Unlimited Alcohol Card?

cnewberry23

I was wanting to know if you could purchase a card for unlimited alcohol, like you can for soft drinks? Im going on my first Cruise Saturday Jan. 26,2008 on the Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans. If anybody has any advise that would make my Cruise more enjoyable, please feel free to let me know. :)

cnewberry23, that would be a great idea. if they price it right i bet it would cut down on smuggling booze in. i do however get a kick out of some of the other comments poopooing the idea. as if there arent drunks on board already. funny.

I was wanting to know if you could purchase a card for unlimited alcohol, like you can for soft drinks? Im going on my first Cruise Saturday Jan. 26,2008 on the Carnival Fantasy out of New Orleans. If anybody has any advise that would make my Cruise more enjoyable, please feel free to let me know. :)

Here is a couple of ideas to make your cruise more enjoyable.

Grab a little map that is available so you can learn your way around the ship faster.

You will get an activity guide every evening for the next day. Read that and plan on attending the activities that you would enjoy.

Have a fun cruise.

Karysa

I cruised with Holland last March and purchased a drink card. It was like a soda card you could get 10 drinks per card.The card saved about 50 cents per drink so $5 total. I purchased it a few months in advance so that the final cruise bill wouldn't be so high. I only used 9 out of 10 drinks, sothe last night I bought one for a friend I met onboard.

cnewberry23, that would be a great idea. if they price it right i bet it would cut down on smuggling booze in. i do however get a kick out of some of the other comments poopooing the idea. as if there arent drunks on board already. funny.

Agree completely and as long as you do not bother anyone else it is noe of their business. But some will make it so!

I've only ever seen one of these once. It was in the brochure back in '04 for Sunquest Cruises. It was $261.00 (ish) each. So I was thinking, man we're going to get our $$s worth out of this. We went to book the cruise and were told that Sunquest sold their ships. But other than that they don't have them.

My thought is I would think the cruise line would view it as every card they sell would guarantee them another inebriated passenger trying to get their money's worth. ;) :(

Carnival Fantasy DOES have this card available. It is ONLY for group sailings of 30 people or more, and EVERYONE has to get it. We are doing this for our group cruise in April. On the same ship as you are going on out of NO. It is costing us $225 pp on a 5 day cruise. Is it worth it, I really dont know :rolleyes: We are mainly doing it b /c everyone is afraid of over spending on booze and there are a few heavy drinkers in our group so for that price and a peice of mind we are going for it. I will let everyone know how it goes when we get back :eek:

Danielle

.....like everyone else is expounding.....you should smuggle the stuff aboard.......but then you would be limited to what you can carry...:)

..... double post.

Really, it's like they've never heard of all inclusive resorts either. I personally think it would be nice...then you already have the cost budgeted into your trip and you don't have to watch your spending so closely.

We are doing the all inclusive on our cruise in December on the Trimuph..so yes a all inclusive can be bought, like a previous poster stated you have to have 30 people or more and everyone must buy into the all inclusive whether it be alcohol or a soda card.

Ours is 280.00 per person for a 7 day cruise.

Archived