Dry Cleaning Question?

DebsUK

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of dry cleaning on board? Last cruise (on Celebrity) we thought the prices were quite reasonable and if thats the case with Princess we'll wait to dry clean hubbies suits etc until we get on board. Thanks in advance.

Deb.

Dry Cleaning/Press Only

Evening Dresses… $10.50/$5.25

Dresses… $8.50/$4.25

Suit 2 Pieces… $9.00/$4.50

Jackets… $5.00/$2.50

Trousers/Pants… $5.00/$2.50

Skirts/Slacks… $4.50/$2.25

Coats/Top Coat/Rain Coat… $7.50/$3.75

Formal Shirts/Blouses… $5.00/$2.50

Shirts… $3.50/$1.75

Sweaters… $4.50/$2.25

Polo Shirts… $3.00/$1.50

Can anyone give me an idea of the cost of dry cleaning on board? Last cruise (on Celebrity) we thought the prices were quite reasonable and if thats the case with Princess we'll wait to dry clean hubbies suits etc until we get on board. Thanks in advance.

Deb.

We usually send my clean tux shirt out for pressing on arrival and it gets back about 5 PM on the 2nd night.. There isn't time to get clothes dry cleaned if you want to wear them on the first formal night (usually 2nd night of the cruise), but pressing is OK.

There is plenty of time to get the clothes dry cleaned (or shirts laundered) between formal nights, which is what I do so I don't have to bring multiple tux shirts. They do a great job on cleaning, and have gotten the shirt cleaner than when we launder at home.

And yes, the prices are reasonable - my wife said they were less expensive onboard ship than at our local dry cleaners.

From what I understand, if you happen to be booked in a mini-suite or larger, the drycleaning AND laundry service is FREE. I am hoping this is actually the case as we are booked in a mini-suite in April.

If anyone knows the details of this.....please tell.

From what I understand, if you happen to be booked in a mini-suite or larger, the drycleaning AND laundry service is FREE. I am hoping this is actually the case as we are booked in a mini-suite in April.

Sorry to break it to you, but I am pretty certain that is for full suite guests, and elite circle members only.

Actually you can get express service and have your clothes dry cleaned in one day. It will give you enough time for the first formal night. They do charge you 50% more though. I think you have to have it in to your room steward by 9am and they will have it back by 5 or 6pm. We have never had a problem with it. I just think it is easier to have my DH suits dry cleaned there and then they are not wrinkled. It is still only like 14 bucks to have the suit dry cleaned with the express which I do not think is bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, but the dry cleaning and laundry service are only free for guests that are full suites or are elite. We loved using this perk while in our suites and did miss in in our mini on our last cruise. It did make packing that much easier at the end of the trip because I basically threw all the dirty clothes into the suitcase.

The prices are very reasonable so it won't cost much if you need a few things done.

Archived