For the Perry Grant enthusiasts

Keith Rita

Perry started a 2 week vacation Feb 1st so he should be back at the piano Feb 15th.

I have heard so many positive comments on Perry. Will he be on the Constellation through the summer? What time is he "at the piano?" (starting/ending times would be appreciated). Is he there every night?

I was wondering if we needed to change our dining time to catch him.

He played theater on Connie. I left after 1st song. Terrible, belongs on HAL.

TBN Hubby here...

If you would have stayed, you may have been presented with a small gourd and a spray of disinfectant, as I was. He was not pleased when I told him the cows destroyed the gate on our "gated community".

:D:D:D

Does anyone know for sure how old Perry is? I know he jokes a lot about plastic surgery, etc...and some of the photo's on the mantel in Michael's Club are from the 60's.........

On a recent Connie cruise, a friend of mine asked 4 different CC employees this question.....He got responses ranging from 38 to 74 !!!!

TBN Hubby here...

If you would have stayed, you may have been presented with a small gourd and a spray of disinfectant, as I was. He was not pleased when I told him the cows destroyed the gate on our "gated community".

:D:D:D

I guess I was lucky I rec'd two huge gourds from Perry on our Panama sailing last December. I have only a 2 bedroom home but have a outdoor hot tub, stainless steel fridge and a built in microwave. When I told him I not my husband was the one to replace our formica countertop with granite I guess he figured I deserved it.

We loved him and wish he were on our next sailing. We saw him only for 2 nights on our 2005 Connie sailing as he had to go back to England to clear up some visa paperwork. I was soooo glad to spend 14 days enjoying his entertainment recently.

happy sailings

Claudette

Would someone explain this gourd thing? Thanks. ;)

Part of his shtick. He has a collection of various size gourds. These are etched or painted in various ways. He calls on audience members and asks them about their homes and such.

Gated communities, marble top kitchens, and various 'fancy' details are part of the routine. The more elaborate your home the larger the gourd you are 'awarded'. If you don't meet his high standards you are awarded a much smaller gourd and perhaps a spray of 'disinfectant' as you leave.

It isn't really the answers, it is his reactions that make the routine funny.

You have to be there :D:D

First, the times: Perry plays almost every night in Michael's Club, from 7:30 to 8:45 and again from 9:45 to midnight, I believe. I think the ending time listed is earlier than midnight. On our 14-day, he did one show in the Celebrity Theatre (he was fabulous) and he also participated in the Liar's Club show one night.

I believe Perry was born in the mid-50s. This would, of course, put his age in the mid-50s.

Mr. B. and I enjoyed Perry so much that we still often quote Perry, to each other. It reminds me of when my kids were small (35+ years ago) and we would quote the kids, to each other. We did the same thing with our grandkids. You can see in what high esteem we consider Perry!!!

As I have mentioned someplace else, even though Perry is happy-go-lucky and truly tickles our funny bone in his own unique way, he also does "serious" like a true professional. Sometimes it is required, and to me, he hit exactly the right tone and committed exactly the appropriate amount of time to it. Perry is just an outstanding entertainer, for so many of us.

Why do folks who are not Perry fans bother to read this thread? I surely do not get THAT, at ALL.

On our Connie cruise last August Perry started performing at 7:45pm. We arrived at 7:30 to make sure we got a seat. On our 14 night trip he performed 12 nights-one of them in the main showroom. When the late seating diners started to get up to go to dinner Perry made us sit down. "I'll tell you when you can leave." When he deems it time he lets us go while making piggy noises. If you can't laugh at yourself, don't go to see Perry.

After late dinner it is very crowded in Michael's Club- you have to hang around standing against the wall and wait for someone to leave to get a seat. Later in the evening when someone gets up to go, Perry tells them to sit down. "Wait 11 minutes, you can wait 11 minutes can't you? You're tired- how do you think I feel?" None of this sounds particularly funny, but believe me, it is. We laughed our way across the Baltic.

I just returned from the January 17 to Jan 31 Panama cruise. Had heard about Perry. He did not perform the first night. Second night, my sister and I caught his second show (9:45 to late) in Michael's Club. I laughed myself silly, sides hurt. We sat in the front row. Next night, we sat further back, and he called to us, Up Here girls, and up we went to the front row.

After that, I don't think we missed either nightly show. Sacrificed the dining room, grabbed dinner in the Buffet between his two shows. Yup, we were hooked and were as they say "Perrified", and at our age, (never mind what age) we were groupies. His piano playing, his choice of great standards, his voice, his hilarious banter with the bartender and the waiter, his gift of connecting with so many of the audience made for a wonderful evening.

It's hard to describe the atmosphere in the room. You really have to be there. We are still in withdrawal. He made the cruise for us and that is no small tribute, as the cruise was really nice.

I did not get to turn the small ball on or off, ( and I DO have granite surfaces), but felt such a lift being in the room with him. He is an amazing, sweet, talanted and outrageuosly funny person.

Still trying to get the $6 reward for throwing intimate apparrel onstage and yelling for an encore.

Looking to book again, just to see him in action. He returns to Connie Feb 14.

I bought Perry's New DVD, Perry Grant Live "In Concert". Wow, what a great tape. (bought right after his theatre event). I hope you bought one too?

We have sailed with Perry many times in the past, and his cabaret type shows in Michaels Club are entertaining. He called Tom up to turn on the lights, asked him the questions, and gave him a medium gourd.

We plan to sail next year on the Connie, and I hope he will be there.

Yes, I bought the DVD combo of his Caberet show (Rondevous Lounge) and the concert in Celebrity theater, as well as his CD which is in my car and I hear it when driving. And my sister has the CD and the Concert. I think we've got it covered. What an entertainer!

Archived