Caribbean Princess only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Is it necessary to pay $34.00 pp for the Governor's Beach excursion on Grand Turk? Would we be able to get there ourselves for free? Meaning, is the 34 bucks paying for the "complimentary drink" and beach chair, or is it also paying for transportation that would not otherwise be available to us to get there?

Not necessary at all.

There are cabs waiting outside Margaritaville -

$6 cab ride to Governor’s Beach. Chair rental $5. Shade under trees. Nice beach with a great view. You’re not looking at a Cruise ship while on the beach. Not great for snorkeling.

I have been studying the deck plans on the CB. I have been on the Golden and I see a lot of similarities, although i know the CB is bigger. One thing that puzzles me - what is the difference between the Caribe Cafe & the Horizon Court?

The Caribbean is only bigger in height. It has one extra deck (Riviera) and 500 more people. The lengths are both 951 feet.

Bill

Thanks! Does it offer a different selection than the Horizon Court?

Yes! What I remember, each night they served something different - Mexican, Chinese, American, Sushi, Caribbean specialties, really good selection.

We ate breakfast and lunch in the Horizon Court/Café Caribe daily and for the dinner we ate in the main area. But, one evening we were running late and decided to eat in the Caribe. They were serving tiny lamb chops that were out of this world. I hope they will be serving them again on our next CB cruise....:p We also make it a point to dine there for the Seafood Buffet... :p

How many outlets are in a cabin? Can I plug in my hair dryer and curling iron at the same time? Or do I need to bring a multiple outlet plug?

I never bring a plug. There are enough outlets. Two by the desk, behind the television, bathroom.

Brooklyn is a Borough of NYC since right before 1900 A.D. The Ships of most Carnival Ships..Princess... Cunard etc.. leave from the old Salt Pier 12 in the Red Hook Section there across from the Original Dutch Settlement which founded Nieuw Amsterdam. Princess and Cunard are in the same facilities now, all the way in California. Gov.'s Island will now be open too. The National Park System can be contacted for more details...:D

Maam as per your S/N portends , yes the more outlets the better. Having a Surge/VR is wise too as Voltages do fluctuate aboard most ships as well :eek:

How many outlets are in a cabin? Can I plug in my hair dryer and curling iron at the same time? Or do I need to bring a multiple outlet plug?

Does the CB's library have a good selection of books? Is there an attendant, or is it an open, honor system?

I am a bookcrosser (see www.bookcrossing.com for more info) and I'm especially interested in whether or not there is an area of the library where we can leave books we've finished reading for someone else to pick up? On RCI ships, there was a shelf or two dedicated for this purpose. But on the Carnival ship we were on, all the library's bookshelves were locked and there was an attendant with whom you had to check out the books, and the attendant did not allow you to leave behind any of your own books for someone else to pick up.

Are there specific hours that you are allowed to use the pools or are they 24-hours? The last time I sailed Princess, I could've sworn I went in them really late at night.

When I went on Carnival, they put netting over the pools at about 7:30, and I *hated* that! :(

Are there specific hours that you are allowed to use the pools or are they 24-hours? The last time I sailed Princess, I could've sworn I went in them really late at night.

We have seen pax using the pool late in the evening.

When I went on Carnival, they put netting over the pools at about 7:30, and I *hated* that! :(

The pools are open till 11 or 12. :)

Archived