Which is better, cab or shuttle from Miami?

Carnival Game

We can purchase shuttle tickets from the travel agent for $30.00 apiece round trip to/from Miami airport to the port. How far away is it? I'm guessing there could literally be hundreds of cars and taxis driving to the port, causing the traffic to be slow. Which would you recommend?

According to the MIA website the fare is a flat rate so the meter doesn't matter. Just verify the rate with the cabby before you get in at the airport. The distance is less than 10 miles and usually takes less than 20 minutes.

We have always taken a cab because the rate is fixed as previously posted. I don't remember traffic ever being a problem on weekends. Plus why wait for them to fill up the bus before leaving to the pier. It is just wasted time that you could spend onboard.:cool:

I hate shuttles!

They either drive around trying to fill up their shuttle, or you wait in the shuttle while they try to fill it up. If it's a Carnival shuttle... then you have to listen to the driver the whole trip threaten you for a TIP if you ever expect to see you bags again.

The cab would be $6 cheaper as well. I took the shuttle on my first Carnival cruise... and a cab for my last cruise there in May a year ago. I would spend the $24 each way for the cab. Nice direct route without delays or inconvienences.

Best of luck! :)

and the best part IMO is that the cab will drop you off right next to the porters, luggae out of the cab to the porters and inside. Otherwise, you wait for the bus to unload, find your gear in the pile, trek to the porters and go. The busses will be in the same traffic as the cabs, and at times it can be busy, but i can't think of a reason to take the shuttle...we cab it off the boat as well, ccl won't leave until the buses are full and you could have to walk further to your airline with bus service compared to the cab that will drop you right at the airline

There are (7) of us,4 adults and 3 kids 10,14 and 1 year old. Would it be more feasiable for us to do the cab or the shuttle?

I think the shuttle is $99.00 each way for us or $20. round trip through carnival.

$24.00 sounds like a bargain to me but what about riding with a toddler?

Do we need to show cruise tickets to get into terminal?

How many suitcases does a cab hold?

Thanks for the info.:D

We have 2 adults and 5 teenage girls, I would like to take taxi's too, but how many can fit in a cab? with luggage of course. I don't really want any of the young girls riding without a parent? any suggestions?

Thanks. I suppose they have mini van type ones, does anyone know how much those are?

The mini vans probably hold seven passengers but there is no way they will hold the luggage of five teenage girls. :D You will need to get two cabs. Just split your party up, one adult with three teens in one cab and the other adult with two teens in the other cab. You will save $50 each way using a cab for your party instead of buying shuttles for seven people, you will also find it much faster and easier.

The only reason anyone takes the shuttle is because it was included with Carnival air. Mr. Pete sprung for a cab even though he could have ridden the shuttle which was included with his air...it's just that much more convenient. :)

We would take a cab. Don't like waiting for the entire shuttle to fill before leaving for port. Cab is so much quicker. Worth the $$$ IMHO.

FrannyK

Costa Riviera 1985

NCL Seaward 1987

CCL Fantasy 1/2000

CCL Sensation 2/2001

CCL Imagination 1/2002

RCI Explorer 6/2002

RCI Monarch 4/2003

CCL Sensation 2/2004

CCL Imagination 2/2006

CCL Liberty Thanksgiving/2006

CCL Legend 7/08