RCCL Meet and Mingle

melgray13

The organized part of the M&M doesn't last long. A host will be present to get things started. A drawing will be held to dispense some ship stuff, beverages ie: coffee, tea and juice will be available as well as danish and perhaps finger sandwiches. After about 20 mins or so you are on your own to mingle.

My experience over the last 12 or 13 cruises is the party is going to be what you, the Rollcall group, make of it. You get to know each other, exchange email/info, plan when to meet again at the bars;) ... etc.

Also, the larger the group, the better the party. When we have had rollcalls with only 30 or 40 people registered for the party, then it seems that the ship-staff don't put much into setting up. But, when the rollcalls have produced 90 or 100 or more registered for the party, then more staff members show up and the parties are laid out better. This also depends on the ship.

We had one party with 120 people registered (GREAT ROLLCALL TOO), and the party lasted for an hour and a half. The Ambassador, the Assist.C.D., and even one of the officers from the bridge showed up and made a speech. They also sent the ship's photographer and took Group Pictures. It was great!

Hope This Helps.

My roll call for the Brilliance Panama Canal was fantastic. We had so many people talking that we knew we couldn't wait until the 3 rd day of the cruise for the official one that we had our own on day one. It was a blast and we got on the ship having a ton of "friends" sailing with us.

We had 80+ show up for the M & M, the Captain and the computer officer for the ship showed too, plus the CD and several other officers. I had started the roll call and several weeks before I emailed corporate and asked them to invite the Captain and staff on my behalf and they came through for us. It really made it extra special.

The people on the roll call are also who made it. We had games that helped everyone mingle and figure out who was who.

My next roll call, we even has our own website (thanks Sandy) and is the most incredible group that I have had the pleasure of getting to know. We have a ton of extremely seasoned cruisers and at 13 cruisers I am a newbie. They are a wealth of knowledge and I can't wait to meet them in person.

Archived