Big Big Thank You to Princess

Shogun

Hi Folks,

As Princess reads these boards I need to say a big big thank you to Neil the CD on The Emerald.

As some will know Princess lost my bags and my other half was ill last week, so without her knowing I got pictures of our dogs wearing santa hats and gave them to Neil,

He turned these into a short 5 minute video, with music, dog names and messages saying we miss you, hope you are having a nice time etc

at the appointed hour the video was played on the big screen, with photo lad to capture the moment.

The look on her face when it started "that looks like our dog, it is "

Was great, even better is she is now not speaking to me.

This is not some thing that gets done ever day but with the problems we had it was very nice of the ship to bring a smile to her face and some water to the eyes.

yours Shogun

That's a memory of a lifetime. How wonderful you are to have thought of it, and how wonderful of Neil to be caring enough to help you pull it off.

We'll be on the Emerald in March. I hope Neil is still there. He needs to know that other people know of this --- and care.

Hi Folks,

Why is she not speaking to me, because I made her cry, she hates getting her photo taken

Still no bags.

yours Shogun

Oh, I see. OK, thanks.

Note to self: get a dog, have pictures taken, present them to the CD for public showing on the big screen, have DW's picture taken bawling.

Next: lose the ear plugs.:p

Randy

Hi Folks,

"...As Princess reads these boards I need to say a big big thank you to Neil the CD on The Emerald...."

And, thanks to you for posting this and reminding me to do better in recognizing those businesses and individuals who go above and beyond in customer service. I feel sometimes criticisms are justified and I have written a letter to the captain, but also sometimes (IMHO) we are too quick to criticize what are really very insignificant items, e.g. the soap in the cabins, etc., etc., etc. I really to hesitate to mention what could be construed as critcism after trying to be positive but sometimes I do get the impression some people get on a cruise with a pencil and paper handy at all times to chronicle the nit-picky stuff.

Hi Folks,

Got the pictures that the ships photo bloke took, they are great, but he did want paying, but again Neil came to the rescue and signed off the skip for me and at $20 each this adds up.

yours Shogun

Hi Folks,

As some will know we have done the odd Princess cruise or two, over the years we have met some very nice people, however to find two stars of the Princess world Neil the CD and James the PSD on the same ship was very unexpected.

So today I have written formal letters to Princess highlighting what I consider to be the excellant way these men not only met the requirments of there jobs but go above and beyond the call of duty.

yours Shogun

Shogun,

That was a great idea and so nice of Princess to do that for you. Since you have no bags and no cloths, you will have an easy time getting ready to go home. Not much to pack. Your attitude has been a lesson for all of us. Just deal with it. Happy travels home and tell the Mrs. that she can feel free to talk to you whenever she wants. My hubby likes my quiet times, they are rare.

Hi Folks,

Still no luggage, I have excepted that it was not lost or missed placed, but stolen, either from the kerb side at the hotel while waiting to be placed on the bus, or left on the bus and aquired by the driver.

I have wriiten a few letters to Princess now,

Some about the staff,

About my luggage and ways they could improve tracking

And about my cruise good and bad,

I will let you know what type of reply I get,

but they have been warned to seperate a Scotsman from his Kilt is an act just short of war, so much is expected, or war will be declared.

yours Shogun

Archived