Must See The Patriots This Sunday!!!!

Leaving on FOS this Sunday. When I booked the cruise I thought THE game - That's the AFC Championship Game - would surely be the second game at 6:30 PM. Unfortunately FOX gets the second game - which is the Packers - Giants. So, 2 questions. #1. Will the game still be on while the ship is in port? #2. If so, what time is the Muster Drill? Anyway to keep watching the game if it occurs during? Keep in mind that this game is clearly more important than any event I will experience next week. Thanks!!!

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do not worry! THE PATS WILL WIN!!!! Not only that, the weather here in Boston is supposed to be a high of 19 degrees on Sunday when the game starts. Don't think the San Diego Chargers will be used to playing in that type of cold weather.

I'm very confident that Tom Brady will work his magic once again!!!

HeatherC

We had a similar situation sailing on Freedom a couple years ago. It was the World Cup championship game. This is actually a pretty good story.....

It was broadcast all over the ship and we were watching it in the Schooner Bar along with several dozen other people. It should have been done well before muster so we were ok. The problem came when the game went into overtime.......then double overtime.......then people were anxious as muster time was approaching, overtime kept continuing.....and people were sending their spouses/kids back to their cabins to get their lifejackets. I kid you not, the game finished less than 15-30 seconds before the drill occured and they cut the feed of the game. There would have been a ship full of irate people if the game had gone any longer. I'm not a huge soccer person, but it was so much fun being caught up in the moment of will the game end before muster. You could cut the tension with a knife in those final seconds.

That being said, you'll have to go to muster, they'll cut the feed, but the good news is that the game starts at 3, so you won't miss the end.

Oh yeah, and Go Pats!!!! :D

Last year on my Adventure of the Seas cruise they held the muster drill the next morning (not the afternoon when everyone first boards as they usually do) because the Patriots game was on and there were so many New Englanders on board who were frantic they would miss out. I think the rule is that they have to hold the drill within 24 hours after the ship departs, so the next morning for the drill was no big deal. However, it was a sea day for us, so for you it may depend on your itinerary. Not only was the game on all the TV's in the bars, but it was also on in our staterooms! Keep your fingers crossed that something similar will happen to you.

Last year on my Adventure of the Seas cruise they held the muster drill the next morning (not the afternoon when everyone first boards as they usually do) because the Patriots game was on and there were so many New Englanders on board who were frantic they would miss out. I think the rule is that they have to hold the drill within 24 hours after the ship departs, so the next morning for the drill was no big deal. However, it was a sea day for us, so for you it may depend on your itinerary. Not only was the game on all the TV's in the bars, but it was also on in our staterooms! Keep your fingers crossed that something similar will happen to you.

I was going to suggest this, because I have heard of this being done before. Maybe the OP will get lucky.

I was on FOS last year for the AFC and NFC championships -- same deal as you. We had not problem seeing the games... note that there are no commercials -- its really odd. You just get game feed. So when there is a TV timeout you just watch whatever is going on in the stadium.

I went to Gillette this year for Pats-Skins game... beautiful stadium... bad bad game for me.

I hope the Pats win this weekend then get blown out by old man Farve in the SB.... I will be on LOS for the SB!! Go PACK!

Last year we did the Muster drill just before the start of the NFC game...after the drill my husband took the life jackets back and I ran down to the on air club for seats. A lot of Bears fans came down with their life jackets. The AFC game was during dinner time (late seating) we went to dinner when the Pats were winning then heard the Colts were coming back and bolted out of dinner! ha ha ha

I was on FOS last year for the AFC and NFC championships -- same deal as you. We had not problem seeing the games... note that there are no commercials -- its really odd. You just get game feed. So when there is a TV timeout you just watch whatever is going on in the stadium.

I went to Gillette this year for Pats-Skins game... beautiful stadium... bad bad game for me.

I hope the Pats win this weekend then get blown out by old man Farve in the SB.... I will be on LOS for the SB!! Go PACK!

Amen!!!

Archived