My blue ebay gown came in the mail today!

luckyprincess

Well, I got the dress today that I ordered on ebay. Some of you may remember I was so excited because I fell in love with it! I dieted (Sobe) since Halloween for this cruise and wanted to get a dress that showed off some of my curves... What do you think? Its not the greatest pics and my puppy smeared her little nose all over the mirror trying to figure out what mommy was doing, but here goes....

I got Spanx and they do smooth you out nicely. They are pretty comfortable but I dont' feel as though I'm being 'sucked in' with these. Maybe a higher strength elastic would feel 'tighter'?

2202836768_3f613e551d.jpg

THANKS!!! You're all so sweet! I'm so excited, I feel like a kid on Christmas!:p My OTHER gown came, too - it fits great, even has a little room in it that looks fine. I'm going to wear it for the second formal night in case I gain any 'water weight' from the cruise!:D I'll stick to my diet to get onto the ship and into my first nights formal gown. Then its a free for all cheat fest!:p

Luckyprincess, the blue dress is beautiful and you look like a million bucks in it!! Where did you find Spanx??? I have looked for them and can't find it???

Hi, check www.qvc.com and they sell them, although now it seems

some of the better dept stores offer them now as well.

Oh, to the OP, your dress is beautiful. I LOVE the color:)

Well, I got the dress today that I ordered on ebay. Some of you may remember I was so excited because I fell in love with it! I dieted (Sobe) since Halloween for this cruise and wanted to get a dress that showed off some of my curves... What do you think? Its not the greatest pics and my puppy smeared her little nose all over the mirror trying to figure out what mommy was doing, but here goes....

I got Spanx and they do smooth you out nicely. They are pretty comfortable but I dont' feel as though I'm being 'sucked in' with these. Maybe a higher strength elastic would feel 'tighter'?

2202836768_3f613e551d.jpg

Beautiful dress and it looks great on you!! Congratualations on your weight loss.

I have a question though. What style spanx did you get? Is your dress fairly low in the back? I have a halter type evening dress that is pretty clingy and I was thinking of getting spanx for my waist area, but it looks like they come up too high in the back.

Your help would be appreciated!

Enjoy your cruise and your new dress.:D

Hi, Well thank you so much for all the nice words! It means a whole lot:). I got the dress on ebay - the seller had the measurements listed and I had my fingers crossed :p but it was right on. It came with a beautiful beaded scarf for my shoulders, too, and with shipping I paid $42! So happy!

The Spanx, I also got on ebay. They are the higher power panty in size A. The come all the way up to my ribs, and smooth all the way down to my middle thigh. Love them! It doesn't take any inches off (oh, well!:rolleyes: ) but it does smooth out the bumps! With shipping I paid $27. At Lord and Taylor they were around $50. It was brand new, by the way. Otherwise might be gross!:eek:

Oh, and love2vacation, the dress comes up high, about where a bra strap would be, in the back. The spanx come up right to that so I don't think this style of spanx would work for your gown, sorry!

I like it a lot. Are you a brunette, redhead or blonde? What color eyes and is your skin tone light, medium? I think anyone could wear this color. Good choice.

Thank you! I have long red hair, blue eyes, fair skin. The dress brings my eyes out a lot! I'll be sure to post pics from when I'm actually made up and looking good on formal night!!:p

Hi LuckyPrincess, it's me...the one who wants your dress! I'm so glad it fits and you are still happy with it now that you have it. I did find a dress, that is ok, but nothing great. I got it as a back-up, as it was cheap enough, or I can consign it. I may head to the "city" with a friend next weekend to do a bit more looking. I still adore your dress, and really look forward to seeing more pics! Yeah for you!

Hi LuckyPrincess, it's me...the one who wants your dress! I'm so glad it fits and you are still happy with it now that you have it. I did find a dress, that is ok, but nothing great. I got it as a back-up, as it was cheap enough, or I can consign it. I may head to the "city" with a friend next weekend to do a bit more looking. I still adore your dress, and really look forward to seeing more pics! Yeah for you!

Hi Georgette! Please let me see pics of what you find on your expedition!! Thanks for the encouragement!:D

Archived