Help finding E. Med cruise

Dear All

We are looking for an E. Med cruise in 2008 that included Ephesus, Santorini, Katakolon, Athens and/or Istanbul.

So far, I have found NCL Jade, Emerald Princess, HAL Zuiderdam, RSSC Navigator and Oceania Nautica.

Anyone know/suggest any others?

Kind regards and thanks

I & F

Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas is sailing to these ports (except Katakolon) this year on 12 night cruises on their Med-Greek Isles itinerary.

What size of ship do you favour? I can recommend RCI's Radiance class having sailed on Serenade and LOVED it. This year we are booked on her sisters Brilliance and Jewel!:)

You have mentioned a variety of diverse lines. Some are consisidered mass market lines and others are premium cruise lines so there will be differences in costs. You will find that most cruise lines offer sailings in the Mediteranean so you will want to determine which itinerary you like at which price point. Let me add in another cruise line for you to consider which is Crystal Cruises. They are a luxury cruise line and offer a variety of sailings in the Mediterranean.

Keith

We are doing the Grand Princess 12 night in October '08 and our itinerary is from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Monte Carlo, Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Naples, at sea, Santorini, Kusadasi Turkey, Mykonos, Athens, Katakolon (Olympia), Corfu and ending in Venice.

I was looking for a cruise that started in Rome and included the Greek Islands and then ended in Venice. Grand Princess was the only one that fit the bill for us. I feel I got a good price at $2000 for a balcony cabin. It's now listed at $2750 for that cabin.

Make a graph chart with the ships/cruiselines across the top. Then down the side put what's important to you (ports, times in port, cost, days of cruise, etc). Then start researching, put an "X" in the intersecting box of the cruiseline/ship and item of importance. When you near the end of your research, one should have more x's than the others.

Other posters have said it's cheaper to cruise out of Barcelona, but those didn't do the route I wanted. I have 3 days pre-cruise in Rome and 2 days post cruise in Venice, and it will cost me almost as much for that 5 days as the 12 day cruise. With the EUR so strong and the dollar so weak, it's not going to be cheap to stay on land.

Have fun researching and then taking your cruise!

Archived