For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Anna - The Quest on the AOS is also in Studio B (ice skating rink). The place will be packed! You will be divided into teams.

Have fun!!!!:p:p

Hi

We are on AOS in May. Keep seeing mention of Quest - can you tell me what this is please?

Thanks

Sue

Hi

We are on AOS in May. Keep seeing mention of Quest - can you tell me what this is please?

Thanks

Sue

Sue - The Quest is essentially an adult scavenger hunt. The really fun part is what you are asked to find ;)

This is one part of your cruise you do not want to miss! It is hosted by the Cruise Director and is hilarious!

Looking for excursion ideas on the Barbados route......:rolleyes:

Hi Robyn. I would definitely recommend Harrison's Cave and Welchman's Gulley, then down to Bathsheba for some lunch and exploring, wind your way back to the ship and if you have time swim at Accra Beach (Rockley). If you rent a car, I would definitely have a gps with Barbados loaded on it or else negotiate a price with a cab driver- then beat up the cops when he charges twice as much as originally stated for a real tour of Barbados! :D

Hi All! I am fresh off AOS and the Barbados route. Thanks so much for all the helpful information while planning. It was our best cruise yet! What a fantastic crew and ship. Our favorite excursion was the Catamaran, Sail & Snorkel in Antigua (Wadaldi). The best part was the stop in Deep Bay - a beautiful, pristine beach. Happy to answer any other questions. They divided Studio B into teams for Quest.

Hi Robyn. I would definitely recommend Harrison's Cave and Welchman's Gulley, then down to Bathsheba for some lunch and exploring, wind your way back to the ship and if you have time swim at Accra Beach (Rockley). If you rent a car, I would definitely have a gps with Barbados loaded on it or else negotiate a price with a cab driver- then beat up the cops when he charges twice as much as originally stated for a real tour of Barbados! :D

Thanks Toonjie :D happy New year you and your lovely family!

53 more sleeps until I board!!!!

Couple of questions. Much like Robyn we are also looking for excursions on the Barbados route. Thanks to those that have responded so far but any other suggestions will be welcome.

Secondly we were lucky enough to get a $210/person onboard credit for changing from Category M inside to an inside guarantee for our cruise. That having been said, our assignments turned out to be on deck aft 10, cabins 1347 and 1349. I'm not concerned about being aft but I am concerned about being directly below the Windjammer. Can anyone comment about this concern or anything else about the positioning of these cabins?

Our best excursion was on Silver Moon, this was a nice size, beautiful and personalized sailing. There were 12 of us, but they do have a sailing for a larger group. We had lots of drinks, a great lunch and a great crew. We snorkeled, swam and relaxed, saw a few sea turtles and lots of fish.

Who was your entertainment? Do you have Compasses?

Our compasses didn't make it home with us but our favorite performers were: Beatlemania (night 2) and the Comedian (night 1). We attended the comedian's all ages show (9 or 10 pm showtime, lots of audience interaction) but he also did an adult only show night 2 at midnight. Later in the week we settled into a routine listening to the guitar player/singer at the Duck and Dog. Lots of fun nights relaxing and listening to good music! He took requests and had quite the song repertoire. Later in the week shows included a Broadway medley and 70s dance party in the promenade. Hope that helps!

Anyone remember what nights the formal nights are on the Barbados route??:confused:

Our formal nights (Barbados route) were nights 2 and 5. Italian night was night 4. Lobster night was night 6 (Carib. lobster tail and grilled shrimp). I have a text version of the menus if you'd like me to email them to you. This was the best food we've had yet on RC!

Edited to add: We did My Time Dining this trip and it worked out so well! We had a great service team with our window table for 6 waiting for us each night. Our servers were Noel and Shirley and we were seated at table 575 each night. Beautiful views out the window and not too noisy.

Our formal nights (Barbados route) were nights 2 and 5. Italian night was night 4. Lobster night was night 6 (Carib. lobster tail and grilled shrimp). I have a text version of the menus if you'd like me to email them to you. This was the best food we've had yet on RC!

Edited to add: We did My Time Dining this trip and it worked out so well! We had a great service team with our window table for 6 waiting for us each night. Our servers were Noel and Shirley and we were seated at table 575 each night. Beautiful views out the window and not too noisy.

Did you make "reservation" for your MTD? There will be 6 of us on our cruise in April and we have MTD. Just wondering whether we should make reservations or just chance it. I'd really like to have the same wait staff and a table by the window - what's the best way to make that happen?

Did you make "reservation" for your MTD? There will be 6 of us on our cruise in April and we have MTD. Just wondering whether we should make reservations or just chance it. I'd really like to have the same wait staff and a table by the window - what's the best way to make that happen?

It was much easier than I anticipated: I expected to make a reservation each night but when we mentioned this to the hostess, she said just simply arrive whenever and they will seat you. We never had to wait and because we ate between the two seatings, never even encountered a line at the hostess desk. We are converts! The first night we requested a window table and then had this for the remainder of the cruise. When you check in with the hostess, she'll mention "last night your servers were x and y, would you like them again" so you have the option to change if you are not happy night 1. We got into a routine of arriving for dinner at 7 pm each night and, literally, our assistant waiter would be waiting for us at the hostess desk! It was uncanny.

It was much easier than I anticipated: I expected to make a reservation each night but when we mentioned this to the hostess, she said just simply arrive whenever and they will seat you. We never had to wait and because we ate between the two seatings, never even encountered a line at the hostess desk. We are converts! The first night we requested a window table and then had this for the remainder of the cruise. When you check in with the hostess, she'll mention "last night your servers were x and y, would you like them again" so you have the option to change if you are not happy night 1. We got into a routine of arriving for dinner at 7 pm each night and, literally, our assistant waiter would be waiting for us at the hostess desk! It was uncanny.

Great to know! I was just discussing this with my mother in law and we both kind of decided to just go with the flow - let it all depend on when we get back from excursions or when we get hungry. I'm sure we'll probably end up going about 7pm or so but who knows! One more detail to not have to worry about now! Just got to get the excursions lined up and I can start packing - ok maybe not packing, but at least making a list of what to take!:o

Hope you have a great cruise and happy early anniversary! We were 3 couples varying in age: my parents (early 50s), my sister & her bf (early 20s) and my husband and I (30) and we all had such a great time. It's a great itinerary.

Did you do the Barbados or Aruba route? We are doing Aruba. DH and I haven't been to any of the islands except St. Thomas so we are really looking forward to it.

Our compasses didn't make it home with us but our favorite performers were: Beatlemania (night 2) and the Comedian (night 1). We attended the comedian's all ages show (9 or 10 pm showtime, lots of audience interaction) but he also did an adult only show night 2 at midnight. Later in the week we settled into a routine listening to the guitar player/singer at the Duck and Dog. Lots of fun nights relaxing and listening to good music! He took requests and had quite the song repertoire. Later in the week shows included a Broadway medley and 70s dance party in the promenade. Hope that helps!

Thanks for the information! Hoping that Beatlemania is still on for us. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

One more question - Who was the CD??

Thanks Alexis :) I am counting days until I am onboard!!!!

Let's see. In eleven more hours Robyn will have only 50 more days until she cruises on the AOS.

So she is now thinking..............

attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO! attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO! attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO! attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO! attachment.php?attachmentid=34784&d=1168822036YAHOO!

Archived