For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

This thread has been seriously hijacked by very nice people who are not talking about the AOS very much. Can we get back to praising the ship and crew? ;-)

Sorry you feel that way, but it is the ship & our past experiences that having us planning another trip on the AOS. Some of us have cruised together on the AOS so trying to realign dates -- not all of the dates have threads going yet & we do switch to them but return here to share the ship & crew information as well.

This thread has been seriously hijacked by very nice people who are not talking about the AOS very much. Can we get back to praising the ship and crew? ;-)

EDIT: This is your first post on this thread and you are criticizing us? :D

Robyn's thread has lot's of information about everything, not just the ship and crew.

The location of the pier, hotels, cabs and many other things that go with a cruise.

This thread is helpful in many more areas than just the ship, but San Juan itself and all

that it offers.

Others like myself have stayed in San Juan many, many times and can help cruisers in other ways.

I started going there for land vacations in the 1980's and my first cruise was out of there in 1989. And many, many more cruises out of there since that.

So, when I see people ask about a hotel or an area to stay in, I am more than happy to point out a hotel, a restaurant, a drug store, a super market, a map or any other place where I feel it may help their pre and post cruise experience.

That is what CC is about.

Robyn's thread has lot's of information about everything, not just the ship and crew.

The location of the pier, hotels, cabs and many other things that go with a cruise.

This thread is helpful in many more areas than just the ship, but San Juan itself and all

that it offers.

Others like myself have stayed in San Juan many, many times and can help cruisers in other ways.

I started going there for land vacations in the 1980's and my first cruise was out of there in 1989. And many, many more cruises out of there since that.

So, when I see people ask about a hotel or an area to stay in, I am more than happy to point out a hotel, a restaurant, a drug store, a super market, a map or any other place where I feel it may help their pre and post cruise experience.

That is what CC is about.

Yup, so how is the weather in San Juan today?;):D

Well, I did say very nice people :-)

Details about San Juan are not interesting to me because I'm sailing out of Malaga, Spain. Now if you want to give me details about hotels and transportation there, I wouldn't complain about that hijacking at all!

Details about San Juan are not interesting to me because I'm sailing out of Malaga, Spain. Now if you want to give me details about hotels and transportation there, I wouldn't complain about that hijacking at all!

Yes, we are a nice group. And we are the kind of people that you will find aboard Adventure.... at least when she is sailing out of San Juan!:p

I'm a really nice person too :D but I'm also sailing out of Malaga so the stuff relating to San Juan and the Caribbean ports isn't relevant to me either and it's a very big thread to read to find only the relevant stuff. Perhaps there should be 2 forums - one for the US route and one for the Med route ;)

Jolimont, perhaps when you get back you can post some of your experiences about the Med route on Adventure

I'm a really nice person too :D but I'm also sailing out of Malaga so the stuff relating to San Juan and the Caribbean ports isn't relevant to me either and it's a very big thread to read to find only the relevant stuff. Perhaps there should be 2 forums - one for the US route and one for the Med route ;)

Jolimont, perhaps when you get back you can post some of your experiences about the Med route on Adventure

Oh sure, I'll post a brief review. I'm not likely to tell you the names of staff or what exactly was on the menu, or the drink of the day, but I'll tell you my overall impression and things I wished I had known in advance. We need more European cruisers on CC is the thing!

I believe that part of the problem you are having is due to the fact that the AOS is just now beginning to sail from Europe. Until recently, she only sailed from San Juan.

I am sure that as time goes on, some of those passengers will post here, thus resolving some of your issues. ;)

I found this thread very helpful - if you read and don't find what you want - then start your own thread!

Everyone should have enough common sense to realize the thread was started at what date ??? and that will be sailing out of San Juan - therefore have information on that sailing.

Oh sure, I'll post a brief review. I'm not likely to tell you the names of staff or what exactly was on the menu, or the drink of the day, but I'll tell you my overall impression and things I wished I had known in advance. We need more European cruisers on CC is the thing!

Adventure just left San Juan and the Caribbean for the first time in her life. That is why there are zero comments about her European sailings. It as all brand new to everyone. Most of us are just counting the days.... until she comes back home.:D

Adventure just left San Juan and the Caribbean for the first time in her life. That is why there are zero comments about her European sailings. It as all brand new to everyone. Most of us are just counting the days.... until she comes back home.:D

Oh, I didn't realise she's never been in Europe before. That's yet another ship they've sent to Europe. As a European who likes sailing from the US (and have just had my Mariner cruise from LA cancelled), I'm beginning to think maybe there are enough ships and itineraries out of Europe and am not sure about all this :confused:

Hope you get your ship back soon - after we've sailed on her of course ;)

I found this thread very helpful - if you read and don't find what you want - then start your own thread!

Everyone should have enough common sense to realize the thread was started at what date ??? and that will be sailing out of San Juan - therefore have information on that sailing.

I think you have come up with a great idea.

Perhaps one of you cruising the Adventures European sailings could start a thread on Cruise Critic just for those sailings in Europe.

It would be very helpful to those who will be sailing her later on. I think to mix the two threads into one, would make it confusing for people who come on for the first time to read about the Adventure sailing from San Juan and Europe.

Different piers, different sailing times, different ports, different dining times, maybe a different menu.

I would think a newbie would really get rather confused.

Also, that is not the title of this thread Robyn started. It should be up to her. ;)

Oh, I didn't realise she's never been in Europe before. That's yet another ship they've sent to Europe. As a European who likes sailing from the US (and have just had my Mariner cruise from LA cancelled), I'm beginning to think maybe there are enough ships and itineraries out of Europe and am not sure about all this :confused:

Hope you get your ship back soon - after we've sailed on her of course ;)

Yeah, you have taken Independence and Adventure away from me. What are you going after next? And I keep writing on these boards about how much I love London and the British people.:eek:.....;):D:D

There will be a high of 90 and a low of 81. :D

San Juan always has beautiful weather. ;)

Yes, the weather is always beautiful in San Juan. Now maybe next we can talk about the forts or public transportation system. I just love a good thread hyjacking.:D:D:D

May I suggest you check for an AOS thread specific to your sailing date, as that will be the one where others on that sailing will be discussing particular ports, excursions, etc. You are welcome to comment on the ship & crew here as we do ... but we do chat alot about the Caribbean & San Juan as that seems to be the route most of us are using.

May I suggest you check for an AOS thread specific to your sailing date, as that will be the one where others on that sailing will be discussing particular ports, excursions, etc. You are welcome to comment on the ship & crew here as we do ... but we do chat alot about the Caribbean & San Juan as that seems to be the route most of us are using.

I did, several times, even posted to it. There's nobody there. When sailing in Europe the AOS is going to be full of Europeans (majority from Spain, some from France and Italy, some from the UK) and those who don't speak English don't come to CC, that is why those threads are so dead.

But those of us who do speak English, we would like to have info about AOS sailings from Barcelona and Malaga that is not drowned in dozens of pages of information about San Juan as Alexis rightly suggested. So I started a thread named All Things Adventure of the Seas ¡Olé! Edition that should cover that.

If we rely on roll call postings we will get no info, there are too few of us on any given sailings here. We need to aggregate information from all the English speakers that are going on Spain AOS sailings. Am I making sense?

I did, several times, even posted to it. There's nobody there. When sailing in Europe the AOS is going to be full of Europeans (majority from Spain, some from France and Italy, some from the UK) and those who don't speak English don't come to CC, that is why those threads are so dead.

But those of us who do speak English, we would like to have info about AOS sailings from Barcelona and Malaga that is not drowned in dozens of pages of information about San Juan as Alexis rightly suggested. So I started a thread named All Things Adventure of the Seas ¡Olé! Edition that should cover that.

If we rely on roll call postings we will get no info, there are too few of us on any given sailings here. We need to aggregate information from all the English speakers that are going on Spain AOS sailings. Am I making sense?

Yes I understood you. Maybe that thread will get more details you are interested in & who knows some of the folks on this thread my be sailing with you from Spain at some point & would also want that information. I must say ... the people I've met & travelled with using CC have been great. I'm hoping you'll find more CC participants with your new thread .. Feel free to post details about the ship/crew here as well. Enjoy your trip & safe travels.

Yes you are making sense.

It might take a while for people to see that thread and catch on to it, so even if you have to post on it yourself every day, do it.

I started a roll call for one of my cruises once and talked to myself everyday for quite awhile. :D

I hope it catches on like Robyn's AOS thread did and becomes just as popular.

I am sure all the cruisers from here will be very interested in learning about that new itinerary.

Ports, towns, tours, menus, crew, any changes on the ship and any other details one might be interested in.

Good Luck. ;)

Yes you are making sense.

It might take a while for people to see that thread and catch on to it, so even if you have to post on it yourself every day, do it.

I started a roll call for one of my cruises once and talked to myself everyday for quite awhile. :D

I hope it catches on like Robyn's AOS thread did and becomes just as popular.

I am sure all the cruisers from here will be very interested in learning about that new itinerary.

Ports, towns, tours, menus, crew, any changes on the ship and any other details one might be interested in.

Good Luck. ;)

Alexis,

Lets go hyjack the new thread!:eek::eek::D

Archived