Where to stay the night before...

nseagirl

I'm a newbie to this board and would like your advice. A friend and I will be sailing on the SOS out of PC on the 28th of April to celebrate our 50th birthdays. I've cruised once (on Carnival out of Tampa) and she has never cruised. I had intended to fly to Orlando early the morning of the cruise and shuttle over to PC. Now you've made me nervous about doing that so...If we fly in the day before, should we stay in Orlando for the night or go on to PC? What about transportation (don't want to deal with renting a car)? Thanks in advance for your help and advice!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!:)

when we cruised from PC we stayed at the Radisson at the Port the night before. It was a nice hotel with a shuttle to the ship the next day. It was easy to find and has options for dining at the hotel and within a reasonable walk so you dont have to rent a car

We rented a car from Budget at the Orlando Airport (they are right on site so there are no shuttles to take before getting your car) and drove to PC the day before our cruise.

We stayed at the Ressidence Inn. It is a very nice/clean hotel and they offer free full breakfast in the morning. They also have a heated pool if you are interested in starting your relaxing a day early.

The night before we used the car to drive to dinner and get some last minute items to take on the ship (soda, water, etc.).

Then in the morning we took the car back to Budget (1/2 mile from the Residence Inn) and took their shuttle to the port (about a 5-10 minute ride). They open early and run the shuttle constantly so you can get to the port by 10:00-11:00 if you desire. The shuttle from Budget is free, all you need to do is tip the driver for handling your bags.

We also did the same thing when we returned by catching the Budget shuttle outside the cruise terminal. It took us back to the car rental counter and we drove back to the Orlando airport.

It is a straight shot down the freeway to/from the airport so don't worry about driving. It takes about 45 minutes and with our party of 5 it was much more economical than any shuttle service. Plus, it gave us flexibility the night before the cruise.

I did notice that Hertz was right on the property of the Residence Inn but did not notice if there was a shuttle or the cost of it.

Hope this information helps a little. I am sure you will be successful and happy no matter how you go about doing it.

I'm a newbie to this board and would like your advice. A friend and I will be sailing on the SOS out of PC on the 28th of April to celebrate our 50th birthdays. I've cruised once (on Carnival out of Tampa) and she has never cruised. I had intended to fly to Orlando early the morning of the cruise and shuttle over to PC. Now you've made me nervous about doing that so...If we fly in the day before, should we stay in Orlando for the night or go on to PC? What about transportation (don't want to deal with renting a car)? Thanks in advance for your help and advice!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!!:)

Go to this thread below on the East Coast Departure part of the boards.

This is for Florida and Port Canaveral.

This thread is called "I work in Port Canaveral." There is every question and answer that you have that will be answered there for you. ;) They are great over there and get back to you right away with an answer.

I am taking you to the last pages of it as the thread is too many pages to read.

Ask about Art's Shuttle service from the airport and they will give you the information and phone numbers. I also did not want to rent a car and go through the hassle of dragging luggage and driving.

The Radisson is the best hotel listed that I have also booked for my next cruises from there in September.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=133

Go to this thread below on the East Coast Departure part of the boards.

This is for Florida and Port Canaveral.

This thread is called "I work in Port Canaveral." There is every question and answer that you have that will be answered there for you. ;) They are great over there and get back to you right away with an answer.

I am taking you to the last pages of it as the thread is too many pages to read.

Ask about Art's Shuttle service from the airport and they will give you the information and phone numbers. I also did not want to rent a car and go through the hassle of dragging luggage and driving.

The Radisson is the best hotel listed that I have also booked for my next cruises from there in September.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=436720&page=133

Another poster has done a FABULOUS job in consolidating all of the best information in that thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=590649

Even though most will tell you to fly in a day early you will likely be fine flying in the day of your cruise. Seeing that you are coming from NC, most of the major airports have non stop flights to Orlando. In late April you do not have the weather issues that tend to plague the system.

If you go a day early your best bet is to sty in Orlando and them take a shuttle to Port Canaveral for the cruise. (Renting a car is not a big deal. They are right at the terminal (at least National and Alamo are) and there is no extra charge for a one way rental in FL.)

Archived