Drycleaning on Maasdam

luvcruisn'

Just returned and was very dissappointed with cleaning. The dry cleaner was broken and laundry returns left much nto be desired. Lost three shirts to bad results. Even though we were in a suite I would not use again.

Just returned and was very dissappointed with cleaning. The dry cleaner was broken and laundry returns left much nto be desired. Lost three shirts to bad results. Even though we were in a suite I would not use again.

What kind of bad results? We are on the Maasdam in June and were hoping to pack lighter and use the suite perk of free laundry/cleaning.

Thanks for any details you can offer!

We have had very good luck with dry cleaning and laundry on HAL.

Here is the price list:

http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/laundry.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Two questions. 1. I read something about a fixed price for a bag of laundry. do they not do that anymore? This list seems ala carte.

2. who pays $2 to get a pair of socks washed? And for that matter why is one bikini $3 and a pair of socks $2? My socks are bigger than most bikinis I think.

Two questions. 1. I read something about a fixed price for a bag of laundry. do they not do that anymore? This list seems ala carte.

2. who pays $2 to get a pair of socks washed? And for that matter why is one bikini $3 and a pair of socks $2? My socks are bigger than most bikinis I think.

there are three ways to purchase laundry services:

1) by the piece

2) by the bag

3) by the cruise

Prices for 2 and 3 will vary by ship and itinerary....

Can anyone get dry cleaning done, or just suite pax?

Anyone. HAL ships are egalitarian, unlike some cruise lines. Well, as long as you're willing to pay! ;)

And as long as the dry cleaner machine is working. It's been known to happen that the machine breaks down and can't be fixed for the entire cruise. Now, that's truly rare, but I wouldn't bring dirty clothes with the assumption they can be cleaned once on board. :eek:

Yikes!! I'm boarding the Maasdam in one week. When were you on board? What did they do to your shirts? Laundered or dry cleaning? Any explanations provided to you? Thanks.

We returned 1/15. Three white t type shirts were bright yellow from laundry.. Pressing only was sloppily done if at all. Dry cleaning was returned the second day as their machine was broken for the remainder of the 10 day cruise.. Silk blouses were faded and unwearable.

Archived