Anyone want to join me??

MiamiNicole

Hey! I tried to post yesterday but had problems with the computer. We survived the househunting trip (just barely:eek: ) it was the most stressful week of my life. It is crazy there. One house I liked had 21 offers in. YOu have to offer at least 10 or 20 k over asking price to even start!! We got really lucky, our realtor had another realtor in his office whose clients buyers backed out, and they did not want to go thru it again so we got it without competing!! I am so glad it is over with. I did not excercise or diet the whole week, so I am back to it now. How is it going with you? Still doing WW? Connie

Yes, I've heard that about that area. We have friends that live in Woodbridge, VA and we were just talking about housing there the other day. Prices are just insane!

Yes, still doing ww and really trying to get back on track this week. My daughter is having some marital problems, moved out and living with Dad. Stress makes me want to eat crap. It's an ugly situation and I am worried about her. But, I think she'll be fine as long as she sticks to her guns.

Ann, Sorry to hear about your daughters marital problems. I hope things work out for her! I know what you mean about stress wanting to make you eat crap. I wish I was one of those people that don't eat when they are stressed! I would loose weight everytime we moved! Connie

Good Morning! We are moving to Springfield. The schools are supposed to be really good there, my oldest is starting high school:eek: So far this week I am doing alot better with the points, but it still is a big struggle, I don't know what is going on with me!! My cruise is in 2 months, I am running out of time. Well, gotta run. Have a good day. Connie

I have new resolve today! My weight is 139.8 and I am at 21% bodyfat. That's up 6 pounds from my low of 133. Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to do weightloss points until I reach 135 then I'll go to maintenance. Last time I did that, I dropped to 129 on maintenance! This first week will be hard because of the sugar decrease. I'll be here whining alot!

Is Springfield in Maryland or Virginia?

Sounds like a plan! I was doing good all week, but last night I had a breakdown, I had ice cream, and I even sprinkled choc. chips on top:eek: But my tom is in a day or two!! Springfield is in Virginia. I am going to the basement in a few minutes to start going thru junk to get rid of!! Connie

I did great yesterday, but today was another story. I had a wedding shower to go to after doing a 10 mile race in the most horrendous conditions you can imagine. I just couldn't stop eating today. I'll be back on track tomorrow though.

Have fun with that sorting and packing!

I am getting frustrated!! I just get seem to get control. I am not doing really bad, but not really good:eek: My husband is gone all week, maybe that will help me if I don't have to fix as many good meals!! At least you are still running, I haven't even been to good with the excercise. I will keep trying!!

Yeah! I know! I was so good all winter and now I'm having a tough time with it too. But, I did good yesterday, used all my points but didn't go over. Today, I'm hoping for day 2.

You know, we both have alot of stress in our lives right now and that probably makes us want to throw the diet out the window. You are getting ready for a major move, I'm helping my daughter out of an abusive marriage. So, while I think we should keep trying to stay on the straight and narrow, we also need to cut ourselves some slack. If the pounds stay on a few extra weeks, it won't be the end of the world.

(You know, I'm preaching to myself more than you right now!)

I need some preaching too! I really hope things work out for your daughter. I have a new resolve today. It is exactly 2 months to my cruise, it is now or never!! I got a new book with workouts for women, I am going to try one, you combine walking or running with circuit training (all can be done in your home) it sounds good and has me motivated. Good job staying within your points!! I wonder what happened to everyone else on this thread, I guess we were boring:D

I suppose they got busy.

Sorry it's been so long since I've checked in. I was pretty good on points last week except Friday and Saturday, but I'm back down to 135.8 which is good.

Things have gone from bad to worse for my daughter. I've hired her an attorney and I think things will get expensive. We just have to pray she gets through this and all is well.

The excersize tapes sound good. It's good to be able to get in your workout without having to get to a gym. Especially when you have alot going on.

Gotta go!

Hi Ann, Sorry to hear it is getting worse for your daughter. At least she has a great mom to help her thru! I have been doing better, still struggling. Glad your weight is down. We had the big garage sale yesterday and made over $700, I was surprised. They have it every year on the base and people come from different states for it. My neighbor said people were out befor 5 AM. I got up at 6 and had a steady flow until about 4:00. It was crazy but fun. Well, gotta get to work, I will check in tomorrow. Connie

Thought it was neat that I too was on the Royale 1986 Oceanic 1987 April both years. Then did Disney. Never did the Atlantic. I am assume we post weight here each week or month?

Cruise ships have sure changed since the Royale and Oceanic days!! We used to post our weight every Sunday, but we kindof stopped. I am game to start again, maybe it will help:D What is a good day for you? Connie

Welcome Aboard!! Thursday works for me, I like it better than Sunday. My cruise is June 26th, so it is getting close. I have been staying at the same weight for months, between 164 and 167, it is time to get serious. I have started a new program combining running and walking, gradually increasing the running part, so I am heading out now to get it over with:D Connie

Did I tell you the story about going to the out island. ( still have my splash down t-shirt) That was when they anchored close to Salt Cay. On the way back the wind and surf was so strong we could hardly make it back to ship. They had a gangplank from tender to ship. After 3 trys they turned the ship to block the wind. We crawled across the gangplank to get back on ship. We were on the third deck of the tender. AS each persom made it back the passengers on deck would cheer. When I got back I cheered too.The next year on the Oceanic they tendered us from Nassau. I don't guess they ever anchored off shore again for that trip. Jerry Van Dyke was on the tender. Needless to say he was late for his show that night as we were an hour and half late. That was after we got back to the ship but could not get abroad. That would have been early April 1986

PS My goal 215 by Jan 1 2006

Archived