Harrys Reservation question

kruisecat

Just a quick question from all of you experienced Liberty cruisers! We will be traveling with friends on the 1/27 Liberty sailing (9 days - yeah!!) and last week I made a reservation for Harrys Supper Club (thanks to the link provided here) and have not heard anything back. I'm just curious as to how reliable that link is and if I don't receive a confirmation email will that mean that I do not have a reservation? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Have no fear. It can take a few weeks, maybe even a bit longer to get the confirmation.

I've talked to Roberto, the fine gentleman who put the site together, and he said that the system is making reservations but some of the confirmations get dropped. The reservations are done manually, which must be a bit of a pain. They are working on automating the system to make it easier on all involved.

Bottom line, if you don't receive your confirmation prior to sailing, once you board head to the Formalities shop on the Promenade Deck in the Atrium area and inquire there. I'm betting you'll be on the list!

Have a fantastic cruise!

Mach

Just a quick question from all of you experienced Liberty cruisers! We will be traveling with friends on the 1/27 Liberty sailing (9 days - yeah!!) and last week I made a reservation for Harrys Supper Club (thanks to the link provided here) and have not heard anything back. I'm just curious as to how reliable that link is and if I don't receive a confirmation email will that mean that I do not have a reservation? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks!!

:cool: :cool: Hi - I booked Harry's early December and had not heard back from them. Contacted Carnival and through much research was told that the confirmation will be in my cabin, that I would NOT be sent an email confirmation and not to worry. In the meantime I had rebooked, so hopefully they will pick up on this. Have you ever been to Harry's, awesome experience (we've done Nick and Nora's and can't wait) Make sure not to eat for a few hours before, or eat light if you have to. And look at about 2 to 21/2 hour experience. Also, check out the menu - it is fantastic. Cindy:cool: :cool:

thanks guys! I know I can always count on my CC friends to get me the info I need.

No Cindy I have not been to Harrys before. Actually this is our first Carnival cruise and we're very excited to have the entire experience!!

thanks again :)

:cool: :cool: Hi - I booked Harry's early December and had not heard back from them. Contacted Carnival and through much research was told that the confirmation will be in my cabin, that I would NOT be sent an email confirmation and not to worry. In the meantime I had rebooked, so hopefully they will pick up on this. Have you ever been to Harry's, awesome experience (we've done Nick and Nora's and can't wait) Make sure not to eat for a few hours before, or eat light if you have to. And look at about 2 to 21/2 hour experience. Also, check out the menu - it is fantastic. Cindy:cool: :cool:

Yeah... the email would actually be generated by Roberto and look a lot like the reservation site does. It doesn't come from the ship.

Hopefully, the automation will be done soon and confirmations will happen on a more timely basis. Having said that, Roberto and John Heald deserve a huge THANK YOU for putting that site together for us.

thanks guys! I know I can always count on my CC friends to get me the info I need.

No Cindy I have not been to Harrys before. Actually this is our first Carnival cruise and we're very excited to have the entire experience!!

thanks again :)

:cool: :cool: Welcome to the world of cruising, you will make such good friends and connections. You are in for such a treat. You are treated so well, eat so well and entertained, they don't know if you are from the Interior on 1 or from a Suite on 12. We have actually booked Interior before as you are hardly ever in your room, and it can save you big bucks, this time we got a balcony.

As for Harry's the whole experience is a 5 star, slow paced, wonderful wait staff, calming ambiance. Do not have to go formal but I always dress up a little. You'll have to let us know how it went. We are sailing Feb 16 and can't wait. :cool: :cool:

We are going on the Liberty 3/1 for the 8 day cruise. Our anniversary is that week & I'd like to make reservations for that night. I don't see the link below to make reservations. Can someone repost that? I don't see an option online to do it under the supper club in "My Reservation" on the Carnival site. Thanks!!

I may be a little late in doing this, but I just made reservations for Valentine's night on the Miracle for our sailing on Feb. 11th which is 3 weeks away, think I have a chance of getting it, or are you guessing that it would be filled up with reservations by now? I saw where Machman said to go to the formalities shop once onboard to check about the list, wouldn't you just go to or call the supper club?

Go straight ahead and there should be a young woman taking reservations to the left hand side of the bar in the atrium area as you enter the Liberty.

It is the best 30.00 pp you can spend, the service is superb. We tipped 20.00. Enjoy a 7 course meal consisting of the complementary sample, appetizer, soup, salad, entree, dessert and post dessert, which we took back to our cabin. It consisted of dark and white chocolate truffles, a raspberry on top of a small pistachio cookie and fresh pineapple chunks....it was a nice upgrade over the chocolate square before going to bed.

I would recommend the caesar salad prepared tableside, the lobster bisque, the porterhouse steak and the creamed spinach with garlic. My wife enjoyed the sushi appetizer. All in all, it's a fabulous meal.

We made reservations for our cruise last September and I brought a copy of my e-mail confirmation with us when we went to Harry's. Good thing, because they had no reservation for us. They seated us right away & said sometimes they don't get the information. It was fabulous, but I would confirm once you board, and bring your confirmation with you.

Machman -

I am just curious. Do you have any idea how many reservations they get for a particular ship before the sail date?? We certainly talk about it alot here - and I just wonder how many reservations are made through the on line option.

Ya' know, I don't have a clue. I'll have to ask Roberto...

I DO know that we Cruise Critic members typically make up less than two percent of the population of a Carnival cruise... Pretty remarkable when you think about it.

So, bottom line, not many folks know about the reservation site and most of those that do are CC members!

I'll let you know what I hear from Roberto.

I will be on the liberty 3-9 what is Harrys hear alot about it .

It is the Supper Club on the Liberty. A very nice alternative restaurant - and there is a 30.00/pp charge for dinner. You have to make reservations that can be made online before you - or you can make then once your board the ship.

I will be on the liberty 3-9 what is Harrys hear alot about it .

Harry's is the reservations only supper club. There is a $30/pp charge and it's worth three times that, at least.

This is a dining experience, not dinner. Expect to spend two to three hours to enjoy it properly. The service is fantastic, the service amazing and equal to pretty much any land based, high end steak house you'll find anywhere.

Do yourself a favor, make a reservation and savor one of the better meals you'll ever enjoy.

I made reservations for the supper club on the Spirit last week, and i did notice that it said something about allowing at least 7 days before getting a confirmation. I sort of assumed that that is most likely a piece of information they send to the ship while it is in port and then the confirmations are sent back next time they are in port. Since I made the reservation when the ship was actually here last time, I don't expect to hear anything for at least 2 weeks. I'm viewing this as kind of a courtesy "We're trying to help you out" type of thing rather than a solid reservation gaurantee type of thing. If they get it fine, if not, we'll remake the reservations when we get on board. It's not that big a deal really. It's not like it HAS to be done ahead of time. Although I'm sure that some people on this board will scream for OBC if their confirmation isn't back to them ahead of time! ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Host Mach,

Reading this post I was hoping you could help me. I am getting married at St Thomas on April 1st, 2008 and have 35 guests travelling with us. My travel agent was supposed to book Harry's for us for that evening and he just came back to me saying the Harry's will only accomodate half of us and then one hour later the other half can be accomodated. I looked online and the capacity is 88 people so I don't understand why for my wedding night dinner they would do that to me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cathy

Archived