Kenai Fjord Tours- Major Marine Tours

lkjames1

Is anyone aware of any discount coupone for the full day National Park Tour with Major Marine Tours? Any info would be appreaciated... Thanks!

I am looking at my Northern Lights coupon book and I do not see a full day National Park Tour with Major Marine Tours. However, I do see a coupon for the Kenai Fjords Northwestern Fjord cruise that runs from 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM - I believe this one goes to the National Park as well. The offer is valid May 24, 2008 to Sept. 7, 2008 - One complimentary Kenai Fjords Tours "Northwestern Fjord Cruise: with purchase of another full fare having equal or greater value.

Do you actually have to have received the book in order to reserve spots using a coupon? To be clear does Major Marine and Renown both have 1/2 day coupons in Northern Lights? Thanks!

Northern Lights has two coupons for the Renown 6-hour tour - which is considered a full-day tour. They have a coupon for Major Marine's "half-day" tour, but that one doesn't leave Resurrection Bay and has limited dates (5/3/2008~6/20/2008 & 8/1/2008~9/21/2008). Here's a map showing the routes of Major Marine's half-day and full-day cruises: http://majormarine.com/alaska-day-cruises/kenai-fjords-halfday-wildlife-cruise/cruise-map-kf.html

I don't think you need to have the coupon book at the time you reserve the Renown tour, but I don't know about Major Marine.

Thanks NancyIL. When you say it doesn't leave Resurrection Bay do you mean it does not go as far as the Renown tour?

I hope we are able to meet on our cruise. Are you interested in starting a roll call and we could chat about plans for the cruise there?

Thanks NancyIL. When you say it doesn't leave Resurrection Bay do you mean it does not go as far as the Renown tour?

I hope we are able to meet on our cruise. Are you interested in starting a roll call and we could chat about plans for the cruise there?

Correct - the Resurrection Bay cruise does not go nearly as far as the 6 or 9 hour cruises. Much less chance of seeing any marine wildlife. Check the link to the map that NancyIL posted - it should explain by picture better than we can explain in words! You want the cruises that go where the blue lines are, not where the red lines are!

You for sure do not need to have the Northern Lights book in hand in order to make a reservation - my book has no serial number or such that I can see.

John

Someone started a roll call, but I think it was for b2b cruises. I'll have to look for it!

**Since the person who started the roll call is no longer going, and I'm the only other person who posted on it, I asked a moderator to delete that thread. I started a new roll call here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=12907956#post12907956

Exactly. The Renown tour travels 120 miles roundtrip miles in 6 hours: http://www.renowntours.com/kenai-fjords-park-cruise.htm They also have a Resurrection Bay tour that travels 50 miles roundtrip in 3 hours - but the coupon is for the longer one.

The Northwestern Fjords cruise travels 150 miles roundtrip. In the past, you couldn't take the train after that tour because it ended at 6:30. This year it ends at 6:00 - so I wonder if they are trying to coordinate that with the train? http://www.kenaifjords.com/545.cfm

For clairfication, Renown has bought out Major Marine. So there will be only 2 major companies doing these tours. I had gone with all three companies, all do a fantastic job. I also NEVER recommend the bay cruises, always at least 6 hours on the water, only.

My always preference is the Northwestern Fjords trips with Alaska Heritage.

The Northwestern Fjords cruise travels 150 miles roundtrip. In the past, you couldn't take the train after that tour because it ended at 6:30. This year it ends at 6:00 - so I wonder if they are trying to coordinate that with the train? http://www.kenaifjords.com/545.cfm

I doubt it. The train leaves at 6pm.

• 3 weeks later...
For clairfication, Renown has bought out Major Marine. So there will be only 2 major companies doing these tours. My always preference is the Northwestern Fjords trips with Alaska Heritage.

Hi,

I just received the current (at least it came in today's mail) issue of Seward.com sent out by the Seward Chamber of Commerce. It has all three companies listed. It has ads for Renown and Major Marine on opposite pages. Curious if the one ad just didn't get pulled in time, so it got printed.

Bruce

Hi,

I just got off the websites for Kenai Fjords and Major Marine. Kenai fjords has a 6 hour trip for $129 and Major marine has an 8 hour for $127. Why 2 hours less for $2 more? Does one boat go faster than the other? Food better on one?

Thanks,

Bruce

Hi,

I just got off the websites for Kenai Fjords and Major Marine. Kenai fjords has a 6 hour trip for $129 and Major marine has an 8 hour for $127. Why 2 hours less for $2 more? Does one boat go faster than the other? Food better on one?

Thanks,

Bruce

Renown's 6-hour cruise is $139 plus tax.

Archived