Wine Store in San Diego

Can anyone recommend a good place to pick up a few bottles of wine in San Diego? I will be staying a few days in San Diego before sailing and have a rental car. Should we just try to find a Costco or supermarket?

If you are staying pre-cruise near the port an alternative to Rite-Aid is Ralph's Grocery on the corner of 1st Ave and G Street (101 G Street), a 10 minute walk from the Embassy Suites.

Excellent Wine Selection, great prices.

http://clients.mapquest.com/ralphs/m...w .kroger.com

We bought our precruise wine at Trader Joe's. We got a nice bottle and a cheap bottle. Their website has all their locations- there was one in San Diego near our hotel, but we went to the one in La Jolla because we wanted to take a little driving tour of the area.

If you have a rental car, the place with the best selection of wine is probably BevMo. You can go online to BevMo.com and look at their wine selections. The closest one to downtown would be the one that is listed as San Diego - Mission Valley. At some of the stores (I don't know if it is all of them or not) you can order on-line, pay for it on-line then go pick it up without standing in a big line and stuff! Works pretty good, I use it periodically myself. In addition to a good wine selection, they have a huge liquor selection too! Of course, this is for a good selection...if you want a box of wine Sav-On or Walgreens or whatever is closer.

Mike

Where are you staying? There is a Trader Joe's at the new Liberty Station (old NTC) on Rosecrans, and one in Hillcrest/Uptown. There is a Beverages & More in Mission Valley near Borders (Mission Center Road exit off of 8).

Downtown there is CostPlus World Market, Ralph's, Albertson's and several more wine specific places to check out.

The Wine Bank

363 5th Ave # 100

(619) 234-7487

San Diego Wine & Culinary Center

200 Harbor Dr

(619) 231-6400

Bacchus Wine Market

647 G St

(619) 236-0005

The closest CostCo (if you are looking for jug or box wine) to downtown is the one in Mission Valley near the stadium.

Can anyone recommend a good place to pick up a few bottles of wine in San Diego? I will be staying a few days in San Diego before sailing and have a rental car. Should we just try to find a Costco or supermarket?

Ralphs by Horton Plaze is the easiest. Since you have a car and may be heading at some time up to the northern part of the city might want to visit: http://www.winesellar.com/. Upstairs is a nice french/continental restaurant which you can enjoy after buying some wine.

Archived