QV's Maiden Transat, Seen From QE2

stowaway2k

Kyle, thank you for posting. It was a pleasure meeting you and the fellow WCC members that we did. We only regret missing most of the get togethers and meeting others but we were so busy soaking up as much of the ship as we could.

Even with having no other crossings to compare to, for us, this by far was the best trip we have ever taken, especially since we had only one port of call ;). As we boarded, it felt like we had come home and were welcomed by our extended family of QE2 admirers. Having watched your video, it is a priviledge to have been a part of this historic crossing and it is with great sadness that we will not have the opportunity to do this again next year. That sobering thought is constantly weighing on my mind. Maybe I should change my computer screen wallpaper to something other than QE2 as well. If we we could only manage the time off to take the 20 day fall cruise......anyway, I'll have to settle with watching her from QM2 in October leave NYC for the final time, which is going to be very hard.

Archived