Tahitian Princess

timeoflife

My finacee and I will be cruising the Tahitian Princess 2/8/08. This is our first cruise and are so looking forward to it!!!!! Can anyone tell me if Capri's are ok in the dinning room? Also we are doing 3 days in an OWB at the IC Tahiti before our cruise. Has anyone staying in an OWB there before? Can you tell me some more about it? Thanks!!!

The Tahitian Princess is my favorite ship. It is on the smaller side, but absolutely beautiful. The IC is awesome too. We spent a week there before boarding the ship. There are some great hammocks in the trees that are nice to lay in. Also, at about 10:00 am everyday (or some other schedule, the front desk will tell you) they feed the rays in the area by the owb.

Thanks for the info!! We will difently be checking out the ray feeding. We are both so excited!!! We fly to Vegas next weekend to get married and then our cruise is our honeymoon! I am almost packed already, it is all that I think about!

My finacee and I will be cruising the Tahitian Princess 2/8/08. This is our first cruise and are so looking forward to it!!!!! Can anyone tell me if Capri's are ok in the dinning room? Also we are doing 3 days in an OWB at the IC Tahiti before our cruise. Has anyone staying in an OWB there before? Can you tell me some more about it? Thanks!!!

We were there last Feb & stayed two days before & two after. Beautiful place & the owb are so nice. Important tip for eating at the IC: ask for the ala carte menu instead of going to the buffet. The buffet is VERY expensive & you can get at HUGE breakfast for 2 for about $20, there is no tipping in FP. Also, don't have sticker shock when you look into that little fridge LOL! A Kit Kat candy bar was $5.00!! Another thing we learned is to buy canned pop/soda at the bar--still a little expensive, but not near as much as in the room.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Jan

Have cruised twice on the TP and both times stayed at the IC in an OWB. You can snorkel or swim off the deck of the OWB. Breakfast can be delivered by land or, with more fanfare and price, by water in an outrigger canoe which is something to see. You can also swim/snorkel with the rays in the lagoon. IC is a great place to unwind before the cruise. Last time we stayed there we hardly left our OWB, it was so peaceful and so relaxing! Have a wonderful honeymoon and cruise.

Hey Shipscat ... haven't seen posts from you since the trip this summer!! Happy New Year!

I always say about meds ... "Better to have them and not need them than to need them and not have them." That said, we had everything (ginger tablets, ginger gum, Bonine, etc) and didn't use any of it on this past summer's Tahiti to Hawaii trip on the Tahitian Princess. We also loved the ship!!!

We were there last Feb & stayed two days before & two after. Beautiful place & the owb are so nice. Important tip for eating at the IC: ask for the ala carte menu instead of going to the buffet. The buffet is VERY expensive & you can get at HUGE breakfast for 2 for about $20, there is no tipping in FP. Also, don't have sticker shock when you look into that little fridge LOL! A Kit Kat candy bar was $5.00!! Another thing we learned is to buy canned pop/soda at the bar--still a little expensive, but not near as much as in the room.

Happy to answer any more questions.

Jan

Did you see any of the shows at the IC? We would like to go to the Wednesday show since we will miss the Friday night one as this is when we board the ship. Do you know if we need to make reservations for this and if so do we need to make them now or when we arrive which will be Tuesday at like 2am? Thanks!!!

Did you see any of the shows at the IC? We would like to go to the Wednesday show since we will miss the Friday night one as this is when we board the ship. Do you know if we need to make reservations for this and if so do we need to make them now or when we arrive which will be Tuesday at like 2am? Thanks!!!

We did not see the show, but I don't think you have to do anything that first night when checking in. the restaurant is quite large with plenty of tables, but you can probably do a pre reservation online if you are worried.

Jan

We did not see the show, but I don't think you have to do anything that first night when checking in. the restaurant is quite large with plenty of tables, but you can probably do a pre reservation online if you are worried.

Jan

Thanks!

Are you talking about the IC Papette--the show is about $100 per person--buffet style

Go early to the restaurant on the side--you will be looking at the show as if you were at one of the tables down front--This part of the restaurant is on your right if your back is to the pool--you can have a good dinner off the menu and watch the show--go early and sit up front--just like paying $100pp--but not paying it

Nancy

Are you talking about the IC Papette--the show is about $100 per person--buffet style

Go early to the restaurant on the side--you will be looking at the show as if you were at one of the tables down front--This part of the restaurant is on your right if your back is to the pool--you can have a good dinner off the menu and watch the show--go early and sit up front--just like paying $100pp--but not paying it

Nancy

Thank you! Yes we are staying at the IC Papette. We will have to keep that in mind.

You will have an amazing time! We went on our honeymoon on the TP and also stayed before the cruise at the IC Tahiti in an OWB. The OWB was private and romantic. The resort was beautiful (great pools!), and we loved snorkeling right off of our bungalow.

The cruise was incredible. We highly recommend going on a sunset sail (we went in Bora Bora, and it was the perfect addition to a honeymoon). The other highlights for us were Avea Beach in Huahine, an intro SCUBA dive in Bora Bora, and the drift snorkel in Tahaa.

The food on the ship was great. The food at the hotel was expensive, and in our opinion, not very impressive. If you don't want to eat every meal in the hotel, you can catch Le Truck into Papeete (the front desk of the hotel was helpful in pointing us in the right direction). We did go to Le Lotus for desserts and champagne late one evening, which was great.

You will have an amazing time! We went on our honeymoon on the TP and also stayed before the cruise at the IC Tahiti in an OWB. The OWB was private and romantic. The resort was beautiful (great pools!), and we loved snorkeling right off of our bungalow.

The cruise was incredible. We highly recommend going on a sunset sail (we went in Bora Bora, and it was the perfect addition to a honeymoon). The other highlights for us were Avea Beach in Huahine, an intro SCUBA dive in Bora Bora, and the drift snorkel in Tahaa.

The food on the ship was great. The food at the hotel was expensive, and in our opinion, not very impressive. If you don't want to eat every meal in the hotel, you can catch Le Truck into Papeete (the front desk of the hotel was helpful in pointing us in the right direction). We did go to Le Lotus for desserts and champagne late one evening, which was great.

Thank you!!! We are welcoming all tips and suggestions as this is our first cruise!! It's below zero here in MN now, I so wish we were in Tahiti right NOW!!!!!

Archived