Mariner Horizon Suite vs. Seven Seas Aft?

Coastal Jewel

Any thoughts or comments on difference (except that Seven Seas is more expensive)? Special occasion so what the heck. We will be on cruise to Alaska. We are worried that Horizon Suite will have limited views, and Seven Seas Aft will give us side and rear views.

Thx.

We had a Horizon Suite on the Mariner to Alaska last May and loved the huge balcony, and the suite itself. Views are spectacular. Having said that, the Seven Seas Aft Suite next to ours was vacant, and we were able to take a look. It was beyond wonderful. I don't recall the price difference but I will say I'd love to stay in one of those. I'd go for the Seven Seas Aft if I could.

We were on the Mariner last month for a few weeks and had a HS # 784 and loved it! The lay out was wonderful! We were able to go into the vacant 7Seas suite and considering the additional cost, I would not have opted for it. Since we were smack in the middle we could look both ways very easily. I would stick with the HS if I were you.

Thanks! Finally actually booked HS 990 for San Fransisco to Vancouver May 16. The Seven Seas Suite looks awesome but the price difference is pretty huge. I'm glad others have found the HS to be really nice. I think we will love the balcony, even though it may be a bit chilly. :)

I wonder why they would leave the Seven Seas suite vacant? I would think they would do a last minute upgrade to that suite for one of their frequent cruisers.

The cost of keeping two people in that suite is no greater to RSSC than keeping them in a regular suite. And if the butler was an issue, they could upgrade a frequent cruiser that was already in a Penthouse A/B, etc. for no additional cost.

I will likely never qualify as a frequent cruiser on RSSC, but it seems odd to let a suite like that sit idle.

We had a horizon suite & loved it.....Very roomy, and the balcony was great & huge. We would have preferred the seven seas aft for one reason only... we do like to have the 2 bathrooms. Whichever you take.. you'll enjoy it 'cause the service on the Mariner is Exceptional.

I'm presently in a HS (deck 8) on the Mariner. Its very nice. Of course, if money wasn't an option, I'd opt for a SS aft suite. The Balcony space for the SS suite gives you the feeling of your own outside space. As for the Horizon suite & SS aft suite, I think its more suited to warm cruises. Lounging outside on your HS deck is very nice when its sunny and warm. In my opinion, I will spend less time outside if its cool/cold, so the larger balcony/deck is less important. Remember that the HS suite is the same size (inside) as a regular suite If I recall correctly.

Sometimes, while in bed I hear people coming into there SS aft suite due to the layout. If you get the very middle Horizon suite (8104) that will resolve that issue. Also, there is a little more movement being in the very back. The view is great. Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to tour the Mariner here in Vancouver last August, and while I thought that the Horizon suite was indeed impressive, if you can swing the price, I would go with the SS aft suite - just an outstanding stateroom in every way. Fantastic views.

That being said, I don't think you can go wrong on the Mariner - I had a chance to look at every type of cabin, and even the smallest suite was tremendous! Good luck with your decision & have a great time!

Archived