31 Day Sapphire clothes and beauty questions

SissyG

Thanks Phil. Does Donna know that you are taking up her precious shoe weight with hampers? I know I will really be happy to have a hamper, we usually throw dirty clothes into a mesh bag in the bottom of the closet until it is so crowded that we can no longer find the mates to shoes and then do laundry.

I think that in some instances Lorraine may have misspelled my name..but it is really Sissy.

Sissy

Since I am going to order these for Phil, I will be glad to just order a case and then either mail them or deliver them on board. By ordering a case, save a ton on shipping. I have sufficient space to bring them and they weigh next to nothing.

So if anyone wants any, please let me know by March 1st - and I will order and then split the shipping. There are 10 in package so enough for 10 loads of laundry.

Charlene

Charlene, I would love to try the washeze. We have trouble getting dryer sheets here let alone washing sheets. They sound great for travelling.

So, if it is not too much trouble could I please order a package.

If you do not have enough orders for a case, or if you cannot fit them in your case, thats okay. Thanks for the offer.

Linda

Linda, it is sometimes hard for some to get used to using Bare Escentuals mineral makeup. It has a much lighter feel and after you apply it you almost feel and think it doesn't do a thing. But to prove the difference, some day soon when you have time just make up one side of your face...you will not believe what a difference there is..and you still look as though you are not wearing makeup..this is what I like, especially at my age. I so remember that overly made up old lady look of the past and that is something that you just do not see when you wear BE. I have found that my BE goes on much smoother if I use their Prime Time make up primer. Using this makeup takes a little longer to apply but I think that the results are worth it. If you like makeup and like to spend time experimenting with your makeup you will love all the different colors and finishes that this makeup offers. One of my favorite things is clear radience...after everything else is finished I just brush on a little and feel it lives up to it's name. Enjoy and let me know how you like it...it takes a little time to get used to. Sissy

Hi Sissy,

I am not familiar with Clear Radience. Is it part of the Bare Minerals line. I use Mineral Veil as a finisher.

Judi

Charlene - if you are still offering, I'll take 2 packs of 10 Washeze - one for me and one for our friends who will be cruising with us. Of course - that all depends if you have room! US dollars, I presume??? :p

Last night my husband asked why we can't just bring 2 large suitcases with us. We did a 12 days Baltic cruise with only 2 suitcases. I just went in and interrupted his TV to tell him that everyone was saying that they are bringing 4!!!! He almost had a heart attack!!!

Someone was complaining about the cold. Here in central Florida, it will be 36 degrees at 6:30 AM tomorrow. My Mixed Doubles partner called to say he would not play tennis in the morning. What a wimp!!!

Don't know if anyone has a Belks in their area. Today I bought a Navy skirt, slacks & blouse there - 96% acetate/4% Spandex - on sale plus 20% off!!! The brand name is "Choices". I can roll it in a ball and it will never crease!

Karen

No problem for those who want them - I have plenty of room actually. I am bringing four suitcases and they have built in scales - I am only putting 35 lbs in each one so that I have room to bring stuff home.

So I am keeping a list for those who want the Washeze.

Charlene

No problem for those who want them - I have plenty of room actually. I am bringing four suitcases and they have built in scales - I am only putting 35 lbs in each one so that I have room to bring stuff home.

So I am keeping a list for those who want the Washeze.

Charlene

Charlene,

We would like 1 package please, if you still have room.

Thanks, Hal

Please, if all the Washeze packs have not been spoken for I would like to have 2 of them, they sound so convenient. I always take Color Catcher sheets on a cruise too..just in case I have to mix my loads a little I know the color will stay put.

Judi, clear radiance is part of the BE foundation line..they also have warm radiance and a few other shades of radiance...I usally buy mine at either ULTA, SEPHORA or you can also get the whole line from http://www.QVC.com

if you check QVC, just click on cosmetics or makeup, not sure exactly how they list it, then on Bare Escentuals and it should all come up. Clear Radiance has a slight glow or sheen to it, but it is not glittery at all, it is a great way to perk up your face and I use it as a brightener around the eyes..I use the warm radience as a blush when I have a tan. Sissy

Bobbie, I'll save one for you. I think I might have room for I more taker.

Sissy, I know that Donna has shoes stashed in my cases as well:rolleyes: I've created a fashion monster, she wants to bring her whole closet I think:(

Phil.

I found a neat web site this morning for Rum Runner flasks. They are clear heavy duty plastic non leak flasks for BOOZE.

look under money saving tips (has anyone been caught)

Now that you all have convinced me to check out this makeup I thought you might be interested in the show at 11am est, tomorrow 2/29. Hey if it is going to save me weight in my suitcase for more shoes, I'm all about that! Even called my daughter in Las Vegas and we're going to Ulta when I'm out there to get BE makeovers.

Hey Phil, what a wealth of knowledge you are. SD Ronni and I have been out scouring the stores for our pop up hampers and now we have to order our flasks. I love the hamper idea. My closet always looked like Sissy's with the clothes falling out of the bag and hard to find Tom's shoes. Mine are easier to find because I take one of those 20 pocket hanging shoe racks. Great for shoes, sunscreen bottles, etc.

Deb

Charlene - thanks for the tip on Washeze. I need the fragrance free and found them at this website. http://www.rvupgradestore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=2078 In case anyone else is allergic.

Have any of you campers ever purchased from RVupgradestore?

I finally dug out my suitcases and took my clothing selections off the staging pole, folded them and loosely placed in my two bags. Looks like I will make the weight requirements. We are on Qantas (70 lbs) on the way to Sydney, but are on American from LAX back to San Diego so have to comply with the 50 lb limit. I have a sense of relief now after doing this today as long as I don't start adding things. When I was stressing before Fred kept reminding me of our fellow passengers from the UK with a one bag limit.

TGBarbie, I take an over the door shoe holder too, but it never occured to me to actually use it for shoes, DUH..I always had it filled with so many other little things. As soon as we come in we put our cruisecards and camera in it..and we keep all our sunscreen there and just about every other little thing that we actually wanted to be able to find. It keeps the desk from becoming cluttered.

Bare Escentuals also has boutique stores in many cities, it would not surprise me that Las Vegas is one of them..I will see if I can find out for you. When I lived in CA I used to visit my stepmom out in Moorpark and would almost always stop in at their boutique at the Topanga Plaza mall for a few things. They are were so helpful when it came to selecting the right shades. Sissy

I was pretty surprised to find that Las Vegas doesn't have a Bare Escentuals Boutique..they sure have everything else there.

After my raves about BE and the interest that some of you have shown I hope that if you do decide to make the investment in it that you like it. I would just feel terrible to think that I encouraged you and then you were dissatisfied with it. It really does take getting used to using...it is such a different feel and look than you are used to. I really encourage you to do the half face experiment...it is amazing..it is such a natural look. Sissy

Those clear plastic flasks for booze can be bought at most liquor stores. They have 2 sizes. There's a cap and then there's a screw-on jigger over the cap. Very reasonable.

Seeing that we usually drive to the ports, Stan puts his booze in the flasks. I put them in the ends of my special travel purse or in the carry-on and they have ALWAYS made it through security.

Hope that Princess doesn't read all our messages --- or they'll be looking out for us all as we board!!!

Karen

If any of you are going to Alice Springs and Uluru, try to find out if it is still mosquito season there. We were told to bring "mosquito head nets" so we paid $2 each for ones in the camping section of Walmart. Others, didn't bring them and had to pay $6 each in Australia. They're just a head net with elastic around your neck. We REALLY needed them - unbelieveable how those little buggers try to get into your ears, mouth, nose & eyes.

I'm not sure exactly if or when mosquito season ends (we were there in Feb.). But thought I would pass that idea along. You can put them over your head and then put your hat on, or you can put them right over your hat. We all looked hysterical but it was better than eating & breathing mosquitos!!!

Oh - they don't bite - just really annoying! We were also told to bring them on our Amazon trip but it wasn't mosquito season when we got there!

Sorry, I posted this answer on our roll call, forgot it was asked here. Our friend in Sydney says these pests should not be a problem when we are there. She tee-heed at my question and said no Ozzie would wear a net, even in the Outback.

Also as I posted on the roll call, their weather has been crazy this summer. Not as hot as usual, a lot of flooding in Queensland (for those of you going to Cairns), no cyclones so far and temps around 70 in Sydney.

SISSY: Well I did it. Ordered the starter kit from Bare Escentuals. Hopefully I'll have a few days to try it out before I go to Las Vegas. (Thanks for checking on the boutique for me. You are right I can't believe they don't have one, they have everything else). Then I can add anything else I thing I need when we go to Ulta. I may look for one of their shops in San Fran. We fly there on the 30th and then our 10:30pm flight to Sydney. We love SF so are flying up early and will spend the day kicking around. You may have to give lessons to us newbies on the ship.

Deb

I'm going to see if they still have any of the folding hampers at the dollar store and bring a couple of extras for anyone that needs it. Phil

Hi Phil,

Tried the dollar store here but they didn't have any folding hampers. If you still have an extra, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks.

We are headed to Walmart tomorrow for the hamper and to look for washeze sheets. Today I purchased some BE at the Ulta store and have just watched the DVD.About to go in and try them out!!

Donna

Archived