Miracle onboard shore excursions

allzi

Just wondering if the excursions listed online are ALL the excursions available. Are there trips available onboard that are different than those ones? Or is that it?

Iv'e booked one for St kitts, but can't figure out what to do in St Maarten or St lucia.

Thanks for any info

Can't answer about the Miracle (yet) but I have discovered that the excursions they show online are just "part" of the excursions they have available on board. Sometimes they are still finalizing contracts with vendors. Check with the excursion desk when you board - they will have a printed paper (usually a couple of pages long) of excursions - this paper is also usually in your cabin, or on the menu on your tv in your cabin.

On our recent Miracle 12/17 sailing, we were a "special" 1-time 7-day itinerary, and there were next to NO excursions listed for San Juan or Grand Turk.

I knew Carnival was still using Chukka in Grand Turk and even emailed them and Carnival as to whether the Horseback Ride & Swim would be available once we were onboard because, if it wasn't, I was going to book an independent excursion.

Didn't hear back form Chukka and Carnival wrote back and said "we have no idea what specific excursions will be available once you board."

Anyway, when we boarded, there were TONS of excursions for each port. And, yes, we did our horseback riding.

2927079110102755439S500x500Q85.jpg

We booked an independent tour in St Thomas, which was fabulous. We did walking tours in Nassau and San Juan.

If you haven't already done so, I'd check the Ports of Call boards for those particular stops and see what folks recommend, whether through the cruiseline or independently. I'd always booked through the cruiseline in the past, but I was delighted with our independent excursion, and it was a bargain, compared to what was offered through Carnival.

Last month I went on Carnival's Destiny to the Southern Caribbean, with a stop in St. Lucia-after reading the different threads and reviews, I booked with Cosol Tours-this was a great excursion-toured the most scenic southern coast, many stops for pics-we visited a banana plantation, a waterfall, a drive-in volcano (still active!), tasted many tropical fruits, and went swimming in the Caribbean between the Pitons. Oh, yeah, Rum punch, and Piton beer to drink-all day! All this for $50-I'm going on the Miracle Dec. '08, and will definitely book again! Whichever tour you end up booking, enjoy!:D

I did the same itin on the first Miracle cruise out of FLL,,,,,

here are the excursion pages that I collected.....

Misfit28.jpg Misfit30.jpg Misfit32.jpg Misfit34.jpg Misfit36.jpg

my review........ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=654147

If you want a beach day.......it's real easy and cheap to do your own in St Maarten..........get off the ship and grab a cab to Orient beach(yes it's topless) but my kids 7 and 12 had a blast and never even noticed anyone. (this is also covered in my review)

We did Cosol tours too.......I felt his vehicles were very reliable, they were very friendly, the drinks and samples of the local cuisine were plentiful. But I booked off of his website descriptions and the actual sites were a letdown..........his site says "relax and swim in a waterfall"....the reality

My son swimming in the waterfall

2911131400089406063S600x600Q85.jpg

just a SLIGHT exaggeration LOL

Archived