Arriving in NYC on QV 13/1/08

cinta

Sailing into NY yesterday morning was amazing! Although they were no fireworks, the atmosphere was brilliant. QE2 was ahead & QM2 waited for us to pass before she went off to Brooklyn. We weren't expecting that & we were so close we could hear them shouting to us & cheering. I think it might have even topped the sailaway in Soton.

Sailing up the Hudson, eating in breakfast in the PG, whilst the sun rose was unbelievable!! A memory that will stay with me forever.

Yep, everyone we bought the photos of the QV playing scuba-diving!!

Fab time, now enjoying NYC herself.

A very grinny Sharon :D :D

Sailing into NY yesterday morning was amazing! Although they were no fireworks, the atmosphere was brilliant. QE2 was ahead & QM2 waited for us to pass before she went off to Brooklyn. We weren't expecting that & we were so close we could hear them shouting to us & cheering. I think it might have even topped the sailaway in Soton.

Sailing up the Hudson, eating in breakfast in the PG, whilst the sun rose was unbelievable!! A memory that will stay with me forever.

Yep, everyone we bought the photos of the QV playing scuba-diving!!

Fab time, now enjoying NYC herself.

A very grinny Sharon :D :D

Hi Sharon and Steve,

Missed you at the Cruisecritic get together. Were you in Princess Grill? I was at table 138, the very last table toward the aft. My waiters were David and Saso. Had a fantastic time, and it sounds like you did too.

Sharon,

I trust you appreciated the view going across? You did so much better than us on that one......

Matthew

Matthew, you are such a bitch!

It was lovely to see QE2, we have never seen her before.

Heavenly crossing &,yes, we bought 'THE' photos, that only our two ships experienced, although in a different way! We loved the ride.

Did you stay on in NY

We're in the Astoria (where else?-for us) & fly home on silverjet thursday.

Still hoping for snow:p

Sharon

Hi Sharon and Steve,

Missed you at the Cruisecritic get together. Were you in Princess Grill? I was at table 138, the very last table toward the aft. My waiters were David and Saso. Had a fantastic time, and it sounds like you did too.

So sorry we didn't get too meet you. Made too many friends too quickly! We were at 110, by the window opposite Prasaid & his stingy gel! We had Dinesh, Claudia & Joseph, the sommieler. Great team. What do you look like? We must have seen you. Are you staying in NY?

Did you get to see any of John Maxtone-graham's or Stephen Payne's lectures? Have to say, those theater seats are very comfortable! We had booked a box for the show on friday, shame it was cancelled due to the wobbly rehearsals! Re-QV's 'scuba diving' act!!! LOL. We loved the rollercoaster!

Sharon

Sull-raff

Missing your company big time!!! It was bloody freezing on deck last night!!!

Great group of CCers on TA crossing.

Kaz

Freezing isn't the word! We learnt to snuggle up from last time. The ice on the deck caught a few people out!

Sharon

So sorry we didn't get too meet you. Made too many friends too quickly! We were at 110, by the window opposite Prasaid & his stingy gel! We had Dinesh, Claudia & Joseph, the sommieler. Great team. What do you look like? We must have seen you. Are you staying in NY?

Did you get to see any of John Maxtone-graham's or Stephen Payne's lectures? Have to say, those theater seats are very comfortable! We had booked a box for the show on friday, shame it was cancelled due to the wobbly rehearsals! Re-QV's 'scuba diving' act!!! LOL. We loved the rollercoaster!

Sharon

This is a picture of our table in the Princess Grill. I'm in the foreground on the left. I live in NJ, so I was home in around 45 minutes after I disembarked. I attended all of John Maxtone Graham's lectures and all of Stephen Payne's, except the one on the QM2, since I had heard that on the QM2. I enjoyed the roller coaster too, and was sorry it didn't continue all the way across. Do you have any pictures?

p352695-USA-Table_in_Princess_Grill.JPG

Matthew, you are such a bitch!

I'm taking that as a compliment. I am my father's son!

We're at the W=A too - lovely view over Park Avenue. Fabio is next door with a view that is almost the same - our drawing room is on the corner, so we can see both down on to Park Avenue and along Park Avenue.....

Flying home tomorrow on Virgin. I'll be interested to hear what you make of Silverjet - especially if you have used Virgin Upper Class.

Matthew

I'm taking that as a compliment. I am my father's son!

We're at the W=A too - lovely view over Park Avenue. Fabio is next door with a view that is almost the same - our drawing room is on the corner, so we can see both down on to Park Avenue and along Park Avenue.....

Flying home tomorrow on Virgin. I'll be interested to hear what you make of Silverjet - especially if you have used Virgin Upper Class.

Matthew

We are looking out over Park Avenue & St Barts, lovely view.

We have done Upper Class a few times, we love it. We don't like BA clubworld, they try to make you sleep the minute you board! Hopefully Silverjet will live up to the hype. The price is unbelievable.

Fingers crossed, will let you know.

Sharon

This is a picture of our table in the Princess Grill. I'm in the foreground on the left. I live in NJ, so I was home in around 45 minutes after I disembarked. I attended all of John Maxtone Graham's lectures and all of Stephen Payne's, except the one on the QM2, since I had heard that on the QM2. I enjoyed the roller coaster too, and was sorry it didn't continue all the way across. Do you have any pictures?

p352695-USA-Table_in_Princess_Grill.JPG

We remember seeing you. Steve hasn't downloaded any pictures yet, I lethim do all the technical stuff:p

We are flying home on thursday so he might get it done then.

Sharon

glad you had a great timeb on victoria, unfortunatly i missed the qe2 as i was so ill. but make it over to new york to see the 3 queen arrive/depart. we you in 5096? if so did you have any pictures of your cabin? when do you fly home?

all the best

dave

Archived