Caribbean Princess only Questions! Post 'em Here!

ShoMeChiefsFan

Friends of ours decided to go with us on the April 20th sailing...They got a great cabin I feel, since they booked a lot later than we did...The Cabin is B 751....Aft, and you can see the wake of the ship which I think is super..They were told that this cabin is "obstructed" viw or 'partially" obstructed'..Would this be the lifeboats?? Foes anyone have specific info on this cabin???hanks

Friends of ours decided to go with us on the April 20th sailing...They got a great cabin I feel, since they booked a lot later than we did...The Cabin is B 751....Aft, and you can see the wake of the ship which I think is super..They were told that this cabin is "obstructed" viw or 'partially" obstructed'..Would this be the lifeboats?? Foes anyone have specific info on this cabin???hanks

I do not think it is the lifeboats; it is a beam that goes across the balcony part. If you go back on page 1 and where the Search this Forum is just put in B751 and all sorts of info comes up about that cabin. Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Does anyone know about how long it takes to disembark the ship when in St Thomas? We would like to try and be off as early as possible when the CB docks in Crown Bay, and grab a taxi to Red Hook. I had read about clearing immigration when there. Thanks, Jax:)
It does not take long at all. If I remember correctly, inspection began at 7:15 and those passengers who had morning tours were the first to attend. At 7:45 and each half hour after that, passengers from the top decks down (two decks at a time) were to report to Club Fusion.

IF one wanted to try the restaurants which night would be the best night to this, with out missing a good meal, and what i mean by this is the regular dining room is serving Lobster/Crab, etc this night...so i would not want to miss this portion.

Any suggestions from the previous cruisers on which night would be best?

Would like to try both restaurants!

Out of the 2 restaurants which one would you suggest eating at first?

IF one wanted to try the restaurants which night would be the best night to this, with out missing a good meal, and what i mean by this is the regular dining room is serving Lobster/Crab, etc this night...so i would not want to miss this portion.

Any suggestions from the previous cruisers on which night would be best?

Would like to try both restaurants!

Out of the 2 restaurants which one would you suggest eating at first?

As far as missing a meal it all depends on your food tastes.

I have done Sabatinis several times, I don't care for it that much, too long and too much of the food that I don't really care for.

So I would do Crown Grill first. :)

It does not take long at all. If I remember correctly, inspection began at 7:15 and those passengers who had morning tours were the first to attend. At 7:45 and each half hour after that, passengers from the top decks down (two decks at a time) were to report to Club Fusion.

Thanks Roe2ship. One more question, just wondering on how they know what deck you are from. Do they check your cards? Or do you think people just go down there regardless? Just wondered how they keep track of who is doing what when disembarking. Jax:)

Absolutley, I ordered the live Maine lobster (split and grilled) with rack of lamb, and a small filet.

Had mussels for starters.

I know I sound like a pig, but I ate it all and boy was it good!! :)

So if I go to the Crown Grill when I first board, can I make reservations there and will they have the dining room menus so I can see which night I would want to skip and reserve the Crown Grill?

Thanks Roe2ship. One more question, just wondering on how they know what deck you are from. Do they check your cards? Or do you think people just go down there regardless? Just wondered how they keep track of who is doing what when disembarking. Jax:)
You know come to think of it, I don't remember showing our cards, but I am not positive. Enjoy your cruise.:)

So if I go to the Crown Grill when I first board, can I make reservations there and will they have the dining room menus so I can see which night I would want to skip and reserve the Crown Grill?

I don't know about tem having the dining room menus but you can go there on the first day to make a res. :)

K, maybe I am a little s l o w...but has anyone been able to find any traveler pictures of the cabins or the ship on the boards? I have searched but with little luck. Any threads to share with pics?

TIA! (Thanks In Advance!)

Amanda:)

Here are some great pics. :D

http://www.princessshutter.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=1

Our 1st experience with Princess...trying to follow the threads, but you can choose to do the dining room (which we have opted for ealry seating) but also choose another restaurant? With RCCL we had to pay xtra for any thing outside the dining room for a dinner? Am I understanding this is different? And if so, did the reservations need to be made days in advance or something you do with pre-boarding?

Thank you.

Our 1st experience with Princess...trying to follow the threads, but you can choose to do the dining room (which we have opted for ealry seating) but also choose another restaurant? With RCCL we had to pay xtra for any thing outside the dining room for a dinner? Am I understanding this is different? And if so, did the reservations need to be made days in advance or something you do with pre-boarding?

Thank you.

If you choose to go to the "specialty" restaurants which is Sabatini's or Sterling's, there is a charge. Sabatini's is $20.00pp and Sterling's is $15.00pp. After drydock, Sterling's will be the Crown Grill and that charge is $25.00pp. The reservations can be made the first day you board the ship. They usually accept reservations in front of Sabatini's between 1:00 and 4:00 and there is a line already before that time.

Can anyone give any insight as to the childrens program on this ship...Am considering sailing with my 9yr old, and am wondering if it's "kid friendly"...Would love to hear from anyone who has sailed with kids in this general age group, and did they enjoy it...Thank!!

Archived