Sanctuary

princessdivaapril

not now, but I gather that there will be after her dry dock in a couple of months

You are correct. When the CB comes out of drydock she'll be sporting new enhancements such as can be found on her younger sister ship the Crown Princess.

They will include The International Café, The Sanctuary, The Crown Grill, and Vines, a wine and seafood bar.

Bill

sanctuary on emerald

8am to 12.30 $10

1pm to 5.30 $10

entire day $20

it is wonderful. padded loungers,iced water.cold towles, boise ear phones and music,big fluffy towles.you can order food as well,there is a $3 pp charge.

we loved it.

get there early to reserve as there are only 46 chairs

My wife wants to know if there is a Sanctuary on the Grand Princess?

Dan

We cruised b2b Oct-Nov and no sanctuary. On other ships(Crown Princess) it would be 1 deck above the Spa swimming pool fwd. Dry dock retrofit will sort out which ships will have it in the future. No one used it on our 7 day Crown NY-NY in Oct.07 IMHO not worth it for the money. Too many activities on the ship we would rather keep busy with. Paul in SD dry dock

We were on the Crown in August 06. At that time, it was $15 for half a day. It was well worth it to me. It was quiet, comfortable and the service was excellent.

At the time, if you got a cabana massage (in little tents up in the Sanctuary) you could stay there for an hour to relax afterward. I did that too, and no one asked me to leave after the hour.

There is a sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess. I just got off 2 weeks ago . . .

Maybe the sanctuary is a lot smaller but it did have the stone loungers (which weren't so warm), a few private aromatherapy steam rooms, etc. The cost was $190 for a couple for the week but that included a 1 hour private session in the moor mud steam area with all the exfoliants, etc.

I was really looking forward to the sanctuary but to be honest, we just didn't use it. There is so much going on that we didn't find the time to relax in there. Anyone could use the pool by the spa, with the cushion chairs so it wasn't as if there was any special pool you got or anything like that . . . . I would do the moor mud thing again with the hubby but not the sanctuary.

There is a sanctuary on the Caribbean Princess. I just got off 2 weeks ago . . .

Maybe the sanctuary is a lot smaller but it did have the stone loungers (which weren't so warm), a few private aromatherapy steam rooms, etc. The cost was $190 for a couple for the week but that included a 1 hour private session in the moor mud steam area with all the exfoliants, etc.

I was really looking forward to the sanctuary but to be honest, we just didn't use it. There is so much going on that we didn't find the time to relax in there. Anyone could use the pool by the spa, with the cushion chairs so it wasn't as if there was any special pool you got or anything like that . . . . I would do the moor mud thing again with the hubby but not the sanctuary.

No, you are confusing the "thermal suite" with the sanctuary. The CB will have the sanctuary after dry dock. :)

No, you are confusing the "thermal suite" with the sanctuary. The CB will have the sanctuary after dry dock. :)

Humm, they called it the Sanctuary . . . . it definitely sounds different then what you are saying is in the real Sancutary but I'm looking at my final bill as I type this and it even is printed as Sanctuary.

Humm, they called it the Sanctuary . . . . it definitely sounds different then what you are saying is in the real Sancutary but I'm looking at my final bill as I type this and it even is printed as Sanctuary.

Here is the Sanctuary. I think this is different. The CB does not have this yet. :)

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/daytime_activities/day_sanctuary/index.html

Archived