Beware of Taxi Drivers

scher

Beware of Taxi drivers wanting to take you to Monkey Beach.........they must make some sort of commission because they push taking you to this beach. We only wanted to go to Boatyard and he tried so hard to tell us Monkey Beach was better. He said Boatyard was in the slums.....found out later other people on our cruise listened to the Taxi driver and said Monkey Beach was the worst beach it was rocky and not very nice at all and they were angry at themselves for listening to the driver.

That's too bad. I guess it always pays to do some research before hand. Me? I do a ton before I leave, especially on beaches--LOVE LOVE the beach!!:D You want to make the right choice, especially if you're there for just the day.

Hopefully they made the best of it.

Thanks for the post.

I AM A BEACH LOVER ALSO.... CAN;T GET ENOUGH... SO HOW IS BOAT YARD... HAVING A HARD TIME WITH THE BEACH SEARCH FOR ST. LUCIA. SAMANO , BARBADOS.. NO ONE IS TALKING....:eek:

I love the beach too. The Boatyard was nice the water was clear and the sand was white and powdery. It did get crowded and the lines were long to get food and a drink at the bar. If you don't mind more of a party scene it was a great beach. I do understand that the Hilton for $25.00 you can get a day pass and use the pool and they have a pretty beach but you have to call as soon as you get off the boat to see if they will take you. It depends on how booked they are. If you tell me some of your favorite Caribbean beaches I can tell you if it is similar.

• 4 weeks later...
I love the beach too. The Boatyard was nice the water was clear and the sand was white and powdery. It did get crowded and the lines were long to get food and a drink at the bar. If you don't mind more of a party scene it was a great beach. I do understand that the Hilton for $25.00 you can get a day pass and use the pool and they have a pretty beach but you have to call as soon as you get off the boat to see if they will take you. It depends on how booked they are. If you tell me some of your favorite Caribbean beaches I can tell you if it is similar.

We emailed Hilton Barbados last week and were quoted $26.00 per person for the day pass. Looks like a great place to spend the day.

Aplmac, we just wanted to tell you that you do a great job providing valuable information about Barbados. Thank you. Looking forward to visiting the island for the first time next Monday. We'll be sure to find a taxi outside the port area. :)

Archived