formal)

01/22: Elegant Casual

How grand this will be!

01/13: Elegant Casual

01/14: Black & White Ball (Formal)

01/15: Formal

01/16: Buccaneers' Ball (Semi-Formal)

01/17: Semi-Formal

01/18: Elegant Casual (Deck Party)

01/19: Semi-Formal

01/20: Semi-Formal

01/21: Masquerade Ball (Formal)

01/22: Elegant Casual

This is what we've been told for Feb 29th as well.

travel to go: Nothing gets past you! I was trying to express my disdain. LOL

Plenty of things get past me. I was born in Chattanooga, remember?

<LOL>

Karie

P.S. Daddy went to Univ Chattanooga (I went to UTK) and worked for TVA when we were there. We have a lot of history there, though I haven't been there in ages.

Any questions for those coming on soon, while I am on and have time to check them out

Hi Ryan

Hope you're having a fab time. My friends and I are on 29th Feb cruise. We like a bottle of champagne before dinner most evenings. I know we get one supplied in each of our cabins (Queens Grill) but do you know how much it is to buy onboard, presumably via room-service. Not sure if we should bring another couple of bottles on with us - I think we are allowed to bring 1 per person.

champagne lover, I had a case of champagne sent to my Boat Deck cabin on QE2 last October & there was no problem re this. I am going to do the same on my 3 & half week cruise on Arcadia later this year.

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Evening everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting . . . been having too much fun!

Tonight is the first and ONLY semi-formal night of the entire trip!

We have just left our anchorage at St. Lucia - much too short of a port call. Did the tour with Cosol all the way down to the Pitons - great way to see the island, reasonably priced, and with food and booze to boot. He comes highly recommended and would continue to recommend him!

The Veuve Cliquot is $64 a bottle. We brought 2 half bottles on, to keep them fresh and drink them at different special nights ont he cruise. We also brought on one bottle of wine and one bottle of vodka. Its nice to have in the room, but its not at all that expensive to buy throughout the ship - so we may think twice about bringing it on again.

There is only one more formal evening - our first night heading back to NYC and the rest are elegant casual. It has been a very dressy crowd this cruise though and have had a wonderful time meeting so many different and unique people.

THe Canyon Ranch lecturer, Stephanie will be on board for the next cruise. I would highly recommend any of her talks, as they are informative and very beneficial for healthy living - check her out, if you are on next week.

We have been having a great time - so much so that we have booked next january's 10 day caribbean in the same cabin . . .

Any other questions I can answer?

Evening everyone,

We have just left our anchorage at St. Lucia - much too short of a port call. Did the tour with Cosol all the way down to the Pitons - great way to see the island, reasonably priced, and with food and booze to boot. He comes highly recommended and would continue to recommend him!

The Veuve Cliquot is $64 a bottle. We brought 2 half bottles on, to keep them fresh and drink them at different special nights ont he cruise. We also brought on one bottle of wine and one bottle of vodka. Its nice to have in the room, but its not at all that expensive to buy throughout the ship - so we may think twice about bringing it on again.

There is only one more formal evening - our first night heading back to NYC and the rest are elegant casual. It has been a very dressy crowd this cruise though and have had a wonderful time meeting so many different and unique people.

THe Canyon Ranch lecturer, Stephanie will be on board for the next cruise. I would highly recommend any of her talks, as they are informative and very beneficial for healthy living - check her out, if you are on next week.

We have been having a great time - so much so that we have booked next january's 10 day caribbean in the same cabin . . .

So glad you are having such a great time. We loved it too and can't wait to return! We toured St Lucia with Cosol as well. Didn't they give you the best time! We had Yellowbird as our driver/guide as he was great.

Evening everyone,

Hi we go on the same cruise 10th march and according to our holiday documents and an e mail from Cunard the the dress would be the following

10 March – Elegant Casual

11 March – Formal/Black and White Ball

12 March – Formal

13 March – Semi Formal/Buccaneer Ball

14 March – Semi Formal

15 March – Elegant Casual/Deck Party to be confirmed on-board

16 March – Semi Formal

17 March – Semi Formal

18 March – Formal/Masquerade Ball

19 March – Elegant Casual

From your message it would seem you only had 1 semi formal...

Did you have same info for dress code prior to departing ? or was this changed on board ?

Did people dress up on elegant casual nights.....my other half has a new dress for every eveining and will not be best pleased if they change the dress codes / evening on a whim and a pray

regards

Brian

Evening everyone,

Hi we go on the same cruise 10th march and according to our holiday documents and an e mail from Cunard the the dress would be the following

10 March – Elegant Casual

11 March – Formal/Black and White Ball

12 March – Formal

13 March – Semi Formal/Buccaneer Ball

14 March – Semi Formal

15 March – Elegant Casual/Deck Party to be confirmed on-board

16 March – Semi Formal

17 March – Semi Formal

18 March – Formal/Masquerade Ball

19 March – Elegant Casual

From your message it would seem you only had 1 semi formal...

Did you have same info for dress code prior to departing ? or was this changed on board ?

Did people dress up on elegant casual nights.....my other half has a new dress for every eveining and will not be best pleased if they change the dress codes / evening on a whim and a pray

regards

Brian

Archived