New to Rotterdam VI - Please help

upgrademe

My wife and I are considering a mediteranean cruise on Rotterdam VI.

Can you advise???

Quality of cruise experience (food, crew, ship cleanliness)??

Passenger average age?

In May should we expect a lot of children on board??

Thankn in advance

My wife and I are considering a mediteranean cruise on Rotterdam VI.

Can you advise???

Quality of cruise experience (food, crew, ship cleanliness)??

Passenger average age?

In May should we expect a lot of children on board??

Thankn in advance

We've spent 65+ days on Rotterdam VI including 2 transatlantics. Obviously longer trips are populated by older pax as most can't do longer than 14 days unless they are retired.

In May you will not see many children onboard. We were on at the end of May and there were very few chilren onboard. In July for a 35 day TA there were approx 75 children.

The Rotterdam is immaculate, a vvery classy lady witha classic ocean liner feel. Food is subjective; one of our Rotterdam cruises provided food and menus in the-not-too spectacular range, but 1 out of 4 isn't bad.

She's my favorite to date HAL ship. We always think HAL crew are marvelous.

GN

I've spent 77 days in three cruises on this Rotterdam, and will be boarding for 20 more two weeks from this very day (yippee! :D). She's HAL's flagship, and well deserves the role.

I'll be reporting from on-board, so will have up-to-the-minute info on how she looks, the service, and the food.

I've only done a single 10-day on the Rotterdam, but it was wonderful. My teen son (16 then) was with me, during his spring break and there were 6 teens on board....I think a total of 19 kids of all ages including the teens. I would imagine on a Med cruise you won't find many kids, especially while school is in session. Enjoy!

Just finished our first cruise on HAL which was on the Rotterdam. Loved the ship. Found it to be very spacious..... never had a problem finding a quiet corner if one needed it. We were in a handicap room (3391) on the lower promenade. For those that need handicap the rooms all the way in aft due to their layout are much easier to get around in. Ours had a hallway from the door to the bed area that would be difficult if one was in a wheelchair.

However I loved our location on the ship. Easy to get outside and treat the lower promenade (walking deck) as our own personal balcony!

Found the food to be average overall and at times spectacular... Had an awesome osso bucco one night and then another night there was an appetizer of chile infused scallops that were just to die for.

Our servers were Dedi, Ridwan, and Willis. They were wonderful. Ridwan tends to be in the lido in the morning and afternoon handing out trays! He has a smile that really lights up a room.

So enjoyed out trip aboard.... would go on the Rotterdam again in a heartbeat!

My only real negative was the internet connection... however that isn't unique to just this ship... I'm a net junkie so having a slooowwwww connection was painful and sometimes I would get knocked off.... However I did live through it and I feel much better now that I'm back on the grid full time ;)

Archived