What are my chances?

jadexx

Iv booked my room on a CB princess cruise for my honeymoon.. I got the best room i could with the money I have to spend.. Id love to upgrade to a suite but I dont have the money right now.. Im thinking I might take some of the gift money from the wedding gifts to upgrade the room.. Does anyone know what my chances are for there being a suite still open if I wait untill Im getting ready to board to upgrade? Can I still upgrade at that point or is it too late? Sorry if this is a stupid question as this is my first time on a cruise so i dont know..

thanks

It depends on when you're sailing is. Suites tend to go because there are not a lot of them. If it is off season you have better chances, but I wouldn't count on it. I am sure the room you have will be just fine! If there is a balcony involved you will love it!!!

It has been noted before, and was the same the three times I've cruised with Princess, all three times the ship was sold out by boarding.

Based upon this, it would appear highly unlikely to upgrade to a suite at sailing.

I have two suggestions:

Use a credit card to upgrade to a suite now, and use the anticipated gift money to pay for it (make sure you have a good line of credit when you board since Princess will put a hold sum of an uncertain amount (maybe somebody can identify the amount) if you use a credit card at check-in).

I've never cruised in a suite, but I've heard they are wonderful. However, as an alternative you can use the money you expect as gifts to enhance your cruise like purchasing gifts for each other during the cruise, or paying for really nice excursions.

Either way, I'm sure you will get other suggestions, but enjoy your cruise and my best wishes for your future happiness.

Iv booked my room on a CB princess cruise for my honeymoon.. I got the best room i could with the money I have to spend.. Id love to upgrade to a suite but I dont have the money right now.. Im thinking I might take some of the gift money from the wedding gifts to upgrade the room.. Does anyone know what my chances are for there being a suite still open if I wait untill Im getting ready to board to upgrade? Can I still upgrade at that point or is it too late? Sorry if this is a stupid question as this is my first time on a cruise so i dont know..

thanks

.....usually........spending money you do not have.......is not a good idea....;)

Your chances of being upgraded are slim but it could happen. The chances of a suite or mini-suite later on depends on your ship, itinerary and sailing date. Many cruises sell out 100% a year in advance while some have cabins available at final payment. Usually, the remaining cabins are the least-expensive outside cabins, rarely suites or mini-suites. You will definitely not be able to upgrade once you board. That's extremely rare and the only cases of I've heard it happening have been when there was something wrong with the cabin and the ship wasn't sold out.

Like the others, I don't think it's a good idea to book and pay for something with money you don't have. :( My advice is that you've booked the best cabin you could with what you could afford. Relax and concentrate on having a great cruise and honeymoon.

My husband and I were in a similar problem for our houneymoon. We took the smaller room, and when it came time to cruise, we looked at the money situation. We were able to splurge on some great excursions with our wedding oney! Besides, we were hardly in the room, so I'm glad we made the choice we did. We had some great experiences that I otherwise wouldn't have ever done because we took the cheaper room.

Stick with the balcony room! We just had one in December and they are wonderful. I wouldn't think of spending the big bucks for a suite as it is not necessary at all - especially if you are on a budget.

You will want to spend time roaming the ship, enjoying the entertainment, food and pools. You will also be spending time off ship at the port stops. Most people end up spending less time in their room than they thought they would on a cruise.

Do not even think of using money you do not have for this upgrade. There are so many financial surprises that pop up in married life :eek: There is always some unexpected bill or car breakdown, etc, and it is very wise to start with some money in savings.

Relax and have a wonderful honeymoon cruise.

thanks

What Kind of a room did you book? I can understand you wanting it to be special, but we have been in inside rooms and still had a wonderful time. It is the cruise experence itself I love.

Archived