Will there be Network Television on my NCL Ship?

Palm_trees

DW and I figure the reason for going on a cruise is to 'get away from it all'. We can watch TV at home. If there is a special program we don't want to miss, we just set the VCR to tape it while we are away.

We do watch the news every day -- but it was refreshing while on the NCL cruise (transatlantic) to get the news from BBC World. Less biased than CNN or FOX -- although we did watch CNN from time to time. We never watch FOX -- if we want opinions, we read the editorial pages (both left and right).

We also order a newspaper for delivery to our cabin. We feel the International Herald Tribune gives the best coverage of the choices the cruise lines offer.

I see that I mention what I like and why. I aknowledged that others don't care about what is on tv, but I don't see that I said anything was wrong with them. I did not question why people don't care about the tv, and I didn't pose any question.

That being said, can you please let me know why you quoted me, and stated something I had already read?

boy have you lost me along the way, I have no idea what you are talking about. and one more thing, could I ask why you seem to get so defensive from time to time?

Nita

Ironically, your post I am questioning sounds rather defensive - especially since you started with, "AS I stated before..." I am not sure how else to word my question, but I will try. I commented on Don Haynes' stereotype comment, and then went on to say I (unlike others) like to go back to the cabin sometimes and watch TV. I never mentioned that I thought there was anything wrong with not needing to know what was on the TV.

You then quoted that response and stated, "AS I said before..." Since you already mentioned your thoughts on the TV I was wondering what part of my comment prompted you to quote me and repeat yourself.

As far as being defensive... maybe its because there are some people that do not respect the experiences I have had with freestyle, which have caused me to not like it. I understand that others like it, which is why, when a potential new cruiser asks about it I will try to make objective comments about it... and also state differences I have seen with other lines' versions.

Some people like freestyle, some people don't... thats why they have multiple lines. I do not come on here and intentionally slam NCL like others do. I state my experiences, my opinions, and observations - and give reasons behind them. Yet, there are many people who come on and disrespect my thoughts, and tell me I'm wrong. When that happens I will defend myself.

Ironically, your post I am questioning sounds rather defensive - especially since you started with, "AS I stated before..." I am not sure how else to word my question, but I will try. I commented on Don Haynes' stereotype comment, and then went on to say I (unlike others) like to go back to the cabin sometimes and watch TV. I never mentioned that I thought there was anything wrong with not needing to know what was on the TV.

You then quoted that response and stated, "AS I said before..." Since you already mentioned your thoughts on the TV I was wondering what part of my comment prompted you to quote me and repeat yourself.

As far as being defensive... maybe its because there are some people that do not respect the experiences I have had with freestyle, which have caused me to not like it. I understand that others like it, which is why, when a potential new cruiser asks about it I will try to make objective comments about it... and also state differences I have seen with other lines' versions.

Some people like freestyle, some people don't... thats why they have multiple lines. I do not come on here and intentionally slam NCL like others do. I state my experiences, my opinions, and observations - and give reasons behind them. Yet, there are many people who come on and disrespect my thoughts, and tell me I'm wrong. When that happens I will defend myself.

If you are referring to my using caps, that certainly was an accident. Otherwise I am still confused. I wasn't questioning you particularly nor did I say there was anything wrong with those who do want to watch TV in their cabins. I memtioned my cousin was the same. I will say, you certainly wouldn't have like cruising 15 years ago when they didn't even have TVs in the cabins.

I notice you like to use the word "disrespect and respect" a lot, I don't think people differing with you on views are being disrespectful but yes, you are very defensive.

Nita

If you are referring to my using caps, that certainly was an accident. Otherwise I am still confused. I wasn't questioning you particularly nor did I say there was anything wrong with those who do want to watch TV in their cabins. I memtioned my cousin was the same. I will say, you certainly wouldn't have like cruising 15 years ago when they didn't even have TVs in the cabins.

I notice you like to use the word "disrespect and respect" a lot, I don't think people differing with you on views are being disrespectful but yes, you are very defensive.

Nita

Since you mentioned your opinions as well as your cousins in a previous post, I am trying to find the connection between the statement you quoted and your comment. I don't care if you wanted to repeat yourself, I am just trying to find the relevance to my statement.

Differences I do not get defensive with, its when I am told anything similar to..

• My experience is not how NCL really is
  • The Crown and the Sea weren't built for freestyle so I should really try another ship
  • I should eat at different times in order to avoid waiting
  • NCLA is different than NCL

I know what my experiences are. I don't encounter the same things on other lines, so it cannot be "how all cruise lines are."

I understand what freestyle is. I will not go to specialty restaurants, so having more of them is not going to change my experience with the main dining room

I have tried eating at all different times, I have still incurred wait times longer than 20 min.

NCL and NCLA are run by the same people. When I have mentioned problems I have not referred to the American crew, but the standard operating procedures which is found on all the ships.

They used to have networks, but when cruising became as popular as it is today, they had to be eliminated.

All those ships crisscrossing each other just tangled up the cable lines, the channels wouldn't come in, and soon you had people complaining that they didn't get what they had paid for and demanding free cruises, so the cruiselines had to stop offering the networks and disconnected the cables.

Jana

I thought this post deserved more than the reply by someone that didn't get the joke.

It made me laugh...good job.

I was about to post the "Why spend all that money on a cruise so you can watch TV, you'll live without it, I promise." but then I remembered....I'm cruising on Suberbowl Sunday...will NCL be broadcasting it?

ok mommy, I promise to be good, but is there a TV in my room?

Nita

ROTFL-yes, but it seems no networks unless it's a Carnival ship. And if it is a Carnival ship it must be a bugger figuring out when the favorite shows are on since the nets are out of Denver and not a lot of cruises are in that time zone! ;)

I thought this post deserved more than the reply by someone that didn't get the joke.

It made me laugh...good job.

I was about to post the "Why spend all that money on a cruise so you can watch TV, you'll live without it, I promise." but then I remembered....I'm cruising on Suberbowl Sunday...will NCL be broadcasting it?

The post gave me a chuckle, but I didn't even realize that people took it seriously.

Not a clue about Superbowl, but if not I'm sure you could find the highlights on Sports Center. :)

Archived