All things Independence of the Seas

Hi everyone,

We are sailing on this ship Transatlantic November 6th. I would love it if someone that sails before us can check out and let me know if they have hairdryers in the ladies locker room in the sauna/spa area. The reason I ask is because the amenities are not the same in all ships of the same class for example on Celebrity the Summit and the Constellation both have hairdryers but the Millennium does not and they are all the same class. Also while you are about it can you send someone into the men’s room and see if they have shaving gel/foam and razors.

Many thanks

Bild Em Bigger, we are in an aft cabin on the Sept. 6th sailing (1404) and chose it after having aft cabins on our previous two cruises. We (I) won't go any other way now, I enjoy the w-i-d-e view from the balconey especially for photographic purposes. The view of the Norweigian Fjords from our aft cabin was simply fantastic. The only down-side is the long walk to the elevators, but it's definitely worth it, at least IMHO. Regards.

Curious why you did not choose 1400 or 1700 (corner AFT), seems those rooms and balconies are even wider?

what am i doing wrong???? i went to that AKER YARDS link and tried to get in several times and it didn't work:(

I had the same problem then I realised I didnt do the correct spelling :o it must be AkerYards and not Akeryards the Y must be in capital letter.

What about that music :confused:

When I viewed the video it looked to me like the staff were a little sad to see their "baby leave the nest". They had raised her from "birth" and now she is leaving. From the looks on faces, that was my impression and in this case I thought the music was appropriate.

Those photos were great! THANKS!!

My only question, do we go by the deck plans on RCCL website, or the ones from AkerYards? It seems as if our rooms (7304/06) are not connectiong, unless I am misreading the prints.... Some of the rooms show a circular door between rooms, but not ours, just shows a small triangle???

Curious why you did not choose 1400 or 1700 (corner AFT), seems those rooms and balconies are even wider?

Good question, and we booked way back in July '07. Anyway, we were simply looking for an aft Junior Suite or D-1 cabin; in retrospect we should have chosen one of the two you mentioned. But, still looking forward to a great time in celebration of our 35th.

We have stateroom 1402 on the TA in November and our friend (sailing with us) has your stateroom 1404. Take good care of it. Happy Cruising.

Steve

Steve, we'll definitely take good care of it for your friend and we'll even let them know our opinion. :) Thanks.

Hiya

Any of you guys going on the Canaries cruise and have booked the tour in Madeira where you ride in the wicker baskets????

We are going on 21st May, and that is one thing we definitely want to book but are a bit confused as to which one includes the ride in the price. I think 3 of the tours mention that you 'may' take the ride down and one says that you do.... Unfortunately this one takes you round an embroidery factory and all that stuff, which we are not so bothered about (and our 2 sons definitely arent!!!)

Getting very excited now.......:D

I would love to hear about this tour when you get back!

We were in Madeira last November and WATCHED the "wicker baskets" slide down the narrow winding streets- complete with cars!!! It looked terrifying- but I bet it's alot of fun! My husband took one look, and said "NO WAY!!!"

I know there are 2 or 3 tours that include this, but I'm not sure which ones.

I think the reason it says you "may", could be that it's optional- you can just watch if you prefer! I did get some video as they "whooshed" by, and that's wild- especially when the cars come out from blind corners!

I would love to hear about this tour when you get back!

We were in Madeira last November and WATCHED the "wicker baskets" slide down the narrow winding streets- complete with cars!!! It looked terrifying- but I bet it's alot of fun! My husband took one look' date=' and said "NO WAY!!!"

I know there are 2 or 3 tours that include this, but I'm not sure which ones.

I think the reason it says you "may", could be that it's optional- you can just watch if you prefer! I did get some video as they "whooshed" by, and that's wild- especially when the cars come out from blind corners![/quote']

This just makes me want to do it more :eek: :eek: :eek:

This just makes me want to do it more :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi

Think we have decided to do what Scotsman suggested and walk to the cable car ourselves and then do the whicker basket thing :eek: . Will post all about it.

Talking about cabins we have somehow managed to snag 1700. This is our first cruise and am now afraid after listening to all the comments (well, not afraid..... delighted!!) that we may have spoiled ourselves forever.....!!